//Nemo's Adventure Log, Chapter 2//

Discussion in 'Diaries & Captain's Logs' started by Nemo, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Nemo

Nemo Leader of the Rat Crew Staff Member Community Monitor Diamond Donator

//Chapter 2 is published again by Nemo2.//

Chapter 2 - Much ado About Nothing

Fifth of September, 3282. 6:46 am.

"I picked up my sister, Rosa, at a bar while passing through a nearby system. Drunk, as usual. I did note that she couldn't hear the scratching in the vents. I assume it is due to her being inebriated, perhaps I should questions Amy about it."

Fifth of September, 3282. 9:08 am.

"Amy can't hear the scratching either. Quite odd indeed. I have done further investigation into the black prism I found. I cannot determine what it's made off. I had previously assumed it was of some volcanic glass, perhaps obsidian. It certainly looks similar to obsidian. It's quite hard, and nearly pitch black. It is quite shiny as well. However, this object, as I found out accidentally, is flammable. The fire spread over it's inky black surface as if it were coated in gasoline. I quickly extinguished, the fire, and the object seemed unharmed, as if it were never set ablaze. More notes will be made later."

Sixth of September, 3282. 7:06 pm.

"We had to stop and make repairs on a nearby planet, and we encountered a friendly tribe of Florans. They traded us some meat for some bits of metal, which seemed like a fair trade. We'll have enough food for a while now."

Seventh of September, 3282. 5:05 am.

"I was awoken by an odd night terror. I do not usually have dreams, however when I do they are often just dramatized memories. This dream broke the mold quite drastically. I found myself surrounded by tall black pillars. They were inscribed with strange writing and characters, similar to that which was on the prism I found. I moved closer, to touch one, but as I drew nearer I began to feel an overwhelming sense of dread. Yet, I continued to shuffle closer to it. Upon reaching it, I could hear the scratching once more. However I didn't think much of this, as noises in the real world work their way into the dream world quite often. Then, it happened. I heard the great flapping of dreadful wings and the caterwaul of a terrible, terrible beast soaring overhead.  I looked up to watch the dark shadow, and as I did the scratching noise from the waking world grew louder.  Growing too much for my mortal mind, I forced myself back from my dreaming state. I awoke in a sweat, breathing quickly. Hopefully this is the last of these strange occurrences."

//End//