//Journal Entry//

Discussion in 'Diaries & Captain's Logs' started by WowGain, Jun 27, 2017.

1. WowGain

WowGain Bara King Staff Member Administrator Bronze Donator Event Builder

//Originally posted 18 Jan 3283//

//A post would be made on a micronews website//

My home is gone. The MP's have taken over the city and the rioters are still fighting back when they can. Sometimes I can hear the sounds of explosions in distant city sectors. I fear the worst is coming, and if I don't make it, I'll at least see to it they can't silence me like they have the others.

It all started a few weeks ago, a bit before the market crashed. Just a snippet on the local radio news station. They talked about some "civil disobedience” in the slum districts of the town, least, that's how I remember it. It was happening because people there were afraid, afraid that the terrorists would be coming for us next, and afraid that no one would be around to protect us little folks. Guess they were right, in hindsight. After a day or two, people shut up about it though. Real sudden, almost overnight. Got quieted down nice and easy, and everyone just went about their day, not a whisper about anything.

It was a bit after that the economy fell out, seems like. Oddly enough, for the first day or two, if you were a stranger you wouldn'ta had a clue anything was the matter. People just, kept their heads down and almost ignored that none of us had jack squat in money anymore, or that we couldn't afford anything we used to. Hell, didn't even pique the chat around the water cooler. Suppose we've just been trained over time to ignore all those bad things, stuff like that's for the brass, not us common folk. Didn't stay like that forever, though. All started in the slums, seems like that's where most stuff starts. People started questioning the man up top when things weren't getting better right away like promised. Seems like it all fell apart after that.

They didn't like that, though. Once the disobedience stopped being disobedience and started being strife, things started getting heavy. Police swarmed up in the slums, and some walls got put up, shutting them off. Power must've gotten taken out not too long after that either, since it started being a big black spot in the night, not even a flicker of a tiny bulb over there. Lord, it all fell apart after that.

Gunshots. Those're the noises I started to hear in the night. That might not be real scary to the people who end up reading this, but for people who never saw guns outside of the movies, it was horrifying. Rioters started spreading to all the districts of the planet, even the system started getting bogged down with them. They'd fill the streets, wouldn't let anyone go to work. Hell, not like it matters anyways, paychecks had stop coming a while ago anyways. Wasn't long after that rolling blackouts were all over. Those unified power systems, "tesla electricity” they call it, all linked up between the planets and systems in our sector. Guess the workers at the plants called it quits, maybe they destroyed it like the people at the mints, who knows. All we knew was that things got real dark and cold.

Riots started lasting the whole day, seems like that's all people could be doing anymore. Sleeping, and rioting. It was getting too much for the sector's law enforcement to handle at the worst of it. Heard a few words about some of them even getting killed. Seems like right after that, they arrived.

Up in the skies. Ships of all sizes, they blanketed our cities. The USCM had rolled in at that point. Guess the Feds decided that it was getting to be too big of an issue for the Civil Police to handle anymore. Curfews started getting put in, and groups of people were banned from congregating in public. Water stopped coming out the taps, too. Things started getting real quiet after that. People didn't leave their homes much anymore, till yesterday, that was. I guess some planning had been going on, they'd organized another riot, got themselves some body armor and guns, too. That whole day was hell. All you could hear was screaming and yelling, gunshots and broken glass. It lasted hours, I stopped keeping track after the thirteenth hour spent hiding under my bed praying for it to stop. Today though. Dead quiet. Too quiet, even. Not much been going on, I don't think. Hope it stays like that.

Scratch that. Bout a half an hour ago I started hearing a rumbling in the distance. Tanks, maybe? I dunno. I peeked out my window, troops are a few blocks down the street, coming my way. I haven't seen the outside in days. If I don't make it out of this.. Lord, may you carry my message forward to ears that will listen. They can't silence us forever, I won't let them. We can't let them.

//END POST//

((Co-Written by Quwilly and WowGain))