//On Mediums and Mediation//

Discussion in 'Nexus Net' started by Teldrassil, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Teldrassil

Teldrassil Galactic Officer

//The original post has been taken down, now existing only in re-uploads to most likely obscure and a tad occult-y sites.//

On Mediums and Mediation

Hyperspace and Cuils

To understand mediation, you must first understand the concepts of Hyperspace and Cuil theory. Now, it is my understanding that these are all rather complex concepts that do not need to be explained in full, so for the sake of convenience I shall give a basic description of the relevant information (official papers will be linked at the bottom of this document if you so wish to read up on the topic yourself).

Now then, in simple terms: Hyperspace is another dimension that follows different laws to our own. Sometimes the barriers between Realspace and Hyperspace weaken and Hyperspace seeps into Realspace. The levels of ‘Hyperspace’ (anomaly) in an area is measured in Cuils.

Mediums

How does this fit into the phenomenon I have dubbed ‘mediation’? I shall explain that now. I believe that the people I have dubbed ‘mediums’ are tiny tears in the barriers between the two dimensions, allowing anomaly to flow through where it is then converted into an ‘in-between’ substance by the medium as a method of protecting themselves from this new barrage of chaos that they are subjected to. It is through the manipulation of this ‘in-between’ substance that they are able to perform the feats that they do. The substance being chaotic enough to accomplish this whilst orderly enough to be manipulated, a perfect balance between the two dimensions (hence the naming scheme). It is currently unclear on what it is exactly that causes this phenomenon, but from what limited information I have, it appears to be related to either cuil exposure and/or high-stress situations.

Categorisation of Abilities

Due to a limited sample size, it has been hard to catalogue a wide variety of abilities. Of the ones that I have catalogued, they all seem to fall into one of three categories (with some crossover here and there). Mental, Physical, or Detection. Mental abilities are those that relate to the mind. Documented Mental abilities are: emotional manipulation; thought-speech and control over hornets. Physical abilities are those that interact with the physical world. Documented Physical abilities are: movement of matter from afar, short-range teleportation, manipulation of biology, control of chemical reactions, creation of vibrations through breathing, creation of objects. Detection abilities are those that aid in observation of things. Documented Detection abilities are: enhanced hearing, detection of metal, detection of people.

When encountering a mediatory ability, please refer to the triangle below:

[​IMG]

Further Reading

//Here, Lorette has listed the prominent scientific papers regarding anomaly and hyperspace.//

Written by: Doctor Lorette E. Fernsby-Luo

Last edited: Jul 6, 2022