//A Warm Welcome from Traite de Mardi.//

Discussion in 'Nexus Net' started by majo, Jul 27, 2020.

1. majo

majo Magical Girl Ex-Staff

//A video is posted to Nextube by an account named KreweBacchusOFFICIAL. It is the first video on this account.//

//The video starts with the following iconography://
    [​IMG]
    //After the icon, a figure appears on the screen. He appears to be a Deadbeat with wine colored skin. His horns are laurel crown shaped and his eyes have an uncanny brightness to them. There are a few oddities to the man who sits lazily in what honestly seems to be a throne with a lackadaisical smile. There isn't a blemish to be seen on his skin, and though slightly androgynous, he has a perfectly attractive face. The faint glimmer of gold glitter dances across his skin, and bright red eyeliner surrounds his yellow eyes. Oddly, he doesn't have the yellow scelera of other Deadbeats. He hardly looks like a Deadbeat, even. He seems to have mods on his arms and legs, that give him the fur of an exotic cat. His hands are oddly cat-like, and his legs are that of a satyrs, complete with hooves. A lion-esque tail brushes against the floor as is sways. He wears a toga dyed in a luxurious purple that his deeper and more cool toned than his skin. His appearance is a lot to take in, especially to those unfamiliar or opposed to gene-modding.//

"Hello! How wondrous it is to finally extend my voice to the rest of the cosmos," his voice is airy, light, as though everything he says is at least mildly entertaining to him. His way of speaking is very animated, making many gestures. His voice is accented in an odd way that almost seems like a mix of French and American Southern.

"I am Dieu," one of his clawed hands goes to rest on his chest lazily, "the Patron of Krewe de Bacchus. I want to extend an invitation to you," the hand then extends to the camera, the viewer. "Fringe-Goers, to visit my newly established city of Traite de Mardi." His hand then rests gently on his chest again.

"This Friday, we'll be holding the largest parade we've ever put together- to celebrate the unification of Krewes, and the opening of Mardi Eternel to the public." He begins to shake his head, "For far too long, we have been extremely insular. I have crafted this specifically to welcome those of you who wish to explore Mardi."

"So please!" His hands are thrown up in exclamation as his tone and excitement seem to peak. "Come visit, spend the week on exciting expeditions before the parade occurs! Au revoir, dear viewer! And I do hope we do meet again!"

//The video seems to end with a display of coordinates and information on the customs situation of Traite de Mardi, which involves receiving a stamped visa to hold on to during your visit. The comments are open, as per usual, and by the time it circulates to the rest of the Fringe, there are already a plethora of comments praising the odd Deadbeat, as well as a few confused anti-gene modders.//
    ((OOC BELOW))
    DISCORD LINK!

WowGain likes this.
  2. majo

majo Magical Girl Ex-Staff

((OOC))
    Hey guys, just wanted to say the discord link is going to expire soon.

And also, because I forgot to clarify in the original post, an event is occuring in the discord Friday afternoon, and exploration of the area beforehand may influence how it goes, so I'd love to see you guys explore!

WowGain likes this.