Melee Armaments Plasma Injectors

Discussion in 'Approved' started by PrivateNomad, Sep 17, 2019.

1. PrivateNomad

PrivateNomad There goes my hero, watch him as he goes Staff Member Technician Gold Donator Event Builder

Name: Plasma Injector

Description: A plasma injector is a type of weapon similar to a spear or knife, only that the tip is pointed like a syringe needle would be, typically plasma tipped to allow easier penetration. The inside of the barrel is line with ferozium and the base contains a gas canister and a plasma ionizer, allowing one to spew plasma inside of something after they are stabbed. They can be mounted on things such as spear heads, mounted on wrists, and can even stab using pneumatics. It is similar to a wasp knife, though with a larger cavity.

Abilities:
    • Can inject hot plasma out its sharp tip, which can prove catastrophic to its target as it can spew all inside of it and melt it.
    • Can be mounted on a wrist or driven by pneumatic or linear actuator for thrusting into its target.
    • Can be plasma tipped for easier insertion, allowing it to be pushed deeper inside.
    Limitations:
    • A bit large and heavier than normal spears or knives, requiring multiple components such as a gas canister, battery, etc.
    • Cannot spew out plasma longer than six seconds, or else the ferozium lining might melt.
    How does it work: You penetrate someone with it, and then spew its plasma inside of them.

Flavor text: Its creation was inspired by the knife wasp, which injected a burst of CO2 into its target. These types of weapons are illegal in many places.

Referenced Technologies (Optional): None

Attainability: Open

Tags: [Military]

Category: Melee Armaments

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    Cheffy and Moon Moth like this.
  2. 9K

9K Galactic Officer Staff Member Administrator Diamond Donator

Reading this over really quick I don't see any glaring issues with it. My only question is about how many seconds of usage do you think the gas canisters themselves will last, on average? This is based on the assumption various capacities exist for them based on the tanks themselves and weapon types so I just want an average.

Also, does the plasma only come out of the tip? The reason I ask is because I'd be wondering what would happen if the weapon goes all the way through someone and out the other side, followed by the plasma being turned on. Would it not burn them? Does the tip of the weapon have to not go through fully?

3. PrivateNomad

PrivateNomad There goes my hero, watch him as he goes Staff Member Technician Gold Donator Event Builder

It could probably run for around two minutes.

It's unlikely to go completely through since its hollowed out, but if enough force was used (and it was long enough) it could be able to completely stab through something, in which case it'd just spew out the other end.

4. 9K

9K Galactic Officer Staff Member Administrator Diamond Donator

Alright, that'll be fine. I have no further questions and I'll give it its first pass.

5. Skid

Skid God Incarnate Staff Member Community Monitor Diamond Donator

Second pass.