The Cooper Siblings

Discussion in 'Character Information' started by Z3R0, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Z3R0

Z3R0 New Arrival

Yushiko Cooper

General Information

Name:
    Yushiko Cooper
    Date of Birth:3267
    Sexuality: Straight
    Theme Music:
    Personality:
    Naïve and relaxed most of the time, but quick to anger.
    Phobias: Losing her sister, thunder, being alone.
    Likes: Her sister, listening to music, playing video games, watching movies, visiting bars and nightclubs
    Dislikes: Senseless violence, people who hurt her sister, senseless anger and bigotry

Physical Appearance

Physical Description: Young Hylotl female, barely 21. Wears a pink flower in her "hair", and usually wears a pink shirt with shorts.
    Tech and Augments used: A set of mechanical wings forged by and gifted to her late father. While they can't fly per say, they act as a jump assist and can glide for short amounts of time. The effectiveness of the wings depends on the weight of the user, and the gravity of the planet it's used on.
    Height: 5'5
    Species: Hylotl

Backstory and More

On-going Story: TBA
    Backstory: Yushiko and Sayuri never knew their real parents. Growing up on a backwater space colony, they spent most of their lives surrounded and exposed to human culture. When the two siblings reached the ages of 18 and 23, however, tragedy struck.
    The pilots of the colony didn't realize they were drifting into an asteroid field until it was too late. It wasn't predicted on the news, and nobody on the colony saw it coming. Regardless, when Mother Nature decides to unleash her fury, she unleashes it with a burning passion. As the station was bombarded by meteors, panic set in. Families rushed to the escape pod bay, with many perishing in the commotion. Eventually, only Yushiko and a couple other families made it to the escape pods. When they arrived, however, the family came across another problem. The escape pod they had chosen could only fit two people, and there were four of them. With all the other escape pods taken, the sibling's parents did the unthinkable. They shoved the two Hylotl inside, slamming the door and launching them out into space despite their protests. In the end, only two other escape pods made it out of the asteroid field. The rest either slammed into meteors, or collided with each other in the chaos. The station they had come to know was no more, reduced to a field of space debris, the only parts intact rendered half-destroyed and inhospitable. As the pod floated further and further away from the asteroid field and the destroyed station that lay within, the only thing the siblings could do is watch as their family, their loved ones, and everything they'd come to know was gone, destroyed in a chain reaction bigger than either of them could've predicted....

Reference Images
    Yushikonormal.jpg \

Relations:

Family:
    Sayuri Cooper: You're the only family I have left. You've always been there to look out for me when I need it. We've shared laughs and tears together. I do not know where I'd be wit
    Best friends:
    Lithui: I always enjoy our little talks. You're one of the sweetest people I've ever met. I'm sorry that life has been treating you badly as of late. If you need anyone to talk to, just know that I'll always be there for you.
    Morgan Snip: If it weren't for you, I'd still be homeless and jobless. I wish I could do something to repay for you kindness, but I don't know what.
    Fnubbly: I really appreciate you making the gun for me. If you're still interesting in opening that gun shop, I'll be happy to promote it. I wish you luck in any future endeavors.
    Hugh: It's not always that I meet a genuinely kind soul. Saving people's lives takes a lot of practice, effort, and courage, which is why I respect you that much more.

Friends:
    Karin: You're a bit odd, but you're real nice. I enjoyed our conversation we had back at Club Solus. If you ever want to hang out, hit me up.
    Robin Flynn: I'm sorry if I judged you a bit harshly earlier on. You seem like a nice person deep down. Just try to control your emotions more.

Neutral:
    Senna: A nice person, if not a bit odd. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    Raelyn: It's always to find someone with the same interests as me. I hope we get to work more together in the future.
    Asel Park: You're nice enough, I guess? Haven't really gotten the chance to talk to you personally.

Disliked/afraid:
    Frosthand: If your intention is to prove me wrong about you, then it's failing horribly. If anything, your behavior last night proved what my suspicions I had about you when we met back in Falahal. You're a brash, racist dipshit, and the only reason I've gone easy on you is because you're my boss's friend. Be warned, though. You try to pull something like what you did to that Floran on me, and I will not hesitate to cut you down on the spot.
    The people who serve Crab Cakes without Crab: You have dishonored seafood. You have dishonored your lineage. You have dishonored your race. May you burn eternally in the seventh circle of hell.

Paulie: Typical Nexus tough guy; all bark, no bite. I don't give a damn whether you were angry, stressed, or are just an asshole; there was no excuse for the hostility and immaturity you displayed during our conversation. Swallow your pride, grow up, and stop acting like such a massive dickhead. You'll be much happier that way, trust me.

Sayuri Cooper

General Information

Name:
    Sayuri Cooper
    Date of Birth: 3262
    Sexuality: Straight
    Theme Music:
    Personality: Brash, snobby, and reckless, but deep down a caring person who genuinely loves her sister.
    Phobias: Losing her sister, feeling irrelevant, people disliking her.
    Likes: Her sister, skydiving, visiting new places, general thrillseeking, going on adventures
    Dislikes: While she doesn't dislike them per say, she isn't very trusting of authority figures. Aside from this, Sayuri also doesn't enjoy reading, and hates poetry. She also has a low opinion of the traditionalist members of her species, especially the Axolotl Empire.

Physical Appearance

Physical Description: Young female Hylotl, mid-20s. Has long hair that flows past her shoulders, and wears a traditional Hylotl outfit most of the time, despite her dislike of the traditional kind.
    Tech and Augments used: A cybernetic arm, covered up to make it look real.
    Species: Hylotl

Backstory and More

On-going Story: TBA
    Backstory: After the tragedy that was their home colony, Sayuri tried her best to care for both her and her sister. With dwindling supplies and oxygen, it was pretty obvious that the twins weren't going to make it unless they ditched the escape pod. To that end, Sayuri spent most of her time when she wasn't caring for Yushiko flipping between channels, sending out distress signal after distress signal, in hopes that someone would find them. However, there was no such luck, and eventually the twins resigned themselves to a cold, lonely death floating through the vacuum of space. However, just when that was about to be the case, someone finally picked up. Offering them food and shelter, the siblings were quick to reply. At first, the Novakid group who rescued them seemed nice enough, allowing them to stay in their ship and eat at their leisure. However, eventually their would-be saviors showed their true colors. Days turned into weeks, which in turn turned into months, and Yushiko and Sayuri still weren't told anything about what was going on. Eventually, the siblings began to suspect something was up. When they tried signaling for help, however, the group who "rescued" them were quick to react. They locked down the teleporters, and disabled the comms, keeping them from sending out a distress signal. The "rescuers" didn't stop there. They dragged Yushiko and Sayuri away, chaining them both to their beds and locking the doors. For 3 years, they were stuck there, held captive in a ship piloted a band of criminals. 3 years after their initial capture, however, the sibling's luck changed. Sayuri had managed to find a way to communicate with her sister, by knocking against the wall, using a system of rhythmic knocks in order to talk back and forth. When the ship was raided by the authorities who were tipped off about what was going on, the siblings made their move. When two of their captors came to finish them, that was when Sayuri struck. The moment her captor leaned down, she kicked him in the brand, causing him to drop the knife. Sayuri took the opportunity to grab it with between her teeth, swinging her head sideways so the knife hit the stunned Novakid in the side of the neck. As he bled out, some of the plasma leaked on to the chains binding her, melting through the metal and allowing Sayuri to break free. Sayuri took the dying Novakid's revolver, before moving to Yushiko's room, where she shot the Novakid about to kill her sister in the back of the head. The bullet pierced his brand, killing him instantly and creating an explosion that destroyed a large part of the room, but injured Sayuri. Despite her wounds, she was able to free her sister, and call for help. In the end, the remaining Novakids were arrested, and Sayuri and Yushiko were rescued, and were taken to a hospital where Sayuri had her wounds treated, and her arm replaced with a cybernetic one. After 3 long years, the Cooper siblings were finally free.

Reference Images

sayuri2.PNG

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
    Quazwerty456 and Moon Moth like this.
  2. Z3R0

Z3R0 New Arrival

Update 0.01:
    - Added a relationships section
    - Added Lithui, Sayuri, Robin Flynn, Morgan Snip, Fnubbly, Frosthand, Hugh, Karin, Senna, Raelyn, and Asel Park

Quazwerty456 and DieEuleFranz like this.
  3. Z3R0

Z3R0 New Arrival

Updated 0.02
    Woo, this was quick!!
    - Update relationships.
    - Added people who serve crab cakes without crab.

Quazwerty456 likes this.
  4. Z3R0

Z3R0 New Arrival

Update 0.03
    - Updated relationships
    - Added Paulie