The Tarridan Empire

Discussion in 'Approved' started by Dust and Echoes, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Khaos

Khaos Purple Man Impervium Donator

I'm giving this species app's second stage an initial pass.

Dust and Echoes, Exon and zecon125 like this.
  2. Pinkbat5

Pinkbat5 pocl v3.6.7 Staff Member Administrator Diamond Donator

Loving the culture and general aesthetic of these fuckers. God yes.
    Few questions/requests, all of them biology-focused, before I turn this pending into a pass:

– Their body tissues are described as being tarlike. Would you say their biology resembles your typical human's, (differentiated tissues and organs/blood, a skeleton) or are they weirder than that, maybe resembling an organic novakid or remnant?
    – Is their neural core in their head or their chest? Can they clone?
    – How do they reproduce? Like a mammal, or do they bud? Maybe release spores? Are their infants/young shaped like small adults, or something else?
    Finally:
    – Is it safe to assume on a biochemical level, they're like your typical organic core race? (Respond to drugs the same way, can eat the same foods, there's neuroinvasion cross-compatibility, etc)

3. Dust and Echoes

Dust and Echoes Galactic Citizen

Oh god oh fuck biology

-They resemble closer to a organic novakid. Their interior body can break down and distribute nutrients it receives as well as send and recieve nueral signals and move limbs. Their exoskeleton allows them to keep their shape.
    -The nueral core is in the chest and resembles a chalky stone about the size of a soccer ball. I am unsure if they can clone as I am still unsure of the upper limits of GC cloning technology. I’m gonna put down a tentative “no” and then we can discuss it later if need be.
    -Male Tarridans release spores passively at set intervals throughout their lives. When a female is biologically and mentally ready they may make the choice for their body to begin receiving these spores. Spores distribute rapidly in open space, leading there to be a much higher birth rate among settled individuals than nomadic ones. When a female accepts a spore, their core begins to bud. Once it has grown large enough, the core will exit their torso along with a small amount of ‘flesh’ held within a thin membrane. As time goes on this core will develop its own ocular organs as well as limbs. The child is considered belonging to the mothers family.
    -They can eat the same foods and are affected by drugs similarly, as well as being affected by Nuero invasion. The only difference is that they must consume foods in liquid or viscous form so it may pass through their exoskeleton.

4. Pinkbat5

Pinkbat5 pocl v3.6.7 Staff Member Administrator Diamond Donator

Quite epic. It sounds like they move through hydrostatic pressure instead of regular muscles...
    Add this info to the app, then you have your second pass!

Dust and Echoes likes this.