Visitant SENTINELs

Discussion in 'Approved' started by PrivateNomad, Mar 27, 2018.

1. PrivateNomad

PrivateNomad There goes my hero, watch him as he goes Staff Member Technician Gold Donator Event Builder

Name: SENTINEL

Description: A SENTINEL is a modular, scalable drone of Visitant origin. SENTINELs have one or more pink metallic/glass ring gimbals placed around them, each ring holding a different module or weapon. The rings can rotate independently of one another, and can aim autonomously. The black sphere acting as the body is pitch black similar to other Visitant structures, its outer shell made of a dense material with a color similar to vantablack or nyx gas. It hovers at a speed dependent on its size and its movement is silent. They are designed to be capable as military vehicles in larger variations, or as small weapon drones / utility drones in smaller variants.

[​IMG]
    (Above: A SENTINEL unit armed with a single laser ring. The actual black sphere is not moving or rotating at all, only the ring is rotating to aim and fire.)

[​IMG]
    (Above: Two rings.)​

Abilities:
    • Highly modular and scalable. Ring modules can easily be switched out to other devices, with larger spheres able to hold more module rings.
    • Rings can rotate autonomously from one another and track separate targets.
    • Hovers and moves silently
    • Resilient outer layer
    Limitations:
    • Requires an auxiliary Visi battery due to its power requirements.
    • Multiple weapon modules cannot fire if it is covered by another ring (unless the ring is made of a material lasers can travel through, or if the module is pivoted out of blocking ring.)
    • Requires multiple Alphas to operate different rings.
    How does it work: The black sphere is the body of the SENTINEL. Its very center is a core that the rings quantum lock to, allowing their rotating around the sphere with its core as the pivot. The rest of the sphere is balanced between neurological visitant matter for Visitants to enter it and control it as a vessel, a wireless module for higher Visitant echelons to control it as a proxy, power banks used as an auxiliary battery, and other various components. The outer shell of the black sphere is composed of hardened visitant matter similar to durasteel, acting as a protective armor casing to protect its components, as well as containing optical nerves so that the alphas can receive visual input. Module options for the rings can include, but are not limited to: tractor beams, lasers, cryolasers, repair beams, healing beams, ballistic weaponry, etc.

Flavor text: The SENTINEL model was designed by Delta Visi “ABERRANT” while he was playing with a human toy gyroscope, noting the movement of its gimbals set on the axes. Also noting the Visi love for pure black spheres and simple geometries, he created a small model designed to house an alpha. The main purpose, however, was to act as a ‘military vehicle’ able to be deployed aside from the defense drones most channels utilize. It is designed to be modular, able to house multiple Alphas, rings that can be detached and switched out, and can have things such as legs attached to the body as well.

Referenced Technologies: N/A

Attainability: Semi-Closed [Species tech]

Tags: [Military] [Racial - The Visitants]

Category: Military Vehicles

LillithN and Pinkbat5 like this.
  2. Capslock

Capslock you're all nerds Ex-Staff Event Builder

Hi Nomad, I've only got two questions about this app, so i'm going to give this a Pending.

What is the maximum amount of rings a SENTINEL can have per size class, before the issue of overlapping rings makes adding more rings impractical?
    Secondly, what is the maximum speed a SENTINEL can achieve?

3. PrivateNomad

PrivateNomad There goes my hero, watch him as he goes Staff Member Technician Gold Donator Event Builder

Really it depends on the power of the weapon on the ring. Like for tiny class drones, it'd really only be useful for utility, but small could have one ring, medium two, large three, huge four, etc. It's more an issue of power draw than size, and since size tends to scale with energy, yeah.

Speed really depends on the size too. Idk how to determine that lol

4. Capslock

Capslock you're all nerds Ex-Staff Event Builder

I'll assume they use the normal speed for regular drones, if you're not sure how to determine it.

This looks good to me, so i'll give this app a Pass! Awaiting seconding.

5. Notanumber

Notanumber The Archivist Ex-Staff

Yeah I see no further issues with this app, I'll give this it's second Pass.