Rusty Geckos

Discussion in 'Approved' started by 9K, Sep 15, 2022.

1. 9K

9K Galactic Officer Staff Member Administrator

[​IMG]
    A Rusty Gecko. Do not touch.

Name:
    Rusty Gecko

Description: A small species of Gecko with a rusty orange-brown color native to the Human homeworld which has seen introduction to other worlds throughout the Galaxy where it is able to thrive. The Rusty Gecko also happens to be coated in a poison all over its skin that is not dissimilar to that of a Golden Poison Frog. After touching one, a sapient creature is likely to experience large amounts of pain, swelling and redness originating from the site of contact on top of other symptoms such as vomiting, rapid heart rate, sweating and high fever. Contact with a Rusty Gecko for more than 10 seconds will likely cause you to absorb a potentially fatal dose of the poison without medical intervention.

Tamability: Tamable, however this is a bad idea.

Where is it found?: Anywhere other Gecko species are able to thrive. Typically this means humid and hot climates with plenty of plantlife.

Rarity: Somewhat common.

Diet/Method of gaining nutrients and energy: They eat small insects and fruits. The poison is simply to discourage predators.

Products?: More Rusty Geckos. Pain and illness. Possibly death. Poison.

Reproduction: Sexual.

Size: Around 8 inches long at their maximum size. Probably more like 5 to 6 on average, from head to tail.

Weight: Like a fifth of a pound.

Lifespan: About 15 years.

Abilities: They're lizards that can eat bugs and plants pretty well, but also kill you completely by accident.

Flaws: They're dumb, and small, and weak. Prone to being stepped on accidentally.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2022
    zirconzz likes this.
  2. Yz2

Yz2 Galactic Enforcer Staff Member Community Monitor Gold Donator

Gonna drop a Pending. As it's pretty much just a gecko, almost everything is fine. Except for one part:

I think that's a bit much. Even something like a Golden Poison Dart Frog doesn't kill that fast (I think, just searched it up). And there's also the issue of the poison itself being harvested and used IC, if it's that intense. Could I request that be changed? Maybe something like how touching it for 10 seconds causes severe enough poisoning that one would eventually die without medical intervention, but they don't just keel over at the end of the timer.

3. 9K

That was the intention behind what I posted, I just didn't detail it enough. My bad there.

4. Yz2

Alrighty, just edit it with something about how handling it for 10 seconds causes a possibly lethal dose to get soaked up, and then lemme know when that's done!

5. 9K

Edited the quote you gave in the first post.

6. Yz2

Passed!