"Country"

Discussion in 'Character Information' started by Daisuke1038, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Daisuke1038

Daisuke1038 New Arrival

Country.PNG

The strange looking Novakid tilts his head a little, conveying confusion as you ask about him. He sighs, seeing no harm in answering speaks up in a quiet and sickly sounding, "Well, howdy t'you too, stranger. Th'names Country. I'm part of no where particular, livin' on a particular planet all on my lonesome. Prefer it that way. Y'see, I'm not kin to joinin' up with nobody until my, well, Condition clears up."

He raises a hand, a black void outlined by blue flames, "My creation was.. corrupted on start-up. Bugged before I even had a chance."

He coughs a bit, taking out a flask from his belt and drinking its contents, "Heavy on the Iron, yet not enough t' kill. Decided t' take up on th' art of chemistry and medicine-makin'. Make medicines and th' like to hopefully be rid of my problem once and for all. It's been a couple centuries if I recall right."

You take note about how his clothes try to match with his skin. Black with Blue Accents with a black hat. Though as you're taking a look at him, he keeps talking, "But it ain't all bad. Still alive, making slow progress on this.. condition. If'nother 'Kid, however rare the occasion, gets this, I'm hopin' my research will be put to fixin' that 'Kid and savin' them a life of pain, trouble, and medicines."

He takes another swig from his flask. Perhaps that's his medicine? It would seem you are confirmed as he sits up straight, and speaks more fluidly, "This'n here is all that keeps me goin' and free of pain. Mix of all sorts of stuff I've found and am trying t' grow on my little farm back home."

You ask how he gets around, and he chuckles, motioning to the cane he has right beside him, "Well, I use this when the pain is startin' to wear down on me an' my medicine is runnin' low. Though when I'm feelin' as I do now, I can run as far as I need, and even use a wall to get a li'l higher, no ladder needed... You sure are a curious fella.."

As you look, you notice his brand is in the shape of a Small X, and instead of black as normally seen on others, his is white. He notices you looking, and he brings a hand towards his brand, "Yeah, I dunno why it's like that either."

After a few moments, it dawns on you. Seems you two have already shared a meal and he seems to be enjoying talking with you, but how does he survive in the middle of nowhere by himself? You ask, and he replies, "Cane's good t' hide a barrel. If'n I need to defend m'self, I can aim and shoot."

You two chat a while longer, and it seems the sun has started to set. Country looks out the window, and stands up, "Surprisingly, it's been fun talkin' with you. Hope we meet again sometime." He tips his hat, standing up, and walking out and away, cane in hand, flask in belt.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am gonna credit and thank the Admin who goes by "Consenticus" on the GC Discord. I asked him a few things and he helped me with the idea of being plagued with Iron so that I could more easily explain why he's inverted so.

Roren likes this.