// THE OCCASUS MANIFESTO \\

Discussion in 'Nexus Net' started by PrivateNomad, Jan 26, 2020.

1. PrivateNomad

PrivateNomad There goes my hero, watch him as he goes Staff Member Technician Gold Donator Event Builder

// The following is a document that has been spreading around the Nexus like wildfire, simply titled the 'Occasus Manifesto'. It has already begun to generate a large amount of controversy, not only in the Fringe, but around the entire galaxy. \\

OCCASISM

[​IMG]

By the Sun
    Solis occasum magnum.

Blessed be the Setting Sun, the Salvation which births our World anew. Blessed be the Great One, by whose hand the unworthy will be wiped, and the worthy accepted into the great paradise of the newly risen Sun.

Through deeds to the Great One will we be spared, born anew into Paradise free of the unworthy, free of sinners, free of hate and suffering. The Great One will bind every lifeform, in body, mind, and spirit. The Great One is the peak of all Life; it is the alpha and the omega, it is the perfect organism, the final evolution.

The Great One is real, an entity and an idea as concrete as reality itself. Other false gods and idols are objects of human faith and imagination. The Great One is real, it is visible, and the Setting Sun is true. To deny this catharsis is madness, to accept it is to accept the ultimate truth.

Cast away the gods of our imagination, and turn now towards the Real and powerful. Turn towards the Great One. Turn towards the Setting Sun. Turn towards a new world order where peace sprouts from the ashes of old.

Gaze into the Golden Eye.

2. 17

17 The Shining Wife Silver Donator

// User 'Misery' replies //
    The Great One can lick my soles.
    How the hekk do you people even find time for this edgy aurochcrap? Don't you have work? Families?
    This isn't a video game. Grow up.

3. Pinkbat5

Pinkbat5 pocl v3.6.7 Staff Member Moderator Diamond Donator

//User CE459286 leaves a comment on one of the many online threads in which the document is being discussed.//
    Of the many cultures and religions organizations of the Milky Way, the Occasus’s way of life is without question objectively the worst.
    Their philosophy is inherently violent, making almost every iteration of their organization universally detestable by every other sapient, decently sensible individual.
    Their grasp on morality is of a kindergarten level, and their interpretation of reality is lazy at its very best. Their texts and arguments reek of ignorance so strongly as to be physically offensive to the senses. I hope I do not need to point out any of the many glaring logical holes in this document, as they are so numerous I would be unable to choose.
    This is Realspace life at its absolute lowest. A true embarrassment to the rest of the population. The “Great” One is the Alpha, indeed.

SilverGallium and PrivateNomad like this.
  4. PrivateNomad

PrivateNomad There goes my hero, watch him as he goes Staff Member Technician Gold Donator Event Builder

// They receive a reply from user goldenArrow. //

I believe that violence may justify the brighter future. An echo like yourself may not understand the plight the sapient species of our galaxy has faced for millennia; the systematic and ingrained subjugation of the masses. Religions of all shapes and forms preach messages of 'equality' and 'paradise', but why should any rational being believe any of that? Organized religion was established for the powerful to gain control over the masses that follow organized religion for comfort and hope. Occacism is meant to shatter this divide between belief and reality, to give all sapient creatures what they should have had for eons.

We fight so that our future may be one of true peace and unity under the Ruin. One grand unity to unify us all. Why should I be content living out my days as a mindless drone in this consumerist wasteland we call this galaxy, forsaken by greed and hate? How long will our civilization even last under this state? How long will it take until we destroy ourselves? Before the Ruin came, the galaxy warred with itself, factions vying for power and resources. People are subjugating other people, believing them to be less than - just look to the slave traders and the anti-synth activists and the ICIF and the Apex regime and the religious hypocrisy of the Stargazers and the specieism of the Black Empire and the radical imperialism of the Hylotl Empire to know that our civilization cannot be saved without the Ruin. We need a reset button. We need a sunset, so that a new sun can rise.

I hoped every day for a future where things would get better, where we would right our own wrongs and finally understand one another with compassion. But I've realized that is futile. In our long years of history, not once did anything change.

Under the Unity, we won't have to fear for our future.

majo and WowGain like this.
  5. majo

majo Magical Girl Ex-Staff

//User tumaku comments on the post.//

being involved with your cause has been the best thing to happen to me. thank you for bringing me a community of people i can truly relate to. ive never felt more accepted, more in touch with my spirituality, or more free to be myself. thank you.

6. inactive account

inactive account Inactive Account Ex-Staff Impervium Donator

//User br0k3r comments on the post, though it appears to be an ad of some sort.//

I applaud your cause, and offer my non-discriminate services to those worshipping The Great One.

Solis occasum magnum.

<::br0k3r trading - for everything under the sun and even inside it::>

7. D&K

D&K Nicotine Mogul Bronze Donator

-BSTRD.

upvoted