Medical Crisaria Sap

Discussion in 'Approved' started by Cheffy, Jan 15, 2022.

1. Cheffy

Cheffy La Creatura Bronze Donator

Name: Crisaria sap, Aberressence, Rainbow soup, Cancer juice, Tumor juice

Description: Aberressence is the sap of a Crisaria tree, and is often used by those aware of its properties in the creation of advanced and powerful metapharmaceuticals. Though there is an inherent risk in harvesting, touching, and using it, the risks are occasionally worth it. The sap has a pearlescent appearance, and seems to shift colors as it’s viewed. From black, to teal, to pink and purple.
    [​IMG]

Abilities:

Crisaria sap once diluted to a degree can be used in many advanced and powerful metapharmaceuticals due to its innate anomalous properties and its ability to bind with other reagents, greatly increasing their potency and minimizing the dangerous qualities of other ingredients- this also causes a chain reaction in the sap itself, nullifying its most deadly effects. Though the final products still often have harmful side effects due to the presence of the sap.

Consuming Crisaria sap causes mutations in the body- most are harmful, while others are not. Non-harmful mutations are often seen as discoloration of bones, blood, gums, sclera and other bodily fluids, as well as causing them to have faint bioluminesence.

Conditional Abilities (Optional):

It makes a helluva a good poison!

If someone manages to survive consuming the sap, which is nearly impossible, they have a greater chance for psionic awakening. (Note, you still have to get a psion app passed. And pass or fail you still have to survive. Good luck!)

Limitations:

Coming in contact with Crisaria sap causes Cuil Cancer to appear anywhere it touches, prolonged exposure (about thirty seconds) causing Cognizant Cuil Cancer.

Taking this will most likely fucking kill you from it coming in contact with your internal organs and digestive tract.

Consuming Crisaria sap will give you Cuil Overdose Syndrome, Sensory Overload, and Subdimensional Dissociation.

Can only be harvested from an older specimen of Crisaria tree- over a century old.

How does it work:

The sap is produced from a Crisaria tree that is at least a century in age, and it’s laced with high quantities of anomaly due to its incredible proximity to the vortice at the tree’s center all times which gives it its unique properties. In addition, the sap is a strong cuil emitter from this process, though this doesn’t have an effect upon anything it isn’t in contact with.

Flavor text:

The sap of Crisaria trees was first found by the same tribe of Florans who discovered said trees- quickly turning the consumption of it into a ritual. Those who survived were worthy, those who didn’t… food. Otherwise, it has found great use to the denizens of the Undercrypt in their potion making, and in the hands of La’Meic alchemists able to acquire some. It’s even theorized that the consumption of Crisaria sap can open pathways in the mind, allowing consumers to use abilities that could be deemed supernatural… That is just a theory however, and any who have attempted to prove it true, are found dead.

Referenced Technologies:

Attainability: Semi-Closed (The sap can only be acquired, shockingly, from Crisaria trees. Crazy right?)

Tags: [Industrial]

Category: Medical

Last edited: Feb 20, 2022
    MaskedHero and Khaos like this.
  2. Khaos

Khaos Purple Man Impervium Donator

First pass.

Cheffy likes this.
  3. Pinkbat5

Pinkbat5 pocl v3.6.7 Staff Member Moderator Diamond Donator

Pending...
    -What kind of harmful mutations does the sap cause?
    -What kind of reagents does it bind to?

Cheffy likes this.
  4. Cheffy

Aside from Cuil cancer, it can cause extensive bone growths- bone spines piercing out of the skin, or potentially into organs and arteries. Other mutations can be things like normal cancer, heavy discoloration and calcification of the skin, and can cause random tissue growth throughout a body. There is some variation on tissue growth depending on species, but in general they tend to be optical, marrow, soft muscle tissue, other organ tissue, and things like hair follicles, or in the case of other species their equivalent- tentacles, feathers, scales etc.

The other reagents that I can name off the top of my head (as they have apps and lore), are Starsugar, Fetor and Miasma. As well as multiple chemicals and reagents of a more normal variety, which I can't name currently- as, frankly, I'm not sure which real chemicals would work well with it without an extensive talk with someone more knowledgeable about chemistry.

5. Pinkbat5

hmmm mm yes very nice

Hmm.
    I'm going to pass this only on the condition that you make a new app for each metapharmaceutical that Crisaria sap is used to create. Kind of like how Nomad apped starsugar, and then apped a few potions that contain starsugar.
    My reasoning:
    1. When Crisaria sap is combined with another ingredient, it reacts with that ingredient and creates something new.
    2. The app states "the final products still often have harmful side effects due to the presence of the sap," but doesn't list what those side effects are. When apping a drug, you need to list what the side effects of usage are in the app itself for ease of RP, but I doubt the side effects are the exact same for every concoction that contains Crisaria sap in it.
    3. If this sap removes some of the negative effects of metapharmaceuticals, that has different balancing implications depending on what the metapharmaceutical is. It might be fine, it might make the metapharmaceutical super imbalanced, and it should be staff that decides which is the case, in a grading context.

Cheffy likes this.
  6. Cheffy

Certainly! I agree with you on every part of this- in fact I have an app waiting to post because it uses Crisaria sap- an app I will be editing to add more harmful side effects to before posting!

Pinkbat5 likes this.
  7. Pinkbat5

excellent! Pass!

Cheffy likes this.