// Corona Opening Speech \\

Discussion in 'Nexus Net' started by PrivateNomad, Jul 14, 2017.

1. PrivateNomad

PrivateNomad There goes my hero, watch him as he goes Staff Member Technician Gold Donator Event Builder

// A video is posted featuring a recap of the Corona Opening Party that happened yesterday, showing the voice and transcript of the speech that Sinji made during it. \\

[​IMG]

"First of all, may I say, thank you to everyone who has come here for this celebration, to all of you who have supported my, and my darling Eunice's, dream each step along the way. Not a single thing you see before you, here, or in Haven City's illustrious central district, could've been possible without your nigh infinite assistance and help, especially in those darkest moments, when it seemed as though everything was without hope. Your guiding light shone like the brightest of stars, and illuminated a clear path to our success.

What stands behind me represents so much more than the sum of my hopes and dreams. The Corona Mining Facility represents a collective dream, of all of Haven, and beyond. Behind me, sixty years ago, the last ember of industrialism was drowned in the district of Corrav, and since then, it has become one of the most impoverished places of the civilized Fringe. It's people have seen the decimation of their middle class as all the while the growing influence of cruel, brutal gangs has contributed to an outbreak of street crime.

Even more recently, three million innocent lives have been extinguished like a match in a cold wind, with countless others being displaced from their homes, forced to live in camps as a vile infection sweeps this district, thankfully being pushed back by the brave actions of modern-day heroes who will stop at nothing to see these lands given back to their people. Back in my home, in the slums of Kamdor, there was often disease, and this disease would take friends, family, and loved ones, but there was never the unity, the care among all social classes, groups, species, to come together and seek out a means to drive it out as there has been here on Haven. I have found a second home in this golden, glistening city, and even if it may be rough around the edges at times, I am glad to call it my home, and to have been able to contribute to it.

With this groundbreaking, I gladly commence the first industrial operations within the Corrav district in an entire sixty years. May this be the start of a great future for these lands, free of disease, free of poverty, free, of, the dark. And, with this strike, free to make their own destiny, in a land as bright as the coronas of our twin suns that sit overhead.”

2. Yz2

Yz2 Galactic Enforcer Staff Member Community Monitor Gold Donator

This didn’t age well.

.exe, ThatCabbage, WowGain and 6 others like this.
  3. Nemo

Nemo Leader of the Rat Crew Staff Member Community Monitor Diamond Donator

kung flu virus

.exe likes this.
  4. .exe

.exe Galactic Citizen Impervium Donator

corona virus speedrun 100%