Share your unused character concepts!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cloudydays, Aug 13, 2019.

?

What should I make for dinner today

1. Tacos

27.3%
  2. Nachos

36.4%
  3. Beans

36.4%
  1. Cloudydays

Cloudydays New Arrival

Have you ever had an idea for a character that you either never got around to putting on paper, or simply never got to use as they wouldn't mesh well with the current roleplay environment? If so, feel free to share some of such ideas. I'll start.

Back on solstice, I had a character I had intended on running during the period in which Duskwood was the go-to hub. For the uninformed, Duskwood was a run-down rustic town situated in a frozen mesh of both nature and the ruins of a former civilization. One area that dominated this hub was a large section of ruined road with a number of wrecked cars lining it. While fun to look at, it didn't see much action in terms of roleplay, and as such I sought to remedy that.
    [​IMG]

Glitch have always been a favorite of mine to work with, given my somewhat unhealthy obsession with the middle ages, and so to take a unique spin on my typical knight characters, I created Sir Tibald, a knight who would patrol the ruined road and challenge passerby to a joust from atop his motorcycle. I had his personality planned out, his sprites ready, and was about to start with them until the hub was pulled from the server for reasons not worth disclosing in this. Alas, the next main hub would, much like most hubs, not feature roads in any form, preferring more of a cramped aesthetic to the spacious approach that Duskwood had taken. As such, Sir Tibald has been shelved until the time in which a new road-focused hub shows it's face.

As previously stated, share your own characters!

PanKruk likes this.
  2. PanKruk

PanKruk I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. Gold Donator

Probably my biggest let-down in terms of project that I had was my Hylotl Shark Knight. I had the sprite, the backstory, and basically everything was ready but.. I can't really bring myself to play them. I got all that, but I seriously lack motivation or any other need to properly use them in a game. I've been on server as them twice, and none of those times were particularly long or anything; mostly ending in 10 or 15 minutes, if not less, of interaction.

It makes me big sad.

Silver "AgGa" Gallium likes this.
  3. Lange

Lange Guru of Knowledge Ex-Staff Impervium Donator

Mine was definitely Goldhardt. A medival-time glitch stuck in the ways of old that wielded a giant hammer and heavy as fuck Golden armor. I planned it as more of a CRP detriment than an advantage because while he looked stylish, he had the weight capacity of a fucking tank. Fully spirited and everything but I couldn’t really find a way to further his story. He’s dead, and now sits in the bottom of my character list as a reminder of what not to do.

Silver "AgGa" Gallium likes this.
  4. Pinkbat5

Pinkbat5 pocl v3.6.3 Staff Member Moderator Diamond Donator

Damn this is a good post topic.... I have a lot of unused/unfinished art but not a lot of unused characters. Or at least I thought so, until I looked into my character folder. Yikes.
    [​IMG] – USSS official of some kind that I very quickly realized I didn't give a shit about playing. Probably logged onto the server only once for the entirety of the faction's existence. It's a shame because I like how she looks a lot, and Apex don't get enough love as is.
    [​IMG] – Haven Guard that I played for awhile before CIRCLEEYE joined. His full name is Derek Dandleton, he was named after a meme posted in the Glasses Gang discord in like, 2017. He was also supposed to be a member of the Glasses Gang, so I'm just gonna say that means he died in the Corrav bombing.
    [​IMG] – I have no idea who the fuck this is.
    [​IMG] – I created this guy shortly after the app for Visitant Symbiosis was passed. I recoloured the robes and everything. He was supposed to be a walking advertisement for the procedure, and fused with a sapient Visitant that would have a personality of their own. But then Khaos just went and did the exact same thing only better in every way by making Adela, so.
    [​IMG] – I love this man.... I created him this year... Why haven't I played him.... He's the grand sorcerer... He deserves better than this......

Yz2 and PrivateNomad like this.
  5. PrivateNomad

PrivateNomad There goes my hero, watch him as he goes Ex-Staff Gold Donator Event Builder

had an idea for a skeleton with a spanish aesthetic, black and gold color scheme
    As a species the skeletons are obsessed with death and undeath; you have some species with cultures that are anti-cloning, and then you have the skeletons, who will happily raise the dead for any reason. There's been skeletons that have lived for centuries.
    Well, even immortals want to die sometimes. There was a place - the El Dorado of the Undercrypt, a golden tomb in Djarus where skeletons who wished to experience their Final Death went to die for good, never to be revived again.

Who else to take them there but their black and gold guide, the Charon to the Land of the Dead? The journey was treacherous, but it was the best possible place to have your Final Death be. To guide a wayward soul there was a spiritual journey in and of itself.

Yz2 likes this.