//ATL.NET BROADCAST 8/19/3288

Discussion in 'Nexus Net' started by Markus Aleksandr, Aug 20, 2021.

1. Markus Aleksandr

Markus Aleksandr The Liberated Bronze Donator

As if it was a pre-programmed choreograph, the Emperor and his entourage, sans Clint and Xex, arrived in their formation around the Emperor's podium: much as they did during the address delivered following the domestic-terrorist attack on the Capitol Building. Advena and Citizenry alike gathered in anticipation for High Atlas Aleksandr's words-- though it was clearly apparent from the reporter turn-out that other Fringe powers were more interested in this release than Olympian outlets. Markus grips the microphone-riddled pulpit with calm confidence.

"Citizens. Advena. You once again humble me with the diligence you dedicate to my spoken word... As many of you are keenly aware, information has surfaced regarding former High Atlas Lloyd's involvement in an insidious and highly-volatile conspiracy against the Haven Federation and its Citizenry. This Administration-- that is to say, mine-- has remained quiet long enough regarding this information and its implications."

The Emperor visibly inhales; his chest expands as he retracts all doubt that he is correctly navigating this political landmine,

"After our thorough investigation, and the dissertation of its findings, I regrettably inform you, both the Olympian Public and the Fringe Powers beyond, that this information is valid, and beyond scrutiny."

He gives pause; enough time to allow for any gasps, but not enough for questions to come charging though the forcibly-dramatic cloud of forced inhalation,

"The consensus of the Fringe at large has, very transparently, called for the head of the former High Atlas. Many of you stand before me here, today, to hear my answer to this call. And true to the state of my administration, I will not answer to the wants of the vocal minority, but the needs of the suffering majority."

He offers a long, possibly judgmental glance to the masses of reporter-flesh before him.

"I will speak, with unabashed frankness, to the leaders of those nations most directly impacted by the deeds of the New Basra Pact: namely Haven-- the Death of the former High Atlas will offer no solace to the dead and grieving of the Shifter Crisis. Additionally, I guarantee that the dismissal of his current position would service naught but the craven desires of the insatiable cries of the impossibly-unquestioned message boards of the Fringe, who will accept nothing short of the dissolution and flagellation of the Empire and its constituents. In lieu of these incomparably-unproductive avenues, I will wholly commit to a long-term cooperative reconstruction of Atlas-Haven relations, through a series of mutually-beneficial and protective measures-- demonstrated already through our diplomatic actions with Grand Protector Giorno-- by doubling down and promising the uncompromising intellect of the very-same former High Atlas to the detection of Haven's current plight- the FEV strain infesting her waters. I will never claim our actions as being enough to 'compensate' for the wrongs performed by our predecessors, but I will guarantee that the actions of the Atlas Empire will be outwardly and fearlessly pragmatic to the betterment of its own citizenry-- and the Fringe at large."

As before, there was no time for questions. Markus, his entourage, funny bodyguard included, would retreat back into the Capitol Building.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
    Shawnx17, Moon Moth, Pinkbat5 and 3 others like this.