HylotlArtsAndYoga.Nex

Discussion in 'Nexus Net' started by Pyro, Nov 5, 2023.

1. Pyro

Pyro New Arrival

//Upon loading the page, you are greeted to a wall of text written entirely in Hylotl in spite of the title and advertisements being in Galactic Common. Using Nexus Translate would take a rare few seconds to fully comprehend the page before displaying it back. The page itself is a painful bright white, with occasional images of calligraphy as decoration.\\

Introduction
    Hello, and welcome to Hylotl Arts and Yoga. This is a sanctuary for those who wish to learn and experience the tranquility that physical and mental discipline can offer. Services include training for Karate, Judo, Kenjutsu, and Yoga. Karate, Judo, and Kenjutsu are offered to the levels of Youth through Black Belt. Yoga is offered for all ages and levels of expertise, and sessions are tailored to allow all to take part.

Meet The Instructor
    upload_2023-11-5_12-18-9.png

//Pictured above is Makoto Seikara standing in his dojo. He is standing with his arms crossed in a silky black Kimono, his expression firm. The dojo itself is lined with floor mats, and sizable enough to comfortably teach at least a dozen normal-sized people. The swords pictured appear wholly decorative, and the chests to the left are slightly ajar and filled with training equipment. The entire environment is clean, and the lighting soft.\\

I am Master Makoto. I was born and raised in the Fringe in an independent Hylotl community situated on a jungle planet. I left my home world at the age of 21 with aspirations to teach martial arts and yoga to all who would accept my lessons, but it did not begin this way. For years I worked as a simple store clerk with teaching being my secondary job. Fortunately I saved enough to get a ship, and used it to start my dream as a full-time teacher. It has been twelve years since then, and I have been teaching at all levels. My only goal is to spread these arts to as many people as are willing to accept them, so that we may all learn to better coexist with ourselves and others in this universe.

//Displayed below are digitalized versions of Seikara's ID from his home planet, his qualifications and permits for teaching, and another picture of Seikara standing in his dojo. All paperwork is written in Hylotl, and Nexus Translate must be used to interpret them if you do not already know the language.\\

Scheduling & Lessons
    Due to strict scheduling, participants must be ready to begin upon arrival. If a student does not have a training uniform and belt, one will be lent and must be returned after the session.
    All lessons will take place aboard Makoto's ship, "The Trial". Teleporter codes will be provided an hour prior to the beginning of each lesson, and participants are free to come and go at any point during their allotted time.

//Below is a scheduling tool which displays available days and times for the various lessons offered. Only one topic is taught per day, with one day dedicated to karate, judo, kenjutsu, and yoga individually. The times and days are consistent each week. After a day and time is selected, a price is displayed and you are prompted for a method of electronic payment. An additional offer for a weekly pass is displayed, which is only sold on weekends and grants full access to one session of each class for the following week.\\
    Karate: 200 px
    Judo: 200 px
    Kenjutsu: 300 px
    Yoga: 100 px
    Weekly Pass: 500 px
    Private Lessons: 500 px

Reviews, Comments, Questions
    //This entire segment is exactly as the title describes. The reviews for this website are mostly positive, although a consistent theme in the low reviews points towards the instructor being impossible to satisfy and hard to communicate with. There are a few pictures among the reviews taken by volunteer photographers, parents, and students which show classes in session. A notable one among them is Seikara standing behind a youth class posed for a group photo with a neutral expression. Frequently asked questions include inquiries about scheduling, the specifics of the training regimens offered, and other miscellaneous curiosities.\\

((OOC NOTES
    Although specific names are used to detail martial arts and other practices, it should be noted that those names are only being used as placeholders to get an idea across as to what is being offered. Naturally all practices listed would be many hundreds of years old by this point and lesser known especially to non-humans, and potentially replaced with spacer near-equivalents.
    Additionally, specific times and days were avoided as to allow for flexibility and ambiguity.))

Last edited: Nov 5, 2023