//ANN: Director Paya Itzicuitla Reshapes Housing

Discussion in 'Nexus Net' started by Ryanatorx, Jan 17, 2024.

1. Ryanatorx

Ryanatorx Galactic Officer Community Monitor Gold Donator

[​IMG]
    [Province] : Olympus

[Announcement] : Director Paya Itzicuitla Reshapes Housing

New policies put forward by the [Department of Civil Development] have significantly altered the previously existing housing structures on Olympus. Landlords must now submit rent changes to the [Rent Control Council], a new state body managing housing costs. In addition, stringent restrictions have been placed on foreign property and land investment – a dramatic policy change from previously granted Caliphate fiefdoms and landed estates during the Lloyd Administration. The Director had this to say (full interview available [here]):

“I decided to establish the Rent Control Council because the landlords of Olympus have been strangling their tenants with high rent for too long. Nobody can afford to rent because a small number of landlords control a large number of properties, and they charge high rents because the demand for housing was so high… Rent control, and all of the other things my department is doing, will help put an end to that. I had the same line of thinking with limiting development and investment companies to how much property they could actually own…”

New zoning regulations have also been introduced with a ‘densification policy’, and the first ‘urban megaplex’ mixed commerce-apartment is expended to be finished by the end of the year. The policy of centralized ‘Live, Work, Play’ is expected to dominate these structures as the greater ‘Undercity population shift’ policy continues to play out.

[Other News]

DCC Whaling Draws Dragon, Destroyed By Navy

Population Medical Census Completed: The Results May Surprise You!

AgriTrain Links Olympus City Hinterlands, Farm Efficiency Up

Forlorn Legion Foreign Aid Approved

Wester Lund Nominated For Sexiest Nova Alive

[Would you like to know more?]

Attached Files: