Question 9 Woes.

Discussion in 'Help Center' started by Mordael, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Mordael

Mordael New Arrival

Greetings! I am currently going through the rules, RP guidelines, etc. of the Server. I have been using the Entrance Exam to find things that I may have missed (as words tend to blur together for me -especially when reading a lot of Lore-). I've come across question 9 which talks about items your character has; and for the life of me, I cannot find any relevant articles regarding that specific topic.

2. Pinkbat5

Pinkbat5 pocl v3.6.7 Staff Member Administrator Diamond Donator

Check the IC use of drawables section in our rules.

3. Mordael

Mordael New Arrival

Apologies in advance if people think I am trying to be a pain, I am sincerely just trying to learn the rules. I read things in a very litteral manner, which often causes me issues when I am trying to read things, because other people will pick up on things "between the lines" whereas I do not.

"IC Use of Drawables

• Drawables for IC use should revolve around items that the character using the drawable would have IC.
    • Items and tech that alter your character IC (size, appearance, etc.) will need an application or prior approval in race apps.
    • Guns, vehicles and items of practical size and IC use are fine, so long as they are used for the appropriate IC reason. (Summoning a bazooka in the middle of a bar from your tuxedo is not okay anymore!)
    • Substance paraphernalia of questionable legality should only be active near RP locations if you are IC.
    • Tanks, UFOs, other vehicles (hovercrafts, cars, etc.) and large guns should ABSOLUTELY NOT be in use while you are IC unless you are actually physically using them for IC reasons (wars, getting from A to B, arriving at a location)!
    • Ridiculously large guns, items or any drawable of ENORMOUS size should NEVER be used IC.
    • Items that produce the majestic cat face effect should never be used IC."

Nowhere in there does it talk about items in your inventory page, it is only talking about items you are able to draw out/use in base Starbound, and which ones are and are not viable. The question is specifically asking if your character owns the items in your inventory page.

4. Markus Aleksandr

Markus Aleksandr The Liberated Bronze Donator

upload_2019-4-11_13-16-37.png

Hi Mordael.

To put it another way, suppose you decide to use a character you used on single-player, and have amassed a large amount of resources and other items.

Anything obtained or otherwise done 'in-game' is not reflective of in-character actions, as this community uses Starbound as a visual medium for roleplay as opposed to an actual game.

I'll rephrase the question, and the way you answer the following should reflect your answer for this quiz:

"If I mined erchius in singleplayer, then logged onto the Galaxy Citizen server, does that mean my character in the Galaxy Citizen setting now has erchius?"

That's the best way I can put it without outright answering the quiz for you (standard policy and procedure that I don't do that).

Best of luck!