The Ol' Switcheroo Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ZachChase, Mar 6, 2021.

1. ZachChase

ZachChase Does Anyone Read These? Gold Donator

Time for a writing prompt everybody!

Switch the backstories of two of your characters (only enough to where it makes sense), but keep their personalities (relatively) the same.
    How would this change your two characters?

I'll switch the backstories of Chalk and Loura.
    Chalk's family is now dead and he's a cyborg, he's still an artist, but likely a lot more violent and angsty.
    This might be where the edgy alternate timeline of Chalk, 'Choke', comes from.

Loura's family is not dead, but she left them behind in pursuit of her own craft, brewing. She'd probably be a lot happier than she is now. She's also not a cyborg.​

2. Exon

Exon Galactic Enforcer

I'll do Dox and Aria. (I'm also doing nominations at the end because I didn't nominate on the last thread that told me to.)

Dox would become... well... pretty similar to Aria now, if the same things had happened to her. Aria is very much a product of her circumstances, for better or for worse - the original, organic Aria, if she's still alive, is a completely different person.

Aria under Dox's circumstances - subjected to the same thing, given all the same stimulus... she'd actually have some more personality. She'd be more sarcastic, more spiteful than Dox. Less calculated, less caring... more of a prick. Aria's personality - the original one, that was washed out of her by mental conditioning - was not very kind. She was a mercenary, before... hm. Maybe I could bring her in as a proper PC in her own right one day.

3. Roren

Roren Galactic Citizen

Reggie becomes a rugged old synthetic who has been alive way too long, but instead of using his brain to go off and create successful business ventures, he uses his age and life longevity to create music throughout the years.

Tolkin becomes a brat from a poor household with vague origins, and using his vast, uncorrupted, and undegraded intellect, rises to the top of the Vallhallan food chain while caring for his grandmother, who hides her own dark secrets.

Exon likes this.
  4. Z3R0

Z3R0 New Arrival

Spectra's basically the same as she is now: A brash, arrogant sociopath. However, she'd have values that she currently lacks, the most prevalent being a sense of honor. Additionally, she'll stay away from most alcohol, having been taught by her parents the dangers of it. She'd also probably be nicer, since she grew up around two loving parents.

Aika's a bit more reckless and violent than she is now, but maintains her affable demeanor. She's adept at hacking and engineering, but isn't very educated due to Salisbrook's government suppressing their citizen's education. This Aika would be a bit more ruthless, willing to cheat and deceive in order to get what she wants, and she isn't afraid of getting her hands dirty. Despite this though, she's still kind at heart, even if she lacks the sense of honor the current Aika has.