zirconzz but EPIC??

Discussion in 'Approved' started by zirconzz, Apr 12, 2020.

1. zirconzz

zirconzz da guy Staff Member Community Monitor Gold Donator

Forum name: zirconzz

Country/Timezone: USA, Central Standard Time

Why do you want to be Staff?: I've been in GC since 2014, and I felt it's about time I start giving back to a community that's taught me so much and that I've stuck with the whole way. I like to help people when I can and when I know what I'm talking about, and I seriously love this community.

What skills can you bring to the staff team?: In another community (The North Pacific, a NationStates region) I was a Forum RP moderator and a member of their "Conclave", ie a group dedicated to maintaining the canon of the community and deciding on other important canonical things like the solar system and origin of certain religions, among other things. I consider myself a veteran GC player and I think I'd be a pretty decent and active moderator or monitor.

What area(s) would you be most interested in helping assist with (if you have more than one preference, list in order of highest preference to lowest)?": I'd love to help with lore, organization, and moderation, and of course if needed I could gladly grade apps or do enforcement, too.

Have you had prior experience moderating/staffing an online community?: Yes!

If so, where? What were your responsibilities?: As mentioned earlier, I was a Forum RP Moderator in The North Pacific's forum RP community as well as a Conclave member (I still am actually) who helped maintain and create canon/lore in the community.

As staff, it is crucial to be visible to the public; on the Forums, through the Discord, and on the Server. Though it is not mandatory to be on these three all the time, do you agree to be as active as possible through these means?: Yes! I'm very active on the Discord and I can easily be active on the Forums. I've been trying to be more active on Server as well.

For better interaction with our users on the Galaxy Citizen Discord server and to take full part in any voice meetings we may have in the Staff Discord, it is recommended that you use a good microphone. Do you possess a microphone (If you do not have a microphone, it will NOT affect your chances for being on Staff)?: Though I tend not to use it, yes, I do have a microphone.

What do you like about this community?: This community has given be a sense of belonging. I love everyone in it. I love how much it's grown and how much it's helped me grow as a person. I love the setting and how far it's grown. I love the contrast between the heavy, dark plots and the casual, slice of life RP, though really I love all of the storytelling. Some of my greatest friends online are from Galaxy Citizen. Even when I left, I could never stay away for long, I always came back to GC.

What areas would you like to receive help in should you become staff? Enforcement and grading. I can do both of them but I'm always iffy on enforcement stuff, and as for grading I just don't know what makes a good app and such.

What are your weaknesses? My lack of sleep, my tendency to procrastinate, and the stuff above.

Galaxy Citizen Character name(s): Ari, Seru, Artyom, Sofia, Leilani, Mix, Rook, Neuro, Nox, plenty more over the years

Pinkbat5, 17, SilverGallium and 4 others like this.
  2. inactive account

inactive account Inactive Account Ex-Staff Impervium Donator

Good guy with lotsa experience. +1

zirconzz likes this.
  3. SilverGallium

SilverGallium No-Bark Noonan Impervium Donator

There literally isn't a single reason why you wouldn't want to hire this guy. +1