Weekly Update #29 [09/07/2017]

Discussion in 'Weekly Updates' started by Drakkar, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Drakkar

Drakkar Space Pirate & Beastmaster Ex-Staff

Weekly Update #29

Alright! It's been one hell of a week for everyone in the community, staff included! With the new forums up and running we've decided it's proper time to resume our weekly updates. That said, there's been a lot to share, and I'd like to congratulate the staff team for they've been going around all over the place to ensure our new website is up to standard and working, rescuing anything we may be missing from the old forums.

Organization:

• Application grading.

Welcome to the new team member of Organization, /profile/32-khaos/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="32" href="/profile/32-khaos/" id="ips_uid_4447_10" style="">@Khaos!

Focusing efforts on the reconstruction of our forums, reposting threads and applications from the old forums. This effort has been lead by /profile/6-wowgain/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6" href="/profile/6-wowgain/" style="">@WowGain!

Enforcement:

• Keeping things stable in the community as always.

Welcome to the not-so-new team member of Enforcement, /profile/273-spartanbobby/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="273" href="/profile/273-spartanbobby/" id="ips_uid_4447_8" style="">@SpartanBobby!

Redefining of the staff team's enforcement protocol with the help of /profile/273-spartanbobby/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="273" href="/profile/273-spartanbobby/" id="ips_uid_4447_11" style="">@SpartanBobby.

Cleaning up and streamlining the rules & guidelines.

Management:

• Keeping the technology side of the server stable as always.

Planetary uploads for Haven's update, Calypso and Amethyst.

Configuring the new website to ensure its stability and quality in the future.

Additionally, I'd like to take a moment to congratulate /profile/2-lloyd/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="2" href="/profile/2-lloyd/" id="ips_uid_4447_21" style="">@Lloyd and /profile/36-pinkbat5/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="36" href="/profile/36-pinkbat5/" style="">@Pinkbat5on their promotions to Community Moderators, as well as /profile/76-master-nemo/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="76" href="/profile/76-master-nemo/" id="ips_uid_4447_23" style="">@Master Nemoand /profile/4-privatenomad/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="4" href="/profile/4-privatenomad/" id="ips_uid_4447_22" style="">@PrivateNomadon their promotions to Community Administrators! We are also extremely thankful for the help /profile/273-spartanbobby/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="273" href="/profile/273-spartanbobby/" id="ips_uid_4447_20" style="">@SpartanBobbyis providing while he also fights in the deadly jungles of otherwhere. In addition to all of this, we're taking a moment to once again bid our favorite Waifu-bot, SirLagsalot
    , who has parted ways with us to focus on other life projects of his own. We are thankful for his work and dedication to this community, even if some may not have a clue as to who he once was. In any case, those of us who do will do our best to tell some stories from the attic.

Finally, before we tackle the pipeline, I'll go ahead and take this chance to officially announce my future retirement from Galaxy Citizen's Staff Team as Community Administrator, which is to take place on the 24th of July of the current year. I will be making an announcement when the day comes to answer any and all questions, as well as to express my feelings and gratitude for this community and everyone who has been a part of it at any given time.

On the pipeline:

• Spaceship & Fleet Combat system in the works by /profile/15-drakkar/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="15" href="/profile/15-drakkar/" id="ips_uid_4447_19" style="">@Drakkar and /profile/210-snakeybob/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="210" href="/profile/210-snakeybob/" id="ips_uid_4447_17" style="">@Snakeybob.

• Reconstructing the codex and website.

• Rough drafting of everything /profile/15-drakkar/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="15" href="/profile/15-drakkar/" id="ips_uid_4447_18" style="">@Drakkar has worked on for the Human Lore.

• Releases of lore pages for the codex, including Spacer lore.

• Master thread in order to enable the Folklore & Lore Submissions codex forum.

• Reforming the way the staff team works in order to merge all departments into one.

That would be all for this week! Thank you for reading, and don't forget to donate if you can!

2. WowGain

WowGain Bara King Staff Member Administrator Bronze Donator Event Builder

/emoticons/sad.png/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20">

3. PrivateNomad

PrivateNomad There goes my hero, watch him as he goes Staff Member Technician Gold Donator Event Builder