//ANN: The Emperor Responds to Knife's Edge

Discussion in 'Nexus Net' started by Ryanatorx, Jul 21, 2023.

1. Ryanatorx

Ryanatorx Galactic Officer Community Monitor Gold Donator

ANN.png
    [Province] : Olympus

[Announcement] : The Emperor Responds to Knife’s Edge

Following the release of an announcement claiming responsibility for the attack on the Praetor by the Knife’s Edge Republican Army, the Emperor has said the following:

"The people of Knife's Edge, and all citizens across the Empire deserve to know the truth. The fact of the matter is, this was a massive failure of oversight. What was intended to be a temporary occupation to maintain peace, while Knife's Edge rebuilt and renegotiated their feudal contract, turned into a regime that escalated to a point of oppression not unlike that of former Mayor Gimbal if not worse. I accept the responsibility of this lack of oversight, and conclude that a restructuring and bolstering of our administrative functions are required in order to effect both accountability and cohesion with standard operating procedure and the spirit of law. If the people of Knife's Edge wish to remain wholly independent, that will be their right by my decree: but it is my earnest wish that one day we may broker a more serviceable and long-lasting partnership that will ensure the continuing improvement of Olympian lives."

Following this, Imperial forces have pulled out of Knife’s Edge, and the people of Olympus wait to hear what comes next – a tragic further loss of life has been averted.

[Other News]

Iona Adopts Magistrate System, Normalizing Imperial Justice

Paya Takes Voluntary Pay Cut For Train Project, DCD Announces Affordable Housing Expansion

DFF Appoints New Interim Director, Meathead Takes Extended Leave

DCD’S IOSHA Transferred to Careers

[Would you like to know more?]