AX-Droid Alpha Model

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Arxfiend, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Arxfiend

Arxfiend New Arrival

Name: AXIOS Droid Alpha Model (And the modified Xera model for H2K3 v2)

Description: 1.86 meters tall. The body is made to mimic human bodies. Colors vary. The face is simply a black plating across the face to conceal the bulk of the electronics. It is covered in plates at the joints that fold over each other when a joint is moved for protection. Overall, the appearance is not a set thing

Abilities:

• The body is resistant to both kinetic, plasma, and energy rounds to a degree.

• It sports almost a complete range of motion

• Faraday shielding.

• It has four biotech photoreceptors, and can also view thermal imaging, infrared, and can optically zoom up to 3 times it's regular vision.

• The body is powered by a Solarium-run Advanced Stirling Radioisotope generator, covered in brown aegisalt for both additional protection and radiation shielding

• Sports Full durasteel plating, with an advanced Exoskeleton to help it achieve 3 times average human muscle strength, while still supporting the weight of the components.

• The arms and legs are hollow, and have retreating plating to support both storage and customization

• Advanced processing that allows it to compute at 4.2 times the speed of the human mind

• Infinite runtime without exertion. But sessions of being active will consume energy faster than is being generated.
    Limitations:

• The unit is still heavy. While the exoskeleton assists to ensure the droid is very maneuverable and combat-capable, the drone is hard to transport en-mass or by hand, and the unit may fall through weaker flooring

• Modifications and storage will add weight, and drones will take a while to calibrate themselves to extra internal weight.

• Modifications may also consume energy

• A droid unit, having limited thinking capability, can be taxes in capabilities, in which case it will start a reboot sequence, which takes five minutes total, minimum, in which the unit is vulnerable. while this is a rare occurrence, it is possible to trigger and take advantage of.

• If the brown aegisalt layer is punctured, and the generator begins to leak, nothing will stop it.

• The unit is fairly expensive to produce and maintain.
    How does it work:

• https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Stirling_radioisotope_generator

• The exoskeleton is a motor-hydraulic hybrid. The motors guide the hydraulics, which then lock when needed to support the body. The motors act as the main system for movement.

• The plating is 10mm thick. The next layer would be the exoskeleton, then the Faraday shield, which protects the components from an EMP

• Electronics for processing are stored around the generator and in the head. Minimized technology is used for the whole body, and are mounted in places as to not hinder movement.

• The optics are compressed, and the standard light range is detected through biotech.  The optics are three-inch long mixed-tech cylinders capable of switching vision types.
    Flavor Text: Created by AXIOS as both drones to monetize and as the body for H2K3 V2

Attainability: Semi-closed (purchased)

Tags: Civilian, industrial, Military

Categories: Robotics

Xera Model Note: The Xera model, being a body for a sentient being, does not have the overloading issue the Alpha model has.

2. Khaos

Khaos Purple Man Impervium Donator

Hello @Arxfiend
    First off, I would like to state that this application is unneeded as it falls under Engineered Lifeforms Lore.
    However, should you choose to continue with this application it will be receiving a pending. This is because the 7 centimeter (2.7 inch thick) plating is simply too thick for a roughly humanoid model that stands at 1.86 meters (6.1 feet). That is REDICULOUSLY thick. The following image is a pair of 2x8x4 lead bricks for reference.
    Let's say you have an IRON plate that goes over the arm, yeah? Not only are these plates ridiculously bulky but they weigh a helluva lot too. An iron plate that is 2.7 x 4 x 12 or 129.6 cubic inches weighs in at 36.87 lbs, or 16.72 kilograms. This does not even consider the weights of other metals such as durasteel, but as you can see from the numbers this quickly adds up in weight. A thickness like this would not only make joints a nightmare but would weigh the android down to the point of being unable to move.

[​IMG]

3. Arxfiend

Arxfiend New Arrival

God damnit I'm so stupid. Appropriate edite made, changing the plating to 10 mm in thickness

4. Khaos

@"Arxfiend"
    I'm so sorry for having not replied for so long. It's been very busy with me lately what with classes starting.
    But now I'd like to ask you a series of questions about the bot, armor thickness aside.

Its industrial use, weight, and strength are ridiculously high. Considering its armor and high resistance to damage this robot is highly unbalanced.
    Is it meant to lift cargo or fight battles? It seems to be a killbot in many respects, which is a big nono.
    EMP immunity, high resistance to all types of damage that doesn't make sense. It would be far better for you to state what this machine's plating is comprised of, and have its resistance based upon that. No metal is resistant to everything.
    This robot simply needs rebalanced.

In addition, this robot should be slow if it is so heavy. Nothing states that it is slow.

Apparently it can become taxed and become vulnerable for a period of time? Weaknesses like these are typically not always played out well. If anything, it only makes this application more worrisome as this feels very geared towards a killbot. (I really should not have to be afraid of a robot being that.)

Processing speed 4.2 times that of a human? That's ridiculous, especially in the case of it containing a sentient mind.
    I can understand higher reaction speeds, but keep in mind a massive bot like this would not be swift to act, being so heavy.

Tags: Your tags are wrong. You select one of Civilian, Industrial, or Military. Not three.

Finally, what is AXIOS?

5. Arxfiend

Arxfiend New Arrival

To start, I'll cover the AXIOS question.

It is simply a small company. I recognize your issue with the shadetech was that they started as wealthy developers, I believe. Axios only has moderate funds, taking out loans to produce items, then repaying the loans upon completion with the money needed. Not enough manufacturing equipment to mass produce items. In essence, everything is made one at a time. The reason more advanced technology is thought of is due to my characters involved being mostly comprised of scientists and engineers. But again, it's simply a smaller company.

as far as the application goes, I've pretty much decided to scrap this. I may try to do a similar piece at another time. But I think I need to completely re-haul this thing.

6. Khaos

Alright.
    If you are certain you want it scrapped, I'll be moving it to the denied section.

7. Arxfiend

Arxfiend New Arrival

Thank you. And sorry for the waste of time.