Genetic Accelerated Novakid Aging

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Roren, Dec 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Roren

Roren Galactic Citizen

Name: Nova Osirosa
    Description: No appearance.
    Abilities: Passive accelerated aging of the body.

Limitations: Reduced lifespan(600-900 goes from around 200-400, with the dementia stages starting in late 100s) unless caught early and stabilized. Larger amounts of fuel are needed to keep the novakid in question well fed. Possible birth defects such as warped brands or thinner shells may be possible, as well. The latter being much more common than the former, thankfully. Stunted height may also be possible.

How does it work: If radioactive elements are introduced to a pregnant novakid in any way, be it personal consumption or another factor, mutations can occur, such as changing the color of the child's gasses, or speeding up the gestation period, cutting it in half.

Flavor text: The disease has no real benefits, unless someone needed suicide bombers or their own militia of mindless drones. But even then, there are better ways to skin a cat.

Attainability: Semi-Open

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  2. Markus Aleksandr

Markus Aleksandr The Liberated Bronze Donator

Me am the gradeboy.

Two issues I take with this:

As it is, is the idea of an accelerated mental state, and will require some more elaboration. Since it's difficult to get into the nitty gritty of Novakid development, as they don't exist, I'll be using something closer to home for comparison's sake:

In the event that a child were to age more rapidly, that does not necessarily mean that they work on an accelerated time-table, mentally. They may/will encounter various milestones earlier (e.g.- the mind's physical ability to grasp the concept of object permanence), but that doesn't mean they will learn faster on a more general level.

Additionally, I'm going to need more explicit detail as to what 'unstable plasma' is.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  3. Roren

Roren Galactic Citizen

Hello gradeboy, thank you for doing me the big H M M. Let me clarify what I mean.

They wouldn't be able to learn things faster, persay, but the dementia that comes with Novakid aging would progress much faster than the average nova. It'd still take them a bit of time to actually learn, and they wouldn't be innately smarter than another Nova, either. It's only "benefit" would be speeding up their growth, and then somewhere down the line, finding a way to slow that growth speed down to normal levels.(The literal only scenario I see that being beneficial would be in making your own army of suicide-bombers, to be honest.)

As for the "unstable plasma", it would be something from a weaponized object, like a sword, or a round of ammunition, etc. Imagine eating a plasma cartridge. Basically, dangerous plasma that you really, really, REALLY shouldn't try to have in your body.
    Hope this cleared some things up for now, at least!

4. Markus Aleksandr

Unfortunately, that's now how plasma weapons work; they're not unstable, it's the self-same plasma that Novakids are ultimately comprised of. We'll require a different/revised justification for this anomaly.

5. Roren

Roren Galactic Citizen

Would it help if I changed attainability to Closed, and simply made this for a single character? Like, for instance, this character's mother had jammed her hand straight into a plasma sword out of curiosity. If the novakid in question had been consuming large amounts of radioactive material, would this help my case in any way? Radiation can lead to a whole mess of things, who knows what could come out of it...

6. Roren

Roren Galactic Citizen

Actually, with some thought, could it perhaps be explained simply through radiation causing the birth defect?

7. Roren

Roren Galactic Citizen

I've updated this slightly to change any mention of unstable plasma to something relating to radiation, which seems to be a much more likely cause given the mother's unhealthy diet of radioactive substances.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  8. Markus Aleksandr

Hey there.

I apologize for the extended delay with regards to the final conclusion for this application;

For reasons I hope you understand, this is unnatural and does not represent the overall norm of our community's grading standards.

That all being said, I'm afraid I must come forward with the following:

This application does not, and can not, fall under the bounds of GC's lore parameters. With greatest grievance, I give this application a Fail.

Novakids, as they are written and interpreted, cannot be subject to the physical, psychological, neurological, pathological nor chemical factors of their parents, save for their brands with regards to the child of two such Novakids.

Novakids as they are written are shells full of extremely hot gases and containers of radiation; thus consuming or being exposed to either of those internally would not cause any extended harm to the child or the parent, save the initial wound to their shell should the context include that. That said, consumption of extremely hazardous materials to Novakids is commonplace as burning things as fuel is what sustains their life. In short, no actual mutation would happen.

9. WowGain

WowGain Bara King Staff Member Administrator Bronze Donator Event Builder

Seconded. As with all applications following a Fail grade, you have two more attempts to attempt to rewrite this concept.

@Roren