Bonza

Discussion in 'Approved' started by zecon125, Aug 23, 2017.

1. zecon125

zecon125 Lizzer Staff Member Moderator Bronze Donator

Name: Bonza, Bouncers, Ball-Boys

Description: Bonza are typically 2 foot little balls of an odd gooey substance. This substance comes in all colors, making them extremely varied as such. With massive eyes attached to the front next to a cat-like mouth. They lack arms, legs, or any real limbs. Instead they get around by bouncing and rolling themselves. Occasionally one will come out that isn't fully round, and instead takes the form of a gooey pile that slips along. They are often decorated with accessories by their owners, such as cat ears, glasses, bow ties, eyebrows, etc.

[​IMG]
    (Above: Scribbles of several Bonza upon their initial discovery.)

Behavior: They are typically found in areas of moisture and relative darkness within groups of 20 or more. The largest recorded being a group of 600 Bonza in a single, massive cave. This is due to them huddling together for warmth. However open the sight of a sentient species(Apex, Human, Floran, etc), they will grow extremely attached and try to follow it around(Which was not pleasant for the man who found 600 of them). Beyond that they are extremely perceptive to the emotions of their owners, and will try to act in such a way as to compliment them(Such as snuggling up to a sad owner, or gasping along with a shocked one). Very little is known about how they act in the wild, as they will instantly attach to the first humanoid they see. This makes them great for pets.

Tamability: Extremely tamable. Just the sight of a humanoid is enough to make it grow attached and try to follow them.

Where is it found?: They can be found in swamps, moist caves, and other such wet areas.

Rarity: They are extremely common, being found in large group where they are present.

Diet: They typically prove omnivorous, eating just about anything even after it has gone bad. Typically they survive themselves off minor things like microbes, molds, and fungi while they're inactive.

Products?: The slime-like substance it is made of is extremely bouncy and good at containing warmth, as well as tasting similarly to jello. Otherwise their eternal friendship is the only thing they give.

Reproduction: A Bonza will eventually grow to about double its size, before sprouting off up to 6 copies of itself. Once the offspring split off from the original it is considered fully formed. The process takes less then a week.

Size: 2 feet by 2 feet, or 4 by 4 when they are preparing to reproduce.

Weight: They average about 30 pounds. This of course doubles to 60 while they are reproducing.

Lifespan: They are in some ways immortal, they will live until they can no longer supply themselves with energy.

Abilities: 
    - Extremely perceptive to emotion

- Bouncy
    - Their big eyes allow them to see virtually everything in front or to the side of them.

Flaws:
    - Can not feed themselves
    - Will attach to the first humanoid they see. Allowing it to be very easy to slaughter them.

Other: If passed this app will be completely open. Just PM me before you put them on a planet.

Pinkbat5 likes this.
  2. Khaos

Khaos Purple Man Impervium Donator

Hello @zecon125 !​
    Sorry for the wait, but in any case I'm going to give these little things a very light pending for two reasons.​
    One; I'm not very certain that warmth alone can sustain a creature, let alone promote growth. Perhaps feeding upon microbes, molds, fungi, etc within the damp and dark areas they naturally live in- as a suggestion.​
    And two, though this isn't necessarily needed for the pass and more of a suggestion; I see that they double mass when reproducing, but doubling in mass doesn't necessarily mean doubling in size. When they reach 60lbs, the proper mass for division, they may be smaller than 4ft by 4ft, and perhaps may be just under 3ft by 3ft. If they were to retain the 2x size (4x4 as you state), they'd be 8 times the mass (240 lbs) if they were a cube in shape, which mathematically results in 8 offspring. As they seem to be spherical however, this size may result in 5-6 instead. Just food for thought!​

3. zecon125

I've found myself liking both of your suggestions. I particularly like the idea of them producing 5-6 offspring instead of just one, as it compliments the theme of the creature very well. I suppose you'd want me to modify the application to reflect this?

4. Khaos

Yes, go ahead and edit the application to reflect this and I'll have a look. Ping me when you do so.

5. zecon125

Edited.

6. Khaos

After looking it over once more, I will be giving the Bonza a pass.
    Now give the little slimy thing a hug.