[AtlasNet] Atlas.nex/media/anouncements/deathofpda/live

Discussion in 'Nexus Net' started by Lloyd, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Lloyd

Lloyd Daedalus Staff Member Administrator

Stream starting
    Welcome

The stream had begun, a few cameras switched on to reveal a dimly lit room, with no discernible features. In the corner hung an Atlas banner, giving the viewer a little information about what was going on.

A door opened somewhere offscreen, and onto the panel walked Lloyd. He was dressed casually, almost unlike himself, simply in a dark pair of jeans and gray t-shirt sporting the Atlas insignia. No scarf, no coat. His wrist sported a black, slightly-larger-than-a-bracelet sized decoration. He'd stop in the center of the frame.

"I've got something cool to show off, and I'll cut to the chase in a second, but I do want to say one thing. Why is it, that in the year thirty-two eighty-six, are people still using archaic, tablet-based interface devices. I got to thinking of this after I and a small group of engineers began coding the software that would eventually become part of the most modern Atlas armor permutations. One of them offered up the idea of a tacpad." He gestured to his arm. "On the wrist, and I thought about it for a second, Eventually, after a long night of being pretty mad at myself, I came up with the idea to integrate a projection prism into the wrist of the armor."

He turned his wrist like he was checking the time on a watch, pressed a button and his wrist and forearm were lit up in the projected UI of white design. The UI that he has chosen was made of two projection panels, the white foreground and the more opaque dark red background, obscuring the audience's view of what exactly was going on.

"Originally designed for military applications, I have created a consumer version and cornered off a section of the AtlasNet for public use. We're gonna start selling these babies at the end of this stream. I've actually got a commercial that we put together using renders an AI and stuff that'll show off all the features, but I just wanted to have a foreword and explain that the datapad, PDA, whatever it is, is dead. Here and now, once and for all. We have painstakingly developed modular algorithms that can integrate with many ship AIs and weapon systems for the express purpose of unification. This thing could be the center of your digital life, managing your funds, schedule, starmap, ship, anything. It functions in combat and in the vacuum of space. It has the finest processor available in it and the learning capabilities to automate the annoying parts of life. Also, I think it looks pretty good. I just want to say that I'm really excited about this, and I think everyone else should be too, so here goes, the Atlas Minibracer.

The stream ends and is replaced by a commercial describing just a summarized version of this here writeup everyone gets to know how to work these things.

Please read before using IC

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019