Hub Suggestions!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lloyd, Nov 17, 2023.

1. Lloyd

Lloyd Daedalus Staff Member Administrator

Hey everyone,

I want to build, and since my old creative outlet through Atlas has been taken over by another few users, I want to turn to the community to concept shop and see if there is anything particularly interesting that people have wanted to see on the server.

I have a bunch of ideas myself, but everyone should have the opportunity to have something they'd like on the server, whether they can build well or not.

I'll leave a couple of my ideas below and you can share some of your own as replies:

• Planet Setenov
      • A hushed, and snowy world tucked away away from prying eyes in the Fringe. Once an expansive snowy wasteland, it has undergone a radical transformation. What was once a remote industrial fishing hamlet now thrives as a lively tourist hotspot. With the unearthing of deuterium deposits, various exploitative clades and corporation swiftly set up operations. Their presence on Setenov ignited an influx of tourists, adventurers, and entrepreneurs, all eager to experience a blooming industrial world- and get rich of course.
      • On a craggy overlook near the edge of what used to be the hamlet sat one of the main attractions of Setenovic nightlife, the Frostlight club. Made of reclaimed metal from fishing vessels not used since the discovery of the deuterium.
    • Space Station Vestige
      • The Vestige is a space station orbiting the orange dwarf star Solitude, along a minor transitory hyperlane. Constructed long ago for a since-lost purpose, it serves as a stop for many people moving around the Fringe. It's divided into The Market, bustling with interstellar trade; The Commons, a communal hub with a living botanical garden; and The Docks, alive with the comings and goings of spaceships. Nearby lies Rest, a barren planet rich in minerals, further drawing prospectors with allure as a frontier hub for adventurers, traders and vagrants.
    • The Archive
      • The Archive is a hidden underground settlement on a distant and hostile planet, evolved from an abandoned research outpost. Once dedicated to studying extremophilic life, it now shelters a community of outcasts and freedom-seekers. After pawning off the scientific data, the first pirate clades settled the facilities. The settlement is constructed of blasted caverns and tunnels, and structures are built inside and along every surface. In modern times, the place is an individualist's dream for death dealers and pleasure seekers within a few parsecs. While it doesn't show up on Civspace recognized maps, its name is whispered around the Fringe.

Pinkbat5 and Ryanatorx like this.
  2. PrivateNomad

PrivateNomad There goes my hero, watch him as he goes Staff Member Technician Gold Donator Event Builder

flesh pit national park

Pinkbat5 likes this.
  3. crumchy

crumchy pet food taster Silver Donator

the twin towers

Pinkbat5 and Ryanatorx like this.
  4. Pinkbat5

Pinkbat5 pocl v3.6.7 Staff Member Administrator Diamond Donator

Raft of scorched metal on a sea of lava (one of those volcanic worlds, specifically), mostly inhabited by glitch, novakid and other heat-tolerant races. Dim rooms lit by flickering candles and flowing lava, natives are dressed sparsely in spiky armour, pungent smell of sulfur throughout. Heat-vulnerable races don't die immediately upon visiting, but risk heat stroke if they don't wear protection. Everything is black, brown and orange. No overarching government, but there are several different factions (a novakid one, a glitch one, etc etc) that work together well enough to keep the whole thing afloat. It would be funny if the natives were surprisingly friendly.
    I still plan on doing it but that's not going to be for awhile.

I also wanted to do an Avian space station that uses all the avian temple items and blocks. Someone please do that, I love avians.

Oh, and I also had this idea for a single building-- a tower-- where each floor is themed after a different species, and uses all the blocks. It would have been an entertainment-focused building, with tables for gambling and an arcade and stuff. And of course, lots of bars.