The Archons

Discussion in 'Approved' started by Jestephos, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Jestephos

Jestephos Galactic Commoner Diamond Donator

( Note: I'd love for Stage 2 to be graded in private, this race is supposed to be mysterious and most of the info about them is unknown,hence large portions of their society and tech not being in here. )

The Archons

-Ancient Survivors of an Age long past-

Long before the conflict of the Fringe, before humanity took its first steps into the stars and even before they rose out of the murky swamps of Earth, there stood a race untouched by time, untouched by the politics and fragmentation most sapient species suffer from. They emerged several hundred million years ago, out of the muck, their biological forms being simple bacteria. This bacteria had potential, powerful psionic potential, that allowed them to communicate with their brethren. The more and more they communicated, the more intelligent, more whole they would become. This gestalt being would be the first of many, and as dozens more became enlightened, they felt a calling. They were drawn into the deep places of their world. they were drawn to familiar purple crystal , their bodies filling it, feeding off of the radiation produced, it was symbiosis.

This perfect union, the bacteria giving them their mind, the crystal their form. Though something was missing; Purpose. These minds could not fathom their own existence, their meaning in this universe, and they despaired. For years they wandered together, finding solace in this connection to one another, until they experienced a vision. What they experienced is unknown to any other race, but it filled them with purpose. They spread to the stars, devouring life as fuel for their vision, creating vast cities, an empire, but it was not to be eternal.

A great calamity destroyed this empire, sweeping over it like a vast shadow, destroying world upon world until only a few hundred remained. In an act of desperation, they froze themselves in stasis, sealing their cities away for eons, knowing the greatest enemy of all was time; A price they were happy to pay. Now, as their stasis fields fail, they awaken into a new galaxy, full of strife, chaotic. Stripped of their power, helpless in the swirling chaos of a new eon, their purpose shifts and changes, incorporating new variables, adapting to a galaxy that has moved on without them.

Co-Signers:

Skid​

Yongzhi​

Kaio​

2. Khaos

Khaos Purple Man Impervium Donator

Hello @Jestephos !​
    The last survivors of an ancient, magnificent empire. A species that had simple lives and a simple purpose, with time cut short before they could see through their vision. Not only that, but they have a very unique biology that sets them apart from the common mold. I am very interested to see the direction this species is going, as it is not a concept I have seen in use in the GC universe before. I hope to see the expanded information in the second phase as well.​
    From the powers within me, I bestow this app a pass to the second stage!​

3. Jestephos

Jestephos Galactic Commoner Diamond Donator

Second Stage has been sent privately to @Khaos for grading.

4. Khaos

Khaos Purple Man Impervium Donator

After viewing the private Stage 2 of the app and thorough discussion, this species application has been approved!​