New new website

Discussion in 'News' started by Kappa, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Kappa

Kappa Robot Man Ex-Staff

Yeah, wohoo! Another move! More broken stuff!
    Nah, not this time. Most of the things held up and are not (or at least not further) broken ever since our move away from the rather pricey IPSBoard. We are definitely staying with XenForo from now on. As of now, there are still things that need some configuration like the badges and awards you all crave and deserve and I'm working on it plus a few administrative things in the background. Styling of the site is done in the most important parts but I will still improve it here and there over time.

I also want to take some time here and address the issue with the broken posts we have had for a while now. The issues stemmed from a combination of the incompatability of IPSBoards database structure and encoding format with that of MyBB. I'm trying desperately to get rid of the mojibake (yes that is a word, google it) with some tricks, but for the most part we have fixed the very important threads and posts like the Server Information and the Tech Codex.

I'd like to encourage every user here: If you see that one of your posts is broken (like an app for example), do your fellow members a favor and fix it if you have some spare time while I try to get the overall problem under control.

By the way, I started making a forum guide on how to use most of the important stuff. You can check it out here

That's all I had to say. I hope you all enjoy browsing this aesthetically pleasing forum again and make good use of its functions.

Capslock, Loo, WowGain and 2 others like this.