Tools The A.I.D.

Discussion in 'Approved' started by Khaos, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Khaos

Khaos Purple Man Impervium Donator

Originally posted by Micronuke222

name of tech:  Arachno Industrial Device robo-pack

Description: a wearable, remote-controlled robotic pack with four arms, each one with a different gadget on the end, a buzzsaw on one, a wrench-like device on the second, a laser-welder on the third, and a magnetised rivet driver on the fourth, the pack is normally worn on the users back, and the entire thing is either controlled by a headset that picks up brainwaves from the user and transmits them to the pack, or a wrist mounted device with a laser pointer, tap the tool you want, highlight the area with the laser, job done

History of tech: the pack was designed, by Safiya, over the course of a week, with each part being sourced and haggled for

intended use: the actual function for it was to help reduce construction time for every project Safiya decided to pursue

strengths

+buzzsaw can easily slice metal into smaller strips

+welder can cut and weld locks on doors or boxes

+wrench is used for screwing in nuts and bolts

+rivet driver acts as a weak weapon as well

weaknesses

-buzzsaw can easily slice off hands and fingers, of the user

-welder can cause severe burns

-wrench can... make skin raw

-rivet driver cant pierce bone or metal at all

how do i believe this will benefit roleplaying?: i think this could add some sort of non-lethal benefit in most events that involve survival, since well, you can cobble together basic weaponry more easily and cut locks off that would normally slow down the group.

-controls arent exactly that accurate with the headset as you have to concentrate really hard to work all four at once, therefore, causing a headache, and its a bit dangerous with the wristset, as you have to put your hand up close in order to get an accurate result

Attainability: Open

tags: [industrial]