melodana.nex/user/MERCURY

Discussion in 'Nexus Net' started by majo, Aug 9, 2020.

1. majo

majo Magical Girl Ex-Staff

[​IMG]

//A Melodana account pops up on the Nexus. It's an audio sharing site akin to SoundCloud, where independent and signed artists upload their music for people to listen to and download.//

[​IMG]
    MERCURY - 5.5k listeners
    HOME
    //He has six uploads. Five songs, and a recording of a performance.//

PLAYLISTS
    [what im listening to]
    COMMUNITY
    ABOUT
    call me mercury. im a boxer and musician.
    thank you to everyone making this possible. all this still feels really surreal. means a lot.

WowGain, Koda and Khaos like this.
  2. majo

//An album is uploaded.//

UNTITLED
    just some original stuff ive been working on. not really good at names or anything lol

TRACKLIST
    //You can find the songs here.//

1. melon honey
    2. arinelli
    3. lights flash
    4. no. 1 festival ballad
    5. running

//Each song is available for download for 1.50pxls, but can be listened to for free.//

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
    WowGain, Koda, TriReef and 1 other person like this.
  3. majo

//An audio recording is uploaded.//

WINSTONS PERFORMANCE
    thanks again to everyone who came out. special thanks to @JingleBells for hosting and @VALEA for coming to show your support. a couple fights broke out. id say it was a success lol.

AUDIO
    The audio starts with the sounds of a crowd flooding into the microphone, then broken by Mercury’s voice.

"Hey e'eryone, how ya doin' tonight?" The grin on his face is palpable in his voice as he continues after the crowd quiets. "Dun' worry, ya'll dun' gotta stop doin' whatcha doin'." He laughs a little, "Jus' thought I'd introduce m'self 'fore I start playin' my original stuff. Name's Mercury." The sounds of him pulling his guitar up over his head hit the microphone. He starts strumming the tune to Melon Honey as he speaks. "S'nice to see the turn out, I'm hopin' ya'll'll like m'songs."

He then plays Melon Honey. The recording is a bit rougher than his album version, but that’s to be expected. As he finishes out his first song, there’s cheers among the crowd, and at least one or two distinct voices louder than the rest. If someone had an acute enough ear, they’d probably be able to tell that it’s Vilidius Cal.

Sounding excited, Leon interjects between songs. “S'nice to see a crowd like this turn out fer lil' ol' me. 'Fore I boxed, back on my home planet, I used to play sets at bars like this all the time, n' didn' get no attention, I wanted to thank all ya'll fer bein' here." Another flattered laugh as he continues into Arinelli.

Arinelli is interrupted by sounds of a scuffle. He plays well despite it, but at the end Mercury is clearly heard saying, “Oy, the hell's goin' on o'er there?" at some distance from the mic. There’s a bit of silence and shuffling, and his voice is heard quietly at an even further distance. What he’s saying is a bit harder to make out now. He then moves back to the mic, laughing as he does, "Ya'll sure are summ'n." A bit more shuffling and commotion, "Careful o’er there."

There’s a notable cut in the audio here. Mercury is heard shuffling off the stage suddenly, and talking at an even further distance. Again, it’s hard to make out what he’s saying. This goes on for maybe three or four minutes. When he returns to the microphone, he gives a more nervous chuckle, "Aight, uh.. where was I?" He follows with an exasperated huff.

Lights Flash begins with little introduction, and is played over the slowly settling scuffle. His playing sounds a little stiff, probably just due to nerves, but as the crowd seems to calm and go back to cheering, he seems to warm up again.

After this song, he speaks to the crowd once more, “This’s m’las’ original song uh the bunch. S’dedicated to sum’one here tonigh’ n’ I’m hopin’ they’ll figger it out.” The cheeky tone in his voice is yet again palpable in his voice.

Last of his original songs is Running. It seems like a bit of a spiteful song to dedicate to someone in the room, but also pretty ballsy too. As he finishes out, it’s received with loud cheering, especially from Vilidius and the other feminine voice. He laughs again, seeming flattered at the calls for an encore from Vil. There are more distant sounds of a scuffle now, but it doesn’t get to the extent that it was before.

“S’las’ song was requested by Ms.Belle Parry. Wit’out ‘er I wouldn’uh been able to play here t’night, so this’s my thank you to her.” He then does his own rendition of Gamblin’ Man by the Noman Sisters Band. He adds his own flare and extends the end solo, but does his best to keep it close to the spirit of the original.

Yet again, he’s met with cheers, that he lets hang in the air for sometime. When he speaks again, he sounds a tad bit emotional, "Thank ya'll fer comin' out to my first performance! Means the world to me!" He backs away from the microphone again, laughing excitedly, before saying, “Now m'gunna get drunk," before the audio stops.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
    WowGain, Koda, TriReef and 1 other person like this.