Cedric Kaya

Discussion in 'Character Information' started by 9K, Jan 8, 2021.

1. 9K

9K Galactic Officer Staff Member Administrator

[​IMG]

General Information

First name: Cedric
    Middle name(s): "Lam"
    Surname: Kaya
    Date of birth: June 3rd, 3259
    Race: Hylotl
    Sexuality: Straight
    Current residence: A home carved out of a utility room in the Haven sewers underneath Corrav.
    Relationship status: Taken. But it's weird.
    Social status: Passerby.
    Financial standing: Lower-class.

Traits of Voice

Accent (if any): Hylotian, with a serpentine hiss not unlike a Floran.
    Language spoken: Common.
    Other languages known: Hylotl languages.
    Style of speaking: A rather easy-going, relaxed way of speaking, and an even-toned voice.
    Volume of voice: Inside voice.

Physical Appearance

Height: 6'2"
    Weight: About 220 lbs.
    Eye color: Bright yellow.
    Skin color: Murky green.
    Shape of face: Circular.
    Distinguishing features: Cedric seems quite lizard-like for a Hylotl. He has one tall frill that goes down his head, all the way to the back of his neck, and two other frills that are usually just about perfectly concealed when they're folded against his cheeks, but can be fanned out quickly. His eyes while bright and distinctive are also best suited for night vision. His right hand also has 3 prosthetic fingers, replacing his index, middle and ring fingers.
    Build of body: A thin but lean profile.
    Hair color: No hair.
    Hair style: No hair. Just his frills.
    Complexion: Kind of shiny, just due to being a slimy Hylotl.
    Posture: Laid-back.
    Tattoos: None.
    Piercings: None.
    Typical clothing: Wears a variety of outfits. Typically dresses light and doesn't hide much as far as weapons.
    Is seen by others as: Friendly. Relaxed. Flirty.

Personality

Likes: Metalworking, music, reading, dancing, seafood, learning new things to like, physical activity in general.
    Dislikes: Bright lights, intrusive government, people who take advantage of others.
    Education: Went to school. Quit most of the way through and was homeschooled for the rest.
    Fears: Losing friends, getting angry, doing something horrible by accident.
    Personal goals: Not much of any. Takes life day by day.
    General attitude: Talkative, but lax.
    Religious values: None, but practices AZeelism to help control his anger.
    General intelligence: Clever. Good in some fields, bad in others.
    General sociability: Extrovert.

Health

Illnesses (if any): None.
    Allergies (if any): None.
    Sleeping habits: 8+ hours.
    Energy level: Middle to high.
    Eating habits: Has a balanced diet.
    Memory: Good.
    Any unhealthy habits: Might occasionally experiment with less harmful drugs to keep anxiety in check and relax.

History

"Lam," short for a name that was always way too long for him to remember, pronounce or even spell, wasn't ever one to keep friends too long, much to his displeasure. He went through a lot of his life being mocked and seen as a freak by other Hylotl strictly due to his snake-like hiss and murky green skin. It had been rumored that as unbelievable and impossible as it is, that he was some kind of cross between a Hylotl and a Floran thanks to some sort of affair his father may have had with a Floran. Unfortunately this turned out to be true after the passing of his actual mother to illness during his childhood when his father did take a liking to a particular Floran, adding more fuel to the fire. Outside of his many siblings and family, he was pretty isolated up until even adulthood, and when tensions began to rise in Civspace again and much of his family waited it out in the Fringe to avoid the conflict, "Lam" opted to stay in Haven. And to change his name to Cedric.

Relationships & Family

Parents: Gada (father, police officer), Varnea (mother, also police officer. Deceased)
    Siblings: Too many to name.
    Any enemies (and why): Sort of.
    Children: None, and doesn't want any.
    People
    Sam: I'm glad we're sstill friends. Good luck out there.

Dox: Pretty cool. Finally got to sseeing her again. I wass worried she was dead or ssomethin'. Had a hell of a reunion though, for ssure. Sshould do that more often, minus the whole bein' gone for a year or sso part. Glad I could make her happy.

Xeres:
    Can't help but be glad you're out and about again now. You fucked ssome stuff up, but there're way worsse people out there. We ssee 'em every day. You at leasst always had a good heart.

Ari:
    Mosst open-minded friend I could have asked for. Among a few other thingss.

Robin:
    Used to like 'er. Not ssure what the hell her deal iss now though. Can't trust her after that display. She'ss probably goin' through some weird sshit though. Didn't even remember me when I ssaw her again.

Polyima:
    Hot. Alsso a good friend. Never thought I'd actually get to know her at all. She seemss stressed. Feel kinda bad. I wanna help. Think sshe needs it.

Zarta:
    A really good friend. Worth the trusst I put in her and more. Finally hass a place of her own, but the door'ss open. We became a lot closer than I thought we'd get honestly, and she'ss really fun to mess with. It'ss so fun watching her get all embarrassed! She'ss...really ssomethin' else.

Charlie: Worth it. Lots of fun.

Ki'a:
    Sstill need to go diving with the little yellow guy.

Diana: Hope 'ya die!

Kristina: Friend of Sam'ss a friend of mine.

Naru: Barely know 'em. Sseems cool though.

Ry Fael: Seemss a little naive. In a bit of a funk, it lookss like. Jusst needs a couple nudges in the right directionss.

Kaiko: Xeres keepss callin' him a funny little fella. Dunno what that'ss about, buuut he'ss right. Talked to him enough to know we'd probably get along jusst fine. He'ss...definitely sstruggling with his own sshit though. It'ss a shame. He'ss a cool little guy. Seemss to think Zarta'ss fun to mess with too.

Mir: Alright, just seemss...I dunno, like his head'ss empty. Alwayss.

Combat

Peaceful or violent: Will get extremely violent to protect himself or friends.
    Weapon (if applicable): Guns, but most notably carries with him what looks like a Sica. May sometimes use improvised weapons he made with scrap metal.
    Style of fighting: Hit hard and fast.

Others

Current home: Haven sewers, under Corrav. More frequently stays with Sam in Timmersby.
    Favorite types of food: Sweet and savory things.
    Favorite types of drink: Has taken a liking to mead lately. Usually drinks water or lemonade though.
    Hobbies/past times: Playing drums. Reading.
    Guilty pleasures: Likes breaking things sometimes.
    Pet peeves: People who are openly, overly judgemental. Bright, obnoxious color schemes.
    Pets: None.
    Talents: Welding. Smithing. Dancing. Drumming.
    Favorite colors: Blue. Olive green.
    Favorite type of music: Folk, rock, folk rock.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2022
    Khaos, Exon, ThatCabbage and 3 others like this.
  2. 9K

9K Galactic Officer Staff Member Administrator

Updated.

Exon and ThatCabbage like this.