Ki'a

Discussion in 'Character Information' started by MaskedHero, Aug 6, 2020.

1. MaskedHero

MaskedHero Galactic Prodige

Ki'a Reference.png General Information

First name: Ki'a
    Middle name(s): None
    Surname: None
    Date of birth: Sometime during 3266
    Race: Nas'Djinn
    Sexuality: Heterosexual
    Current residence: Renaize
    Relationship status: Single
    Social status: Low
    Financial standing: Low income and tight on money, but relatively stable

Traits of Voice

Accent (if any): None
    Language spoken: Ki'a speaks Common through a combination of listening, context clues, and self-taught children's classes taken from the Nexus.
    Other languages known: Nas'Beru thoughtspeech, although he has yet to master or even understand it.
    Style of speaking: Broken, Stammering Common, has a struggle with speaking words and does not know many of them. Of the words he does know, his speech tends to be erratic or primitive, but if allowed to take his time he can be understood by those who know him.
    Volume of voice: Low, usually holding a meek or feeble tone when speaking to strangers, if he chances to speak to them at all

Physical Appearance

Height: 5'4
    Weight: 94lbs (without tail. With tail is 112 pounds)
    Inner Eye color, Pupil: Neon red, with a faint bioluminescence to them.
    Outer Eye color, Sclera: Glossy, mirror reflective black
    Skin color: Shiny yellow scales as the base coloring of his body; small, smooth, and even like the scales of a snake. A half-circle patch over his lower tummy and extending down the underside of his tail is also now colored pale gold.
    Shape of face: Draconic in nature, holding an enlighten but short snout similar to a puppy or juvenile carnivore. His eyes are rather large and naturally wide looking, sitting above his snout and offset to the sides of his head slightly. The inside of his mouth holds rows of very sharp crocodile or lizard-like teeth, most noticeably of which are the very pronounced canine teeth given to him from his strange cases of Vampyrism. The top set of these large fangs jut out of the front corner of his mouth by just the tips.
    Distinguishing features: Four large soft spines on each side of his head, sweeping back. The topmost ones are twice the size of the others, functioning as ears being much more articulated than the smaller spines. Large, red-tipped gunmetal grey feathers decorate parts of his body, namely layering behind his head spines in a modest crest as well as in groups of three on both his forearms. Feathers also run down his spine and tail, starting at the base nape of his neck. A large snake-like tail in addition to a pair of membraned dragonic wings on his back, claw-tipped at the apex of the wing rib joint with scaled yellow ribs and deep purple membranes.
    Build of body: Ki'a holds a rather scrawny build of himself, being concerningly so in cases as his eating habits are not the best for a variety of factors. He is not very muscular; however his legs are much more noticeably toned than his arms.
    Complexion: His scales are peppered with small deformities and incision scars, concentrated mostly in his torso but extending to every part of his body.
    Posture: Nervous posture, shoulders tight most of the time.
    Tattoos: The numbers 0-1-3 on the back of his neck.
    Piercings: No traditional piercings, instead the most visible of the kind are stainless steel ports on the underside of his left wrist. They are closed off by a valve leading into the wrist, outwardly appearing only as three small silver circles in a triangular formation.
    Typical clothing: Typically, Ki'a is seen in a white graphic t-shirt with a simple drawing of a blue and green earth-like planet on the chest. His pants are repurposed hardy but thin white medical fatigue pants that he has typically rolled the legs up into being shorts above his knees. A puffy synthetic material black winter coat is more commonly found tied by the arms around his waist than actually worn, unless it is to hide his wings. Ki'a has a distaste for shoes, tending only to wear them for long walking stints or working, instead he is seen usually in just his bare claw-towed feet.
    Is seen by others as: His outward appearance to strangers is one of a timid posture, easily spooked and jittery. Crowds and public places have him lean forwards slightly to make a smaller profile, earspines adjusting to noises as wider eyes flick around. To people he is more comfortable with, his nature is more relaxed but still meek and timid, his voice held soft and polite at almost all occasions.

Personality

Likes: The lizard tends to enjoy quieter spots with few to no people, open areas with easy escapes or a cozy safe room. Ocean sounds, environments, and decoration attract Ki'a as well, causing him to spend a lot of time on the beaches of Rendera when allowed. He likes people speaking softly or earnestly back to him, allowing for an easier relaxing during stressful social interactions.
    Dislikes: Bright lights and white rooms, in addition to figures in labcoats. Sudden loud noises and arguments as well.
    Education: Self-Taught, meaning basically none except environmental learning and questions answered about the universe.
    Fears: Ki'a fears his own body more than anything else, tending to cover himself up or hide the flashier aspects of his mutations. Pictures and documentaries about biology or medical technology, and many types of medical equipment and tools also trigger fear in the lizard, causing him to become anxious and nervous around them. He fears being unable to move in his own body or speak or yell for help. Ki'a also has Claustrophobia.
    Personal goals: He tries to satisfy his natural curiosity when given the chances, but his personal goal is to try and pay back the kindness he was given, in order to make sure it was not "wasted on himself." He is trying to make himself appear more capable of things, being called young or immature scratching at everything else he's dealt with. At the background of his mind currently is trying to deal with the stress and trauma his mind has been scarred with, internalizing his emotions to try and (unsuccessfully) process them alone.
    General attitude: Jumpy and nervous, but earnest and kind.
    Religious values: None, but he prays to himself at nights to hope for better when there is bad around him.
    General intelligence: High instinctual intelligence when triggered, allowing Ki'a to make more animalistic decisions in times of stress or harm to his own body. Otherwise, his general knowledge is lacking immensely, but he is willing to learn.
    General sociability: Low, he finds meeting and talking to people he is not familiar with to be difficult. This is caused somewhat by the lack of social understanding of language and cues, but also due to his mental social awkwardness or skittish nature.

Health

Ki'a's body, being already Nas'Djinn, holds unstable genetics. This manifests in him appearing sickly often, further mutations having an effect on his already strained biology. The lizard tends to mutate from extreme genetic or biological stimulus, however the extent of this is unknown. One of these mutations has caused his blood and flesh to be tainted with a deep purple, the blood itself biohazardous to the touch. It causes numbness and chemical burn rashes on skin, staining fur.

Illnesses (if any): He is recovery from many treatments and surgeries, as well as pains from his constantly changing biology. Ki'a is also prone to upset stomachs, primarily caused by his eating habits but aided by his genetic changes.
    Allergies (if any): None, surprisingly.
    Sleeping habits: Bad, 6 hours of sleep usually, but he has now taken up to 5-4 hours from stress. On some days he's been known to simply oversleep.
    Energy level: Medium
    Eating habits: Mainly consisting of a bare minimum diet of two nutrient packets a day, bit he has been known to skip eating through forgetfulness, upset stomach, or anxiety.
    Memory: Normal if a bit forgetful, although he seems to remember peoples' appearances much easier than names.
    Any unhealthy habits: Ki'a tends to stare or watch people intently, looking away once they look back. His arms wrap around his stomach tightly when he is anxious, nervous, or out of his element.

Relationships

Sequoia-
    "...I'm really lucky t-to have met her, she's so nice... and just.. re-eally someone I needed to t-talk to right now."

Dox-
    "...I guess she's b-back? She's... d-different, so different, I don't kn-know how to talk to her anymore, but... the last time was nice? It's l-like we started all over..."

Enoch-
    "Old f-friend, so, he r-reminds me a lot of old times. Good p-person, with great parents."

Abdul-
    "He... He was the first good doctor. I... I can't e-explain all he's done, he's healed m-more than just my body it f-feels... I... I owe him so much."

Khiknos-
    "Khiknos i-is still one of the coolest. Don't s-see them around anymore but... always just a message away, like old times."

Belle-

"I l-love Belle, and I'm r-really sad with what happened to her. Haven't s-seen her in a while though, so... I hope she's doing good? Still an a-awesome human."

Arjun Kapur-
    "I... trust Arjun. He's smart, and... r-really he's sm-marter about all this magic stuff... so..."

Kera'tiv-
    "...I d-don't really know anything about them."

Diana-
    "She's always w-working, or... always f-feels like she's angry or stressed. I w-want to be positive around her, I think tha-at will help. She's d-done enough for me so.. I want to help her back."

Naru-
    "Thank you f-for... realizing? I... I dunno, I don't know i-if we can go back to h-how it was but... I'm happy b-being friends, I like having more... friends."

Eri-
    "I'm... w-worried for Eri. She ha-as... d-doubts and a loud m-mind like me... and she isn't h-happy with herself. I.. I want her to b-be ohkay, so... I'll do what I can."

Grik-
    "...Man i-it f-feels like I've known h-her for so long. I don't t-talk to her like I used to but... glad she's s-still around, at least a little."

Lithui-
    "She's just... always around, a-always just... a stable p-person, I could... use that. I'm v-very lucky to ha-ave that. She gives r-really big hugs...."

Dr. Fux-
    "...I owe you a lot, y-you uh... really p-put up with me for so long... I d-don't s-see that ending soon though with... all this. Sorry."

Hamid Hassan-
    "A cool d-doctor with a cool sword, just... r-really cool"

Zarta Hodunk-
    "She's... r-really big and st-trong, and c-came to rescue me which... I owe her so much f-for that. I wish there was m-more I could d-do back for her but... she doesn't... l-like to talk about that stuff, or a-at least that's... what it seems. I don't know."

Ry-
    "I...I think w-we are on o-ohkay thoughts? She's s-still neat, I just... n-need to figure her o-out again I suppose, which... I w-will happily do."

Cedric-
    "He's p-pretty neat from what I've s-seen, though that's... not all that much. He k-keeps Dox happy which is a-all I could ask for, I guess."

Gossa-
    "...Y-You really n-need to stop m-making bad choices... I'm just h-hoping you st-tay quiet as long as you can, please."

Ichiro-
    "...I'm... s-sorry. I don't know how t-to... make it up to you o-or every approach you now but... I... I am really sorry."

Rehi-

"...I... I f-feel like I... I don't want to answer this o-one actually.."

Ezekiel Wynn-
    "I can't... e-even being to go into wha-at.. is wrong with y-you. You t-toyed with li-ife.. you ma-ade... horrible things. I don't think you... c-can li-ive s-safely. You... you sca-are me so much.

Amir-
    "Visitants- They're... w-weird, but... I think that m-makes sense? Like, they m-make sense on... not... making sense. This one m-makes more sense than all the others I have m-met so far though."

Combat

Peaceful or violent: Pacifist, he prefers to run over fighting and prefers not to kill overall. However, if he is provoked to his instincts, the animalistic nature allows him to be brutal.
    Weapon (if applicable): Fingertip and toe tip claws, sharp teeth. Bite with cause him to inject a paralyzing poison; causing numbness, nausea, weakness, heart palpitations, pain, and redness around the bite wound, and eventually the inability to move.
    Style of fighting: Animalistic, no form.

Others

Current home: Renaize Settlement Quarters
    Favorite types of food: Box Mac'n'Cheese, Lollypops, Pancakes
    Favorite types of drink: Hot Chocolate, Eggnog, Ginger ale
    Hobbies/past times: Ki'a enjoys people watching to an extent, as well as reading and self-education.
    Guilty pleasures: Unknown
    Pet peeves: Bright lights, loud sudden noises, personal space encroachment
    Pets: An immortal fish
    Talents: Fast on his feet, good runner. He's dependable, often able to push past his fears in times of dire need. However much his self-care is... lacking, he's still rather responsible, working on-time and when needed and able to physically take care of himself. Mentally is another story.
    Favorite colors: Blue
    Favorite type of music: Lofi
    Reference
    Screenshot_20210217-083627_Gallery.jpg
    Lizzle.png

Last edited: Jun 24, 2023
  2. MaskedHero

Update:
    Added Lyssa and Lithui to friends list
    Added Immuno Weakened to Illness
    Changed favorite drink to Hot Chocolate
    Changed Siblings status

Skaethach and ThatCabbage like this.
  3. MaskedHero

Update:
    Added Dox, Rehi and Elena to friends list
    Added Surgery Recovery to Illness
    Added Residency to Renaize
    Added Occupation of Manual Laborer
    Having big fun with him so far

ThatCabbage, Exon and Moon Moth like this.
  4. MaskedHero

Update:
    Changed a whole lot of stuff to match everything that has been going on

ThatCabbage and Moon Moth like this.
  5. MaskedHero

Changed up some of his friendos

ThatCabbage likes this.
  6. MaskedHero

Spruced up the friend hierarchy and gave him LoFi music taste

ThatCabbage likes this.
  7. MaskedHero

Biiiiiiiiiig update, to make it more fully and meaty

ThatCabbage likes this.
  8. MaskedHero

Reworked his whole friend relationship thing to be like some of the cool others I've seen, DM me if I missed you or something I overlooked :))

ThatCabbage likes this.
  9. Skid

Skid God Incarnate Staff Member Community Monitor Diamond Donator

not afraid of testament means im not trying hard enough

Pinkbat5 and ThatCabbage like this.
  10. MaskedHero

Oh no

Pinkbat5 and ThatCabbage like this.
  11. MaskedHero

Heavy update, tweaking a whole lot of little things, his friend list, mental state, goals and desires, as well as clarifying his new body changes and age.

ThatCabbage likes this.
  12. MaskedHero

Quick Update:
    Edited Eri's relationship
    Edited and moved up Zarta's relationship

ThatCabbage likes this.
  13. MaskedHero

Big Update:
    Completely redid his relationships from his words, much of it is stuff he would struggle saying to anyone.
    Switched up some of the relationship placement as well

(If I forgot your character on his list with my monkey brain dm me)

ThatCabbage likes this.
  14. MaskedHero

Update!
    Added handmade reference sheet!!!!!!

ThatCabbage and DieEuleFranz like this.
  15. MaskedHero

Update
    Added Arjun
    Edited Rehi
    Edited Zarta
    Edited Lithui

ThatCabbage likes this.
  16. MaskedHero

Update
    Edited General information

ThatCabbage likes this.
  17. MaskedHero

Small Overhall

Updated his General Information (Age, Height, Weight)

Added a new section for friends, "Trusted"

Updated Relationships List-
    Zarta
    Arjun
    Ry
    Belle
    Rehi
    Naru
    Lithui
    Diana
    Eri

Added Relationships
    Kera'tive !
    Ezekiel Wynn

(lemme know if i am forgetting to add you to his friend list !)

18. MaskedHero

Quick Update

Updated and moved Zarta
    Updated Belle

ThatCabbage likes this.
  19. PrivateNomad

PrivateNomad There goes my hero, watch him as he goes Staff Member Technician Gold Donator Event Builder

20. MaskedHero

Update

Added Cedric and Heifol
    Updated Dox