Genetic Accelerated Novakid Aging

Discussion in 'Tech/Augment Applications' started by Roren, Dec 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Roren

Roren New Arrival

Name: Nova Osirosa
    Description: No appearance.
    Abilities: Passive accelerated aging of the body, and the mind.

Limitations: Reduced lifespan(600-900 goes from around 200-400, with the dementia stages starting in late 100s) unless caught early and stabilized.

How does it work: If radioactive elements are introduced to a pregnant novakid in any way, be it personal consumption or another factor, there is a chance for it to spread to the child, both changing the color of the child slightly, and speeding up the gestation period, cutting it in half.

Flavor text: It was first discovered by a small family in the Fringe, but was not known about in detail until a few months later, when the child was shown to go from the protokid stage, to the semi-toddler stage rapidly.

Attainability: Semi-Open

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018 at 7:46 PM
  2. Markus Aleksandr

Markus Aleksandr The Tolerated Staff Member Community Monitor

Me am the gradeboy.

Two issues I take with this:

As it is, is the idea of an accelerated mental state, and will require some more elaboration. Since it's difficult to get into the nitty gritty of Novakid development, as they don't exist, I'll be using something closer to home for comparison's sake:

In the event that a child were to age more rapidly, that does not necessarily mean that they work on an accelerated time-table, mentally. They may/will encounter various milestones earlier (e.g.- the mind's physical ability to grasp the concept of object permanence), but that doesn't mean they will learn faster on a more general level.

Additionally, I'm going to need more explicit detail as to what 'unstable plasma' is.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018 at 5:52 PM
  3. Roren

Roren New Arrival

Hello gradeboy, thank you for doing me the big H M M. Let me clarify what I mean.

They wouldn't be able to learn things faster, persay, but the dementia that comes with Novakid aging would progress much faster than the average nova. It'd still take them a bit of time to actually learn, and they wouldn't be innately smarter than another Nova, either. It's only "benefit" would be speeding up their growth, and then somewhere down the line, finding a way to slow that growth speed down to normal levels.(The literal only scenario I see that being beneficial would be in making your own army of suicide-bombers, to be honest.)

As for the "unstable plasma", it would be something from a weaponized object, like a sword, or a round of ammunition, etc. Imagine eating a plasma cartridge. Basically, dangerous plasma that you really, really, REALLY shouldn't try to have in your body.
    Hope this cleared some things up for now, at least!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018 at 5:57 PM
  4. Markus Aleksandr

Markus Aleksandr The Tolerated Staff Member Community Monitor

Unfortunately, that's now how plasma weapons work; they're not unstable, it's the self-same plasma that Novakids are ultimately comprised of. We'll require a different/revised justification for this anomaly.

5. Roren

Roren New Arrival

Would it help if I changed attainability to Closed, and simply made this for a single character? Like, for instance, this character's mother had jammed her hand straight into a plasma sword out of curiosity. If the novakid in question had been consuming large amounts of radioactive material, would this help my case in any way? Radiation can lead to a whole mess of things, who knows what could come out of it...

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018 at 7:37 PM
  6. Roren

Roren New Arrival

Actually, with some thought, could it perhaps be explained simply through radiation causing the birth defect?

7. Roren

Roren New Arrival

I've updated this slightly to change any mention of unstable plasma to something relating to radiation, which seems to be a much more likely cause.