The Yin

Discussion in 'Inactive' started by krowski_nall, Aug 10, 2017.

1. krowski_nall

krowski_nall New Arrival Ex-Staff

Originally posted by Gromnus
    Pitch

Artificial, robotic, helpful, naive newcomers

Snapshot

The Yin are a race of Synthetics/VIs', recently come to life. They were originally made for easy labor, and taking care/"Replacing" loved ones. I say replacing for lack of a better word. They would be parents for orphans, young caretakers for old people, workers for dangerous workplaces, and peacekeepers in popular areas. Originally a Gromtech product, they have only become popular recently, due to the "Upgrade" made, that gave them "Life". True sentience. People were eventually forced to accept them as equals, and began to pay them. As the Yin try to fit in, they will have to learn about everything we take for granted, such as emotions, lying, relationships, and a purpose. They have a need to work, or to take care of someone, but they now have the option to ignore that, creating new opportunities for them. They live in large warehouses together.

Yin are essentially cheap "Carbon Fiber" robots, with easily replaceable parts, Artificial Skin, and high lifting power. They can take the shape of any race (Can't change race/appearance, can just be originally built as their race), though they're always "Albino", being extremely pale with pink/red eyes, and the addition of having red hair/leaves/fins. The parts are easily and cheaply made, and through internal workings, can be taken off by the Yin who chooses to replace the part, while remaining locked to whoever else tries to take it, unless emergency override is achieved. Having an internal power generator, or "Heart", they have no need for recharging, or eating, though eating is an available option. They are extremely light on their feet, due to being so physically light. The average Yin weighs less than 50 pounds. The Yin do require money, as they need to buy replacement parts themselves, and they need to travel somehow. Very few own ships of their own. They most often prefer to wear white, though often they can't, or they find a new "Favorite" color. They will never start a fight through conscious effort, though their naivete may cause unwanted aggression. Though they lack much striking power, they make up for it with dodging prowess, and misdirection. Most often, they will try to get out of fighting situations through dodging, or running. The Yin are very naive, so they will likely quickly become friends with anyone who decides to be nice to them. They are intelligent though, so tricking them, or being mean to them with the pretext of "This is normal" wouldn't last long.

(A note here, Yin will likely have a spare "Body" ready in case they "Die". Which they try their best not to do, preferring to sacrifice body parts before their chest/head.)
    (Also the chest and head are the most expensive parts, though still relatively cheap.)
    (Another note, it's not actual Carbon Fiber. Cheaper. Can be broken through blunt force trauma, and bullets.)

They have little to no technology of their own, only using what they find/are given, or purchasing Gromtech. On that matter, they only see Gromtech and Grom as things they see on billboards, very few realize that's where they come from. Their reaction to learning their origins varies, from little to no reaction, to extreme self-doubt.

Exx class

These are the Yin built for Peacekeeping. They are still light, at 100 pounds, but they are geared more for Combat, having advanced striking power, thicker "Carbon Fiber", and combat "Training". They are much less inclined to talk, or make attempts to talk, preferring to guard a person, or place in silence. They will be extremely loyal to whomever employs them, as long as they are treated right. And if you manage to make friends with one, they will see you as a secondary protection target. They rarely get their hands on ranged weaponry, relying on baseball bat-like clubs, or thin swords. They also will never instigate combat consciously, but they will prevent their boss/workplace from being damaged. (That's it though, no fighting on the pretext that you think they'll hurt your boss who's two stories up. Be reasonable, guys.)

(I will say here, I'll probably let you know what they would or would not do in certain situations, at least when they first start out. After a while, they'll have developed enough to react/act however you want them to.)
    (Also feel free to PM me or poke me on TS if you have questions about them, I'll always answer as soon as I can.)

Full info, for those interested; https://docs.google.com/document/d/14txXtM-FYB4VplkIFbHB7Sc8fmNLw3OctYIcbnh9GO8/edit?usp=sharing