The Manifest of the Eyes of the Blind Gods

Discussion in 'Nexus Net' started by TheRagnaRoek, Jul 6, 2017.

1. TheRagnaRoek

TheRagnaRoek New Arrival

//A site appears in the Nexus Net. On the very top, there is a relatively large symbol: An Eye with a purple pupil, crossed through twice. It is surrounded by various different decorations, most dominantly complex tribal-ish figures and cog systems.

Beneath this picture is a paragraph with a message, below it a document titled 'The Manifest of the Eyes of the Blind Gods'//

I greet every one of you who found their way to this site. My name is Ro'cvellah Araganin. I am the leader, called the Shrouded, of this cult - the Eyes of the Blind Gods. We are a young group and only small, thus I utilize the power and vastness of the Nexus Net to spread our word and faith. Enclosed is our manifest, which includes all our beliefs and rules. If you are interested in learning more about us, seek me on Haven - I will hold lectures to the people on the main plaza and talk to the locals regularly. You will recognize me by the necklace of a crossed-through eye.

May the Gods' blessings lead you on peaceful ways.

The Manifest of the Eyes of the Blind Gods

We believe there are gods in this world, inconceivably manifold and with more faces than could be told about. Some reveal themselves to us, some remain in hiding until the end of time. Thus, we believe there are no false gods. Every faith prays and pays tribute to the Pantheon of the Blind Gods. Whatever prayers, practices or names they have to live their faith, we believe it is the right way and serves the Blind Gods. You needn't pray to any gods either – you need only acknowledge their existence.

We believe each living being has a soul. No matter the race and kin, it is the same in essence for anyone. Every faith has the goal to find soothing for one's soul, to find peace and rest. Some may find it in life already – yet, in death, every soul will find rest and peace amongst the gods regardless. It is our longing to bring spiritual peace to everyone's soul – if they pray to any god or not.

We believe that sentient synthetic beings have a soul as well. We consider them created souls rather than born souls, yet they do not differ in their worth.

We believe in the blindness of the gods. They see through our eyes. The blind amongst us are the listeners of our cult. They, and the prophet, only, can hear the Gods' voices directly. They alone can emerge to be Priests of the Blind Gods. Thus, if one wishes to become a priest, he must forsake his sight.

We believe in the power of sacrifice, as well as in gifts from the gods. Yet, we condemn violence in the name of religion, as religions should not quarrel – we are all bound by our faith and brethren in our souls.

We believe in the Shrouded as the prophet of our faith. He who came and was put through the Trial of Veils as the first and emerged as the victor and champion of the Blind Gods. He who received the first gifts from the Gods themselves. He who brought us this manifest. He who accepted their name. He who was once man and became our prophet.

We believe in the Trial of Veils. Once the prophet will fade to go to the Gods, six Eyes can accept the call of the Veil, as our prophet has when the Gods called upon him. They will be blinded and have to fight each other to the death, as only one can emerge as a champion. This one shall be regarded the new prophet, the new head of our cult – the new Shrouded.

An Eye shall not speak ill of a god that anyone prays to, but embrace their faith and respect its habits and rituals.

An Eye is not to raise his hand against another Eye, or anyone for that matter. We acknowledge that violence is embedded in every sentient being, yet we do condemn the use of it within our ranks.

An Eye shall help where he can and tell the people about our faith if they wish to know.

An Eye shall never take part in a war.

An Eye shall never use its faith as an excuse to hurt others on any level or express dominance over them.

If any commands of the above are broken, the Eye in question will face punishment in the form of being expelled from the cult and its privileges. The Shrouded is the only one that can decide over the expulsion. He shall decide with mercy in his heart.

An Eye can freely choose to leave the cult for any reason.

//There is a section to leave comments, as well as a tab to contact Ro'cvellah personally.//

2. Skid

Skid God Incarnate Staff Member Community Monitor Diamond Donator

// Wrng replies //

that was a lot of words i didnt read it all could you give me a tl;dr?

3. NublarRex

NublarRex New Arrival

//User S.A.M.//

Another organic trying to cope with death, great...

4. Kappa

Kappa Robot Man Ex-Staff

// User LOL replies //

I'm immortal lol date me lol

5. TheRagnaRoek

TheRagnaRoek New Arrival

// Roc replies //

Everyone has a soul that seeks peace, everyone can believe what they want as long as they accept other people's faith, because all gods are part of the same Pantheon, we want to lead you to spiritual peace, unite the people in their different faiths and make them aware of our cult. Our cult itself consider themselves curators of religions and listens and embraces every religion and their traditions, as long as it does not include violence.

TL;DR:

Acknowledge all faiths, you have a soul, we want to unite people.

6. TheRagnaRoek

TheRagnaRoek New Arrival

// Roc replies //

I am in fact what could be considered a cyborg. After the Trial of Veils, my right arm and my spine were shattered, leaving me to die, but the Gods bestowed their gift upon me and replaced them, as well as my sight, as I was blinded in the course of the Trial.

7. Kudzzy

Kudzzy New Arrival

//User DrJekwind replies//

Memento Mori