Doctor Thila Seem

Discussion in 'Character Information' started by crumchy, Oct 29, 2021.

1. crumchy

crumchy pet food taster Silver Donator

First name: Thila

Middle name(s): "I have none."

Surname: Seem

Date of birth: November 11, ████

Race: "You can see me. I am a Naian."

Sexuality: Demisexual

Current residence: "Zidain-Five. It is the only home I know."

Relationship status: Taken happily.

Social status: Recognized doctor

Financial standing: “My pockets are full. They are not deep.”

Traits of Voice

Accent (if any): Nivasi

Language spoken: Common

Other languages known: Naian

Style of speaking: Weak

Volume of voice: Quiet

[​IMG]

A Nivasan Okiri, among other Naians Thila may look to be… Tall, yet generic. Three feet and eleven inches tall, with black fur, mousey ears and a long tail, a boyish and light build, there isn’t much interesting to see from Thila. Usually clad in a labcoat over overalls, she also isn’t particularly a fashionable individual. Still, her green eyes glance around with a pitiable air, and with bags underneath, and her depressing means of existence are apparent simply by how she looks.

[​IMG]

Personality

[ISFJ-T “The Defender”]

Thila, first and foremost, is a doctor. She is dedicated to helping people and preventing death and suffering, yet at the same time she is a detestable misanthrope. She would be of a jolly sort of folk, like the majority of Naians, were she not of the sort that felt that they were created not to fit in, perhaps by a higher power or simply by circumstantial chance. Emotionally distant and, comedically remarked as, “dead inside,” Thila is quite the opposite of a bastion of positive energy. Aloofly, she wears her own skin like a drooping, rotting pelt, and her attitude is not up to code for any kind of formal profession. While not one to lash out in anger and frustration, an aura of dreary helplessness and apathy surrounds Doctor Seem, so much so that it seems like they’ve always been that way, and that there is nothing more about her.

Sadness and hopelessness may seem to be Thila’s bread and butter, but her keen self couldn’t be flanderized and chalked up so simply. Thila is highly talented, though she would say otherwise, at a majority of biological sciences and medical practices. She is dextrous even when shaky, and, regardless of her weak will, she seldom makes technical mistakes. It is in the realm of emotion where she is truly bankrupt and incompetent.

It may come off, at first, that Thila despises humanity and all sapient life. She is wildly uncomfortable in conversations, in crowds, and generally among others. Occasionally, a hint of regret appears, even, when doing her work as a healer and doctor. Thila is truly a misanthropist and is greatly aware of the faults and dangers of sapient life, of which she is terrified. Thila’s bitter melancholy is underlined by a hefty sense of self-loathing. Thila despises herself, considers herself the lowest of the lowest beings one can be-- a sapient-- and even then considers herself something even lesser, subhuman, than a person. Genuinely convinced that she is among the worst people in the universe and simply floating in the winds of the universe’s whims, Thila is desperate to be proved wrong, and to show that she is in fact deserving of love and positivity.

[​IMG]

Health

█████████ (██ ███): ███████ █████

█████████ (██ ███): None

Sleeping habits: Sleeps often, yet not enough.

Energy level: Low. Thila generally seems like they’re rarely having a good time.

Eating habits: Naian

██████: █████████ ██████████

███ █████████ ██████: ███ ██ ████

[​IMG]

History

“Thila? Thila Seem? Is that you?” From across the dim undergrowth came a voice, in the elaborate song of the Naian language.

“I wish.” Those were the only words that could leave her mouth. She was Thila by name, by body, but could she truly be the same? Especially after so long.

“You-- you wish?” The voice stepped out of the darkness, revealing itself to be another Naian. An old friend to the old Thila, but now a stranger by the flowing sands of time and identity. “You’ve definitely changed, but to me you’ll always be the clumsy medicine-woman. The one who loves indiscriminately. To us you’ll always be that, actually.”

Her past came flowing back to her; a headache’s worth of tangling memories, weaving together an absolutely pitiful story. “That’s not me. I was never that.” Maybe on the outside, but within was a seed of darkness. A devious seed that was sowed and, now, has overtaken her. Merged with her and made her skin its slave. The wide-eyed flyer that was born and raised on Nivasa, who was raised by her dam to be loving, open minded, and kind was dead, along with her dam. And, when a hand reached out to escape from their grave, the dead stirred, the seed would bat it back down with a spade. And now, that very shovel was being brandished. Hunger panged in her belly. Her Naian appetite was not yet sated by her last meal.

She stepped forward, towards the figure, whose voice began to falter. “What do you mean? Are you a homunculus? A devil in disguise? Stay back!”

Without another word, she leaped towards the figure, digging her claws into the now-revealed buck’s fur and tearing it out as quickly as she could, leaning in and baring a set of monstrous, uncharacteristic of her species, teeth and bit down onto the front of his neck, pulling back to rip out his throat. Kicking and screaming, the buck would, eventually, fall silent, then limp, as Thila found her next meal. Too many questions he had asked and too much shame he’d drenched Thila in, she could hardly bear it. Hoisting the body up onto her shoulder with uncanny strength, she’d move on in her search for an exit from her hellhole home planet, where she never truly felt alive.

[​IMG]

Relationships

Morgan

“I am sorry you know me. Forever I am a morbid omen to you, and you will never see me the same again.”

Ry

“My secrets are hers. A calming presence.”

Zee ♥️

“All things I feel, I feel for you.”

Tilani

“Thinks and cares too much. Leave while you can. I am not the Thila you want to know.”

Yurei

“Kin of nature but not of nurture-- or lack thereof. Resourceful.”

Pierre

“Siblings in tragedy.”

Jax

“Talented and respectable. I wish you the best.”

Kera’tiv

“I only wonder how long I will be tolerated.”

The Spaceman

“Strangely, I miss you. We are the same.”

Combat

Peaceful or violent: “You would not want to know.”

Weapon (if applicable): Keeps packs of plasma injectors on her person

Style of fighting: Induce enough pain to incapacitate, then run.

Others

Favorite types of food: Naian

Favorite types of drink: Hard Naian fruit-imbued lemonade.

Hobbies/pastimes: Marbles, working out, and reading.

Guilty pleasures: ██ ███████ █████

Pet peeves: Mirrors and cameras being pointed at her.

Pets: A single, white Angora cat.

Quazwerty456, Ryanatorx and Pinkbat5 like this.
  2. Ryanatorx

Ryanatorx Galactic Officer Community Monitor Gold Donator

██ ███████ █████ :thatsrightbuddy:

crumchy likes this.