Nistorum

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Dorfus, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Dorfus

Dorfus Sword Fiend

[size=-2](here we go again)[/size]

Name: Nistorum

Description: Hardened space steel that has many uses. It's level of toughness is inbetween Durasteel and Impervium in the norm and without any changes it weighs around the same level as regular steel. It's resistance also varies with temperature: if the temperature is cold, it's gonna be less flexible, and viceversa if it's warmer. It doesn't vary with things such as any regular hot day on a city, but something more like standing in the middle of a lava/ice planet, or being shot by a freeze/cold ray or plasma many times, because if you shoot at a wall made of Nistorum many times (for example) you can end up heating it up and lowering it's toughness. It's resistance is also affected by temperature obviously.

Abilities:

-It's resistance in the norm is able to deflect bullets and ricochet them which in a sense can be either good or bad. It can also resist most melee attacks.

-If it gets colder it gets less flexible and more resistant, up to Impervium levels of tough, though it might difficult movement, obviously, and if it gets hot it gets more flexible and thus easier to move with. Resistance can also decrease with that.

-Especially resistant to kinetic attacks unless in freezing-cold state, where the material starts getting brittle.

-Thicker and lighter plates mean better and stronger builds along with less weight.

Limitations:

-Ricochetting, because obvious reasons.

-If it gets too cold it can start getting brittle, and if it gets too hot it starts getting less tough and more rubbery.

-Disadvantage against weapons made to cut through really hard metals.

-The metal becomes useless if you try to use with things such as melee weapons because it needs to be forged with thick and tough parts so it's      not gonna work much for swords and other sharp weapons unless you're a hammer freak or something.

-Nistorum bullets = not a good idea. They will most likely melt or explode in your face and hurt yourself more than you hurt your enemy upon  being shot.

-Not recommended to build buildings with it either because of how temperature affects it, unless it's used in Gaia World cities.

-Really expensive. /emoticons/ph34r.png/emoticons/ph34r@2x.png 2x" title=":ph34r:" width="20" />

-Not easily obtainable.

-It can cook or freeze anyone (especially organics) if used in a planet with extreme temperatures, due to it letting temperature easily pass through  it. Which means it should be recommended to use in an armor only as a layer of protection, with other layers below. 

-Energy weapons can damage it.

How does it work: Nistorum is a synthetic material forged through molecular unificated printing in artificially high gravity and density environmets, therefore only rich corporations and such will be able to use it. Even though it's particles are like those of a solid object, they can change positions relatively easily which is why temperatures affect them so much-- they can get into the material easily. As easily cold/heat can enter it can also easily exit, which is why it can also vary in terms of temperature faster than most materials. Nistorum that is attempted to be forged as a regular ingot will end up as a brick of hard metal, unusable for anything apart from building obviously.

Attainability:  Open

Category: Materials

Tags:  [Industrial]

2. WowGain

WowGain Bara King Staff Member Administrator Bronze Donator Event Builder

Alright, resuming grading on this one, Pass
    . Awaiting seconding. /profile/63-dorfus/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="63" href="/profile/63-dorfus/" id="ips_uid_249_3">@Dorfus 

3. Khaos

Khaos Purple Man Impervium Donator

Hi /profile/63-dorfus/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="63" href="/profile/63-dorfus/">@Dorfus, I will be second your app here. I have a few questions for you about this Nistorum.

First, you state that cold/heat easily passes through the metal. This would indicate that it could unintentionally freeze or cook anyone wearing armor of it in extreme environments without insulating layers underneath to prevent such a transfer of heat. This could be pointed out in limitations.

In addition, I do have a question. You state it can insulate things such as electricity and pulse waves. Did you mean to say it conducts electricity, or did you mean that it actually insulates electricity and pulse waves.

Keep in mind if you are meaning electromagnetic pulse waves, and radio waves, this is not really possible without a faraday cage.

Also, there is a bit of conflicting information. You state it can naturally be found, but also that it is a synthetic material. Synthetic materials cannot typically be found naturally, and are produced by combining other materials/chemicals in the manufacturing process.

This application is Pending

4. Dorfus

Dorfus Sword Fiend

1. Yeah, I'll add that in the limitations section. Then again, it does pass easily but it also means that it can cool off/warm back up rather fast.

2. Guess my science failed there. Unless there was a way of making the metal send certain waves, as if it was radioactive or something, because it has certain chemicals inside that would have to be used in order to forge the material, but these are like contained waves that are produced and attracted at the same time by the metal. If I'm just saying stupid fantasy shit then I'll just say it's unable of conducting electricity lol

3. That's because Dorfus is a retard and forgot to edit that part when he agreed with Woog that he would change that. Changed it.

5. Khaos

1. Of course.

2. No you're good, most metals conduct electricity, I think it was a simple mixup of conducting and insulating if I am not mistaken.

3. Alright, please make those edits now and then reply to this.

6. Dorfus

Dorfus Sword Fiend

Done /profile/32-khaos/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="32" href="/profile/32-khaos/">@Khaos

7. Khaos

"Insulating with things such as electricity or pulse waves."

You forgot one last bit here that we discussed. I believe you were aiming for it to conduct electricity, correct? 

That being said I do not understand what you are trying to do with pulse waves, in relation to this material.
     /profile/63-dorfus/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="63" href="/profile/63-dorfus/">@Dorfus

8. Dorfus

Dorfus Sword Fiend

Hm? That's edited though, I removed the "insulating with electricity" part

9. Khaos

I see, I suppose I refreshed too early, apologies. Again, what are you trying to say when it insulates against pulse waves? It's not specific. /profile/63-dorfus/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="63" href="/profile/63-dorfus/">@Dorfus

10. Dorfus

Dorfus Sword Fiend

I am saying that it can protect the user against things such as EMPs and other pulse wave things, unless EMPs are not like pulse waves

Also it can reduce the EMP's effect but not completely nullify it, if it's too OP... If it still is I can just say, like before, that the thing is just simply unable to conduct electricity

11. Khaos

There are already other materials and mechanisms that serve to protect electronics from EMPs. Resistances in this case should be more niche, rather than covering a broad range.

Scrap the EMP resistance and note that energy weapons can disfigure/damage it in limitations (to reflect how it behaves when exposed to extreme temperatures) and we're golden and good to go. /profile/63-dorfus/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="63" href="/profile/63-dorfus/">@Dorfus

12. Dorfus

Dorfus Sword Fiend

done (( and changed colors because extra charisma B) ))

13. Khaos

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]~ Approved ~
    [/font]