//CASSETTE TAPES//

Discussion in 'Diaries & Captain's Logs' started by .exe, May 17, 2018.

1. .exe

.exe Galactic Citizen Impervium Donator

MAXEMILE CASSETTES™
    TITLE: From the Beginning.
    AUTHOR:

TAPE A

An audible sigh was heard before speaking into a dull yet comprehencable microphone. The tape sounded dated, as the other tapes will be.
    "I suppose I'll be documenting the things that happened, before and during, an explanation of everything. From the beginning of my childhood to the end of my life, as eerie as it sounds, maybe. Who knows what'll happen in the long run. When I was a young boy, I was born on a planet so peaceful and quiet, I was young, naive, and the family that guided me to stand where I am today. Beautiful lands of great imagination and the celestial beasts shine on the lands of Keidus three with great benevolence. As a young child, I loved playing in the snow of the early winter more than laying in the deep summers days while birds chirped and bugs sang to the wind. Cicadas chiming their voices of the day, frogs croaking in the midday and crickets surrogate the night sky. Beasts of the night were in hibernation during the winter, so I could fumble through the snow like Ullr themselves. I grew up as an only child, therefore, I was the only one who had my mother and father attended, Ólafur Björnsson and Freyja Björnsson. Every day, I listened to the hymns my mother sang when she stood at the coast of the crater ocean that we called 'Reaches End' in the common tongue in ours, written in ancient runes. The ocean was surrounded by a body of dense land, with creatures hunting, hiding, and scavenging."
    They sighed, pausing for a brief moment to begin once again.
    "Months later, there was a group of cultist spreading their beliefs, and forcing authority on us. There was an argument that sparked between my father and the cultists while he was splitting wood with an ax. To what they said, Ólafur had been killed out of self-defense, completely absurd, but he had never hurt a soul in his life unless he had to. There was no meaning of these people coming around and shooting him down like cattle, and lie about the events that happened. What a bunch of fucking nonsense, there was no need for any of this to happen. Anyways, I decided to take care of my mother at the time, up until those same cultists forced more and more people into a Monarch. At the time, there was no hope for peace anymore, now the Monarch would reign without anyone to stop them. My family was weak, striving to keep food on the table and life benevolent in our household. And for my fathers' funeral, well, I did all I could, and so did my Freyja."
    They continue to speak without any struggle, a confident and bold speech to get this tape done with.
    "At age sixteen, we were done, already been long enough until an actual rebellion began, and with great strength. The rebellion at the time was called ‘The Replicans’, and they fought for freedom and democracy, but the reason why I joined in the first place was a different story to their ideal. I sought out to avenge my father and the struggles we were bestowed upon by the Monarchs. Until the end, I would die to see my mother live in peace. Long years to come, war has sought its masses and long after, dreams and hopes are fulfilled. A bunch of buddies and I now tend to work on a town of our own, and soon, a place to actually call home."
    CHK-CHRK.

TAPE B

Silence.

CHK-CHRK.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  2. .exe

TITLE: My Career I'm rather fond of
    AUTHOR:

TAPE A

The same, subtle distorting sound into the audio, with a moment of silence before they began to speak.
    "The time I was on Keidus, I was enjoying the moment of clarity, and the victory we had won. I've come to a conclusion with myself, therefore I left my homeworld to do what best suits me. At first, I wasn't expecting to join Atlas, never really knew about them in the first place before I walked my first steps on Calypso. A more than a warm welcoming greet from Atlas, so I chose to serve under the Atlas Defense Force for my experience in war and leadership skills. I was talking with a man named Loo, a rather odd name but the director is nonetheless a kind individual, despite the shit they go through. It's rather relatable, in most ways; with Zinaida practically harassing them and ICIF not willing to let go of such reliability against the pirates. It's almost as if they are letting a child free to do what they are pleased to do, come back and get punished for doing so, only to do the same thing over and over again. I don't blame ICIF, such a young, naive woman should be taught a lesson about not gassing the Director of Atlas, Atlas being the ally to ICIF, I believe. Though, something tells me that the past few weeks have been quiet and discrete from other days, no sign of Zinaida over on comms, being the nexus and radio, along with no visual sight in other places I've been visiting. Either they are caught up with ICIF or possibly fucked off from existing on this side of the system, mentions of Zin being part of FSF, the one group that loitered around and planted explosives in the bathroom, but I digress. I've been rambling on a rather touchy subject to some and should remain back on track."
    An audible sigh chimes in, a bit of thinking in this moment as the pause grew larger. They soon speak up, raising their voice, slightly, to be more profound and clearer than before.
    "I talked to the Director about joining, a fair and mild conversation, asking questions about Atlas and such. Soon after, I had applied to Atlas and put down what I simply thought of being a compelling and an active unit in the ADF. With my leadership skills on hand and cohesive work with others, I hope to be a fitting role. I got to meet General Markus, and a good buddy of mine, Shawn Rhodes, which I had no idea was basically a previous High Atlas; Odd to see them under the disguise as an ADF. Though every passing day, I learn and hear from more members of Atlas, I get to know people from other places, and I don't regret any of this. It's the best decision I made, especially working for Atlas. And each day, I wonder whether or not this entails danger to my own life, I'm rather responsible the way I handle myself. I hope to see each day a wonderful day to live, and a joyful way to die."
    CHK-CHRK.
    TAPE B

Master of War by Bob Dylan starts playing in the audio.

After the song, there was silence, and even more silence as the other side of the tape ends.

CHK-CHRK.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  3. .exe

TITLE: Regrets (short ramble)
    AUTHOR:

TAPE A

The same distorted audio with another moment of silence before they began to speak. This time, his voice was rather relaxed and tired at the same time.
    "First, I regret smoking shitty cigarettes... it was something I needed though. I had a rough time, especially when I decided to give up on my homeworld. Telling my girl that she would never see me again is harsh and brutal but even then, I had been looked down upon by friends for doing so, I don't understand sometimes, maybe I shouldn't understand. My daughter and son should not know the man who I am, they are better off knowing I work for Atlas, someone who is more loyal to them. I need to smoke cigars, I was told they're better than cigarettes. I might end up trying them out and see what I think about them."
    There was an audible sigh that picked up.
    "I have so many things to sacrifice, so much that affects me personally. Nonetheless, it is easy to forget about everything, right? I lost family on Keidus, I might as well end all of my thoughts about such damned ideas, as it essentially suffocates me when I am working for Atlas. I don't regret the time that I spent with Ellivia or the people I once knew as my friends but I must move on, get rid of all of it by simply ignoring them- killing them all is my last resort and I hope it doesn't come to that... I hope, please."

CHK-CHRK.
    TAPE B
    "I regret making friends."

Silence ensues the tape before it was cut off by music.

Cuco - Lover is a Day
    M.O.O.N. - Dust (Sixfeet Remix)
    Tame Impala - The Less I Know The Better

After the songs, the tape ends.

CHK-CHRK.