//Transmissions from the SSCPL-0841 "Döfwieder"//

Discussion in 'Nexus Net' started by WowGain, Jun 30, 2017.

1. WowGain

WowGain Bara King Staff Member Administrator Bronze Donator Event Builder

((Repost from 7/28))
    //Return to Time//​

"A good morning to you all out there, and may I extend to you a most sincere apology for my absence, though I do hope that you enjoyed your specially-made automated lineup during that time! What an interesting rally of news, though! It seems like that's just always how it plays out though, doesn't it? You leave for a few days, and suddenly everything has gone on its head, but keep your eye pressed to something and nothing much at all will happen. //Some robotic chuckling// Oh well, let's get into it then, shall we? For starters, it seems that a journalist with the Haven Times has confirmed rather solemn suspicions in a report. The Federation has brokered a working deal with the occupying Shifters, where they have been allowed usage of the super-massive tree-like organism, dubbed Yggdrasil by the Federation as a form of fuel for their clout. Additionally, it seems that concerns over betrayal and infiltration of the Senate by outsider spies has been confirmed, as former shifter Senator, Saif Cassio, took up a position as Emir of the Caliphate shortly after leading the Shifter armies into Federation space and resigning. Other suspected traitors include former High Commander, Kate Bradshaw, and former Senator Ansanullah al-Saqaaf. I can only hope that justice soon finds retribution for these individuals, who allowed the endangerment and deaths of millions for personal gain. In other news, it seems as though the ship in the Sume system has given us more information, with certain parts of the hull being dated to over three million years old. As if this wasn't the peak of the mystery and frankly, subtle horror surrounding this vessel, it seems that upon the attempted breach of the hangar doors by Chinaut vessels, an as-of-yet untranslatable signal was broadcast from the ship, so powerful that nearly all of the tachyonic bandwidth was taken up by it during transmission. Eerie. Finally, more information from Dheid-Bop 7, as it seems that authorities in the system have detected several unidentified corvette-class ships on the outskirts of the system. When approached, these vessels quickly entered Hyperspace before any scans could be initiated. However, authorities have told me with great confidence that these strangers, and any connection they have to the abductions on the world, will be kept at bay, as the officers have purchased several new patrol corvettes meant to keep an eye on the system. That's all for news now, though! Onto your musical entertainment for the day. Coming at you like a hunk of burnin' love... your kisses, lift me higher, like the sweet song of a choir, you light my morning sky, with burnin' love..."

//With the brush of vinyl, the song begins​

//The theme is a peppy love.//​

2. WowGain

//Zero//​

"Good evening to you all, my faithful listeners! Sorry about my latest little trip away, boring business, nothing that was worth being away from you all for! But then again, there's not much I can think of that would be worth being away from my amazing audience over. However, it seems not a whole lot has happened in my absence, up until recently! The Amethyst Theatre hosted an Improv Show, perhaps a sign that they are preparing for their first true show! I'm sure that this would be a well-welcomed feature of the Fringe. Additionally, it seems that the Hylotl have established a new mining outpost, mere lightyears from the Districts of Canada, an action that has been questioned by many talking heads of the political commentary sphere, who wonder what this means for the future of Fringe-CivSpace relations. In other news, the Haven Elections are rolling around! Citizens will be able to vote for the new roster of Senators and Grand Protector! Do your part, if you're a Federation citizen, and vote. Save for some rather interesting candidates, including an AI Hivemind and a.. Roomba, it seems that only one other major event has occurred, and very recently. The Floran Tribal Concordat has officially denounced the actions, and perhaps the entire existence of the Caliphate in a recent video. Such an action is unprecedented in the history of the Fringe and CivSpace, and its consequences will surely make waves in the coming days. But enough about that, onto your nightly entertainment. You see, the reason why I love doing this show so much isn't for any fame or glory, no, no, its because... I've got you, under my skinnnnn, I've got youuuuuu, deep in the hearrrt of meeee, so deep in my heart, that you're really a part, of meee.... I've got youuuu, under my skinnn...."

//Zwoosh

//The theme seems to be the DJ's adoration of his audience. How sweet. However, at exactly 2 hours and 30 minutes from the beginning of the music segment for tonight, a strange sequence of sine-wave notes can be heard, what does this strange transmission mean? Who could know, as the station goes back to regular broadcasts immediately after repeating five times.//​

3. WowGain

//One-Thirty//

"Another good morning out there to you all! I hope that you've been well! If anything bad happened to my loyal audience, well, I just don't know what I'd do! It seems as though we've had a calm day, which, honestly, I am rather grateful for! However, today we will see the results of the Haven Elections, which I am sure has many of you waiting with bated breath. I personally found myself rather anxious to see the outcome of the elections, especially in this most turbulent time in the Federation's history. However, outside of this, it seems that there was a small altercation between Dhied-Bop 7 patrol ships and another group of unidentified ships with similar designs to those spotted days before! No casualties were had, but one of the ships was put to a state where it will be under repair for several days. Most shockingly, the ships which fought the Dhied-Bop patrol were damaged from the short-lived fight, merely rebuffing the ship's attacks before warping away! How mysterious! Enough of all that, though,
    time for some tunes! Love is the most beautiful feeling in the world, but sometimes, the way it can cause us to act makes us want to just punch that stupid cupid. Stupid Cupid you're a real mean guy, I'd like to clip your wings so you can't fly, I'm in love and its a cryin' shame, And I know that you're the one to blame, Hey hey! Set me free! Stupid Cupid stop pickin' on me!

//Tappity tap

//The theme is cheeky and playful with the audience. Once again, around 1 hour and 45 minutes following the start of the musical segment, a strange set of tones play, similar to last night's but tonally shifted down a key. Odd.​

4. WowGain

//Two-Ten//​

"Good night to you all out there, and thanks again for tuning in every day so faithfully as I'm sure you do to Döfwieder radio! The Haven election results were called today, and may I wish a hearty congratulations to all the new Senator-Elects, and the new Grand Protector of the Federation, a favorite of many men and women alike, GP Anne Hager! I'm certain that with her expansive career as a politician and Senator of the Federation that she will be leading Haven in a good direction. Besides the new-elects being announced officially today, it seems like not much else went on that'd be worth taking up your time with in this last cycle! Ah well, no matter! That just means more time I get to talk directly to you all, doesn't it? But enough of all that, time for your entertainment! Every night you all listen to me, it reminds me of a lady, a honeygirl I call, Sherry. Sherry baby, Sherry baby, Sherry can you come out tonightttt?""

//Brrrsh

//The theme is once again the DJ's love for his audience, it seems. About three hours and fifteen minutes after the start of the music programming, a lullaby plays, this time shifted down about three keys.​

5. WowGain

//Two-Ten//

"Good evening to you all! Seems we've had another quiet day in the news, not much of great alarm save for the Comet League tournament entering its next series of brackets, only two more matches to go before they enter the semifinals to see who will have the honor of facing the mysterious League Champion! Additionally, there has been a rather strange post on the nexus, seemingly by the same account that several weeks earlier boasted about the abduction [size=small]of a young couple's child in the Haven Federation! How strange. What the cryptic post means is uncertain right now, but some have theorized that the "she" is this stolen child. I can only pray that she is safe and well at this time, and will be returned home to her parents soon. But, enough on all that, time for that music, something that shines through the gloom and doom, a lone star.."

//And begin

//The theme seems to relate to the power of music to guide someone through darkness. About two hours and forty five minutes later, a very distorted series of tones plays. It seems to be a heavily distorted version of the lullaby. To the trained individual, these tones resemble those that can be picked up by a tv receptor to make an image...//​

6. WowGain

//Three-Eight//

"Its that time of the night again, my favorite time when I get to speak with you all and give you your update on the news and entertainment you love! In the news, it seems that some dedicated cross-posters have been celebrating the brave actions of the.. Military Junta of New Liberia, who have pushed back communist insurgents on the surface of Purgatory Majoris after an attempting bombing run on the districts surrounding the Wormway, entrance of the Undercrypt. For months now, Purgatorian and Milky Way Nexuses have been entirely separated, but it seems a few lucky people have been able to connect to the greater Nexus of the galaxy, posting news and info here and there when they can. Besides this, recently elected Senator Sinji Ekta has announced a new expansionary corp of the Federation, dubbed the 'Haven Expeditionary Force', their mission statement is to seek out new planets that could possibly become points of colonization for Haven. If you have a wanderlust and a desire to channel that into something useful, this may be the group for you! That's all on the news for now, though! I'm california dreamin', on such a winters day, stopped into a church, I passed along the way, well, I got down on my knees, and I pretended to pray, you know the preacher like the cold, he knows I'm gonna stay.."

//This record seems to be a bit old, the crackling is audible in the tape

//The theme for tonight is uncertain, but it seems a little melancholy. Three hours and forty-five minutes later, the same strange tones play again, I wonder what these mean... Perhaps, if someone had the right tools..//​

7. WowGain

//While the Man-at-Helm is out and about, A little fun never hurt nobody//

//The broadcast tonight is about forty-five seconds of a person laughing and chortling into the microphone, various broken sequences of distorted lullaby tracks and songs that had been played before immediately after the DJ's intermissions. At the end of this transmission, a reversed sequence of noises are heard. This sound of this person's laughter was clearly different from the DJ's own, who had laughed on air several times before in the past, indicating that a different person might be behind the mic right now..//

//After this, the station goes back into uninterrupted song. The theme is difficult to decipher, but seems to be related to being discrete about one's actions. About two hours later, another noise sequence plays for a full two minutes before going back to regular play.//​

8. WowGain

//Return to Form//

"Ay-ay-ay! Gomen-a-sai! Went out for just a day and I get wrangled into a four-day excursion I never planned on getting into. What a time! Ah well, I don't want to burden you with that, though. Ho... Now, let's look at the news! Several reporters from CivSpace are speaking on the recent discovery of strange arch-like structures mere lightyears away from colonized systems, each dated to be around forty-thousand years old. These arches all seem to share similar designs, and have a strange set of alcoves on them. How odd! I do wonder what this recent string of discoveries of ancient technology mean, hopefully its not too dangerous! Now, onto your entertainment! Southern nights!.. Have you ever felt a southern night? Free as a breeze.. Not to mention the trees!"

//And with that, the song begins

//The theme seems to be relaxing after an arduous experience. No lullaby tones for tonight. Odd.//​

9. WowGain

//Activity//

"Hello and good evening to you all! Now, to start your evening off right, here's a summary of yesterday's events. In a surprise victory, the Comet Boxing League has its victor! The Underdog himself, Vilidius Cal! The best the Fringe has to offer beat former champion Jay L. Byrd by a slim margin of two points, as declared by the judges. What a close one indeed! It seems that the scrapper was the underdog through most of his fights, coming back with vigorous force in his second and third rounds, where he decimated the competition, and in the case of the title match, held his own against a true slugger against all odds! I personally am looking forward to the next season with great anticipation! Besides this, it seems that there has been more information made public on these mysterious gate structures which have been found across CivSpace. It seems that when examine, the material that the gates have been constructed of are identical down to a molecular level, even sharing arrangement of molecules and surface textures across gates which would have had to have been made thousands of lightyears away from each-other. How strange! That's about all for the news of yesterday, though. Onto your musical entertainment! Woke up this morning feeling fine... There's something special on my mind... Last night I met a new boy in the neighborhood... Oh yeah, something tells I'm into something good..."

//Voosh

//It seems the theme for tonight is peppy morning music. About thirty minutes into the broadcast schedule, a strange transmission begins. It seems to be the same odd voice from the other day, not the regular DJ. The voice is distorted and coy.//​

"Come visit sometime? Next week, perhaps?.. Stay tuned, then."

10. WowGain

//Time//

"Good evening out there! Sorry about my little absence there! I've been spending the past week upgrading the broadcast tower, so now even more of you beautiful people should be able to hear amazing music and my occasional interludes. Now, in the news, seems like things have been pretty busy while I've been away! Rumors about about the results of a group of adventurers who took on the Undercrypt at the behest of the Gravelord, and what they discovered, have been flooding my inbox. Seems that the latest little group who went down there put a stop to a freaky strong guy who was finishing his plans to dominate the crypt itself. Pretty crazy stuff, huh? In other news, quite the strange sighting has been made by a Solus Drone Operator, who claims that a drone-feed went offline for about a day before suddenly coming back online hundreds of lightyears away near the Deadbeat homeworld of Schelor after seeing a weird creature in the middle of the Corravian ruins. Creepy! Enough about all that business, though, onto your music for the evening! The local rock group down the street, Is trying hard to learn their song, They serenade the weekend squire, Who just came out to mow his lawn, Another pleasant valley Sunday, Charcoal burning everywhere, Rows of houses that are all the same, And no one seems to care"

//Tickatacka

//Tonight's theme seems to be a sarcastic comment on society, or the status of societal stability. About four hours later, a voice cuts in.//​

"Asleep finally?.. Well, if you're interested, here's what I promised. fifty-seven eighty-eighty twenty-three, negative sixty-three, ninety-two, forty-eight, seventy-six."

11. WowGain

//After what seemed like aeons of silence from the lone, drifting signal, activity could be picked up again. Rather than the dull hum of white noise, the warm tachyonic drone that covered the dead space between channels, something else could be heard. For the first few nights, it was just the occasional sound of something pacing by near a microphone, footsteps against a cold, metallic floor. After this stretch of random intervals of ambient noise, however, a synthesized voice could be heard a distance away, humming along to a tune that was playing quietly, the boxy sound of the room could be heard in the tone of the song, which wasn't being fed directly into the signal, rather, it seemed to be playing off an old record.//

PrivateNomad likes this.