Wearable Xadari EVA Pack

Discussion in 'Approved' started by PrivateNomad, Oct 19, 2018.

1. PrivateNomad

PrivateNomad There goes my hero, watch him as he goes Staff Member Technician Gold Donator Event Builder

Name: Xadari EVA Pack

Description:
    This EVA pack was made for usage by the Xadari in areas with gravity, allowing them easy movement. It also has an air mask that can fit over a Xadaran beak under their facial tentacles, with a metallic tubing that connects to a tank of the methane-sulphate-peroxide air mixture that they breathe. Underneath the tank is a battery attached to their back with several anti-gravity channels facing outward, allowing them to float in the air. The overall design is compact, designed to sleekly fit over the back of the Xadaran using a comfortable harness.

Abilities:
    • Provides air, as Xadari cannot breathe in normal oxygen air without heavy biological augmentation.
    • Allows the Xadari to float in the air so that they do not have to slither on the ground. Contains a power cell that delivers electricity to a low-power anti-grav channel.
    • Can last up to a whole 24 hours on full charge. Gas lasts 12 hours.
    • Tank is made of durasteel, allowing a high amount of air to last up to 24 hours.
    • Can be upgraded with particle thrusters to allow for faster movement, at the expense of energy usage.
    Limitations:
    • Can only float up to 2 meters in height.
    • Can only move up to jogging speed.
    • Anti-gravity is Susceptible to EMP.
    • Gas is flammable.

How does it work: The air tank works mechanically, allowing the user to easily take in breathes of air using the respirator from the tank. It can easily be replaced with another tank of air as needed. The anti-gravity channel is located at the bottom of the battery which is attached to the tank carrier.

Flavor text: Originally made for use in space as part of an EVA suit, it works surprisingly well for traversing foreign worlds that do not have an atmosphere suitable for Xadari lungs. And who wants to just slither on the ground like an octopus?

Referenced Technologies (Optional): None

Attainability: Semi-Closed Racial

Tags: Civilian

Category: Wearable.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  2. Markus Aleksandr

Markus Aleksandr The Liberated Bronze Donator

Hello. I'll be grading this'n here.

This tech kinda seems like a gimme for the Xadari to be able to function outside of their normal climate, which I'm fine with.
    My largest concern, though, is how these tanks manage to hold a 24 hour supply of this methane-sulphate-peroxide mixture. Do the Xadari just breathe very little in general, or are these tanks under a lot of pressure?

3. PrivateNomad

PrivateNomad There goes my hero, watch him as he goes Staff Member Technician Gold Donator Event Builder

They're under a lot of pressure, possible because of space-age materials (notable durasteel). Also, I'd say the gas lasts 12 hours, the anti-gravity lasts 24. Also, I'm adding that the gas is flammable.

4. Markus Aleksandr

Markus Aleksandr The Liberated Bronze Donator

12 hours seems a lot more feasible. Please make sure this is reflected in the next line down.

Under those conditions, I move for a Pass

5. 9K

9K Galactic Officer Staff Member Administrator

Acceptable. Passed.