Kilthorn's Large Lizards/Dragons

Discussion in 'Approved' started by syntheticdeity, Jul 11, 2017.

1. syntheticdeity

syntheticdeity boss Silver Donator

Name: Kilthorn's Giant/Large Lizard, or The Kilthorn Dragon

Description: The Giant Lizard has the shape of a Bearded Dragon, however it is much larger and has tough scales protruding like dull spikes, the scales angle back giving it a threatening look. They have claws which can be used to climb things easier.

Behaviour: These Lizards are often hostile, staying in their respective mountain caves until hungry, in which it leaves into the jungle, desert, or forest that is at the foot of the mountain they live in to hunt. When some unfortunate soul comes across their caves, they often make hissing and clicking noises to ward them off, if they don't leave the Lizard attacks, usually trying to bite and eat the poor soul that came across them.

Tamability: The Lizard's aren't easily tamed to the point of being able to take orders but they can be taught who to not attack, it is extremely rare to find someone who has tamed a Lizard to the point of being able to mount it. When it is able to be ridden, they are not easy to control often needing violent pulls of the reigns to make them turn or stop, if it can understand voice commands you will need to tell it a few times for it to listen.

Where is it found: The mountain caves on Kilthorn

Rarity: They are rare, but not too rare. You can find them dotting the occasional cave on Kilthorn, usually a 1/50 chance to find one in a cave.

Diet: They are carnivorous creatures, they eat pretty much anything they can chew, unless they learn it's poisonous

Products: Kilthorn Dragon Scales can be used in very heavy armor, material can be taken from them to cut down the weight.

Kilthorn Dragon Venom, some Kilthorn Dragons have poisonous fangs that produce a, well, venom that is very deadly, but these variants are extremely rare, placing any product with the venom in it at a very high price.

Reproduction:

They use sexual reproduction, they do so like any normal lizard.

Size: The Lizard/Dragon is about the size of a pickup truck at full size

Weight: Between 3,000 and 6,000 pounds, AKA enough to kill you by rolling over you.

Lifespan: 70-90 years.

Abilities: The Lizard/Dragon has little to no abilities, the short list will be below.

-Thick armor-like scales

-Long tail

-Venomous (Rarely)

-Strong

Flaws:

-Very Heavy

-Not very maneuverable

-Not Fast

-Cold-Blooded

-Slow Breeders

Other: They have a venomous variant which is also rarer then the Lizard itself, 1/1000 chance of finding a venomous lizard among a crowd of them.

2. Khaos

Khaos Purple Man Impervium Donator

Hello @GamerCharacter !​
    I have a question regarding these lizards. How durable are their scales/hide? From what I understand it is thick, therefore heavy.​
    ~ Pending ~​

3. syntheticdeity

Three to four inches thick.

4. Khaos

I would like to remind you I would like to know how durable the skin and scales are.
    In addition a White Rhinoceros, a similarly sized animal judging by the weights you provided, has skin that ranges from 1.5 to 5 cm in thickness. (5cm is just under 2 inches.)
    Keep in mind a skin with that thickness may be pretty heavy for an animal of that size, flexibility becomes an issue. But, like you stated they are not fast creatures. This is simply something that you may want to keep in mind for future reference. A skin of that thickness is quite a hindrance.
    ~ Pending ~​

5. syntheticdeity

I do, and every time I have mentioned an encounter with them, they are quite slow, as I describe their fastest movement as a slow bumble/waddle. But their tails would have a smaller thickness, and their bellies aren't quite as thick, and they have smaller scales.

6. Khaos

Alrighty then! Sorry for the delay, but with all of that explained, this receives a pass.​