nemo staff app (again)

Discussion in 'Approved' started by Nemo, Aug 26, 2022.

1. Nemo

Nemo Leader of the Rat Crew Staff Member Community Monitor Diamond Donator

Forum name: Nemo

Country/Timezone: EST (is bEST)

Why do you want to be Staff?: I just want to help out, really.

What skills can you bring to the staff team?:
    • Already familiar with the app system assuming it hasn't changed too much
    • Organized
    • Patient (I'd like to think so at least)
    • Extensive writing/event hosting experience
    • Knowledge of game systems (I can help with stuff like the UC and Prix with dice shit going on)
    • Unparalleled power
    • Long arm

What area(s) would you be most interested in helping assist with (if you have more than one preference, list in order of highest preference to lowest)?":
    1. Event writing/hosting
    2. App grading
    3. Lore writing (psionics included)
    4. Things other people don't want to do
    5. Enforcement
    6. tech shit (dont trust me with machines)

Have you had prior experience moderating/staffing an online community?:
    1. Eden Fall, briefly
    2. Galaxy Citizen Roleplay Dot Com

If so, where? What were your responsibilities?:
    1. On Eden Fall I was a head admin, I mostly did enforcement and some lore writing.
    2. On Galaxy Citizen Roleplay Dot Com, I mostly did app grading at first. I got hired to help with a massive backlog and went through a shitload of apps with Furret, I remember grading ~10 or so sitting in a Dairy Queen in Ocean City when I was supposed to be on vacation. Then I got promoted and I just sorta did whatever Nomad and Wowgain didn't want to do on top of prior duties. I did a LOT of enforcement work even though I didn't want to and I sucked at it.

As staff, it is crucial to be visible to the public; on the Forums, through the Discord, and on the Server. Though it is not mandatory to be on these three all the time, do you agree to be as active as possible through these means?: I'm basically always on Discord, and the Forums are real quiet so being active here is easy enough. I have trouble being active on server because Starbound demands my computer's full, undivided attention. Running anything else in the background results in crashes galore, and even then it's usually at Powerpoint levels of frames per second. I don't know why this happens. It's not a bad laptop, it has more processing power than Wowgain's old computer but he could run Starbound fine. This game is a befuddlement.

For better interaction with our users on the Galaxy Citizen Discord server and to take full part in any voice meetings we may have in the Staff Discord, it is recommended that you use a good microphone. Do you possess a microphone (If you do not have a microphone, it will NOT affect your chances for being on Staff)?: yah

What do you like about this community?: I like my friends here enough to spend ~8 years of my life here, so, y'know.

What areas would you like to receive help in should you become staff?: Learning some tech shit would be neat so I can be a little less inept.

What are your weaknesses?
    • I break machines by touching them, it's a blessing and a curse. I am not to be trusted with anything backend related.
    • Like anyone I have my own biases and there are people I am not fond of, but I know to ask for a second opinion when dealing with them before deciding on anything.
    • Lead, it kills me.

Galaxy Citizen Character name(s): Evelyn Chulainn, Matilda Dau, ten million NPCs in the CLB and CotU

ThatCabbage, TriReef and Yz2 like this.
  2. E. M. Sennett

E. M. Sennett President and Founder, E. M. Sennett Furs

Hey Staff Team, Can We Please Move This To The Completed Staff Applications Please?!

NOW!