// COMITIUM

Discussion in 'Nexus Net' started by Lloyd, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Lloyd

Lloyd Daedalus Staff Member Administrator

Comitium - Update 1

The winds of a dead storm rolled over the disheveled streets of Olympus, near where the Loyalists had made their base at the fall of the Federation. Light raindrops fell, creating the smallest of puddles in the gravel-dirt that most of the ground consisted of. The scene was desolate, these walls and paths had stood eerily silent since the forces of the new order of Atlas blitzed them months prior, removing the seeds of dissent and anarchy in their wake.

Insects were the only things that lived here now.

The skyline, ever changing in this world, had fallen even more. Weekly, the echoes of gargantuan explosions ripped through the hidden nooks of the city, reminding all that change- good or bad- was coming. Dust fell from the corpses of the buildings as the mortar crumbled and the rebar corroded. Every day here started and ended exactly as the last.

A single labor drone ambled its way across the unfavorable terrain, its mind no more active than the buildings. It’s precept was, simply, to stand. It did, broadcasting its location through its virtual mind, still none the wiser. Hundreds of miles above the drone, the chimeric space station that Atlas had left there hung in the void, the servers in this place carried the mind of the drone and the orders it was to receive after it had gotten into position. A single, medium-sized dropship disembarked from the station’s rack, falling toward the planet.

The drone’s optics flashed white, it bent down and picked up a half of a cracked brick, walking it over to a spot inside of a broken building, and setting it down. It did it again, and again.A few minutes had passed and it had produced a small pile of rubble. The silence that hung over the city was broken by a loud crack, as the dropship completed its travel through the atmosphere, it knew where the drone was. In a few minutes, the craft was upon the drone, touching down on the muggy soil. The back of the craft slid open, revealing palettes of marble brick and a number of copies made of that exact drone.

Pinkbat5, WowGain and LillithN like this.
  2. Lloyd

Comitium - Update 2

Folder:10173286/milpsnl/of/ss/twilkes

PERSONNEL: Tyrus Wilkes
    POSITION: Staff Sergeant
    Deployed: Olympus

/// FIELDLOG 001 - CALYPSO STATION - UNDERSTATION
    “Testing the new logging software. Hello world.”

/// FIELDLOG 002 - CALYPSO STATION - UNDERSTATION
    “I’m going to be deploying this logging system in my detachment, I just heard the news that we were going to start our takeback on Olympus. I volunteered the grouping so that I could hopefully keep my position.”

/// FIELDLOG 003 - CALYPSO STATION - TRAINING DECK
    “Training day, our commander retrofitted a few storage spaces with some VR equipment, according to them, we’re going to do rigorous virtual instruction to prepare for our physical deployment. Very Excited.”

/// FIELDLOG 004 - CALYPSO STATION - HAB MODULE
    “Payment sent back home.”

[ DATA EXPUNGED ]

/// FIELDLOG 037 - LAUNCHPOINT ADONIS - ALPHA
    “Second surface deployment coming soon, we saw combat three times today, it looks like General Markus wants to work us to the bone while we’re here. Why didn’t they train us for longer when they had the time?”

/// FIELDLOG 038 - OLYMPUS - UNKNOWN
    “I lost two men today, strategic building collapse. We couldn’t bury them.”

[ DATA EXPUNGED ]

/// FIELDLOG 096 - OLYMPUS - CENTRAL
    “I don’t know what I saw those drones building, but it looks big. We keep establishing perimeters even though we haven’t seen hostiles in months, today they sent down a few dropships of those things. They just starting putting bricks down. I have express orders from the CMC to not lose a single one of them. If they weren’t so roundabout with their orders, I might not question it so much.”

/// FIELDLOG 097 - OLYMPUS - CENTRAL
    “A week in, sitting and watching these fucking machines. This is definitely a building, pillars were erected around a raised area, I sent about half of my men back to Adonis, they should be coming back with a demo team, we’ve been told to take down these building ruins next to the operation. I presume that this thing is going to be big.”

3. Lloyd

Comitium - Update 3

Those ivory towers fracture the sky, rising above the old dirt and the skeletons of the past.

Those hordes teetering on life and death.

Those calls for past greatness.

We are coming home.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    Moon Moth and WowGain like this.
  4. Lloyd

Comitium - Finale

Our beautiful city. My family and I have watched the skyline fall and rise over the last few months. We lived in one of the tent-cities that this new Atlas established for us after... Well, destroying the inner city. We were herded out, most of us thought it would be the end until we saw where we would be kept. Maybe we had been too pessimistic. My daughter wasn’t on crawlspace-duty anymore and my wife didn’t work the line for the scouts. I never spent much time worrying about myself, my spot on the perimeter crew got us a nice spot in the fallen bank. It was like our town square, the vault being home to our commander. We managed to secure military gear from an abandoned Federal armory, after they left and thus, the New Federation was born. Now, I walk by where the rubble should’ve been. It’s a park now, slim white support beams holding banners of the new regime.

I remember when we first were put at odds with the other Olympians, it happened to a friend, one minute they were searching for fuel, and the next they were under fire. The attackers has fashioned themselves after the armor of the government that had vanished, evil cloaks flowing in the wind. Looking back at it, it was silly. An ivory tower stood there now.

As my family and I were loaded onto a transport with a few other families, the sight of the familiar streets, but unfamiliar buildings, brought back years of painful memories. We were the second to last family to be taken off the transport, presented with a tall building. According to a man in full war-plate, this was our new home. We had a grace period, but I would have to find work. I’m not sure about all of this, I hope it is all for the better.

After my family laid down to rest in their first beds since the fall, I looked out of our window, gazing across the expanding city that had been built again, and for the first time in as long as I can remember, I am not afraid of the lights in the sky.