The Gondia

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Mila The Dinosauroid, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Mila The Dinosauroid

Mila The Dinosauroid New Arrival

The Gondia stage 1

Tags

hiveminded human/plant composite organisms that reproduce through Parthenogenesis

Appearance
    [​IMG]

human in appearance with green hair skin as white as paper and vines growing under the skin also some have flowers growing in their hair and some do not

Culture
    they do not have a culture in the conventional sense they are darwinistically motivated to spread and they will do anything to achieve that goal. But they are a hive mind controlled by collective democracy, although they do have some individual personality it often takes a back seat to the collective goals, but their reason for being is to serve the purpose of the plant inside their bodies and that purpose is propagation of the species through assimilation of other humans (and whatever other species they find are compatible) and spreading their influence.

History

They originated on a human colony on the outer rim of the galaxy when the colonists arrived they discovered that all animals were infected with this symbiotic alien plant it was a similar relationship to lichens on earth (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lichen) but instead of it being algue and fungus it was plant an animal. The humans figured out this plant could be used to generate electricity because it naturally does it as a defence mechanism. So they found an completely green source of power but eventually it adapted to the human body and infected humans now these creatures called Gondia seek to add all other humans in existance to their number. (all gondia are female and reproduce through parthenogenesis)

Intentions for Story & Setting Interactions

they will be played in a completely unique way people playing this species will join a custom discord server that will serve as the hive mind. In this discord server the players will be able to talk to each other and share information (IC) and it will simulate a hive mind to anyone else watching from the outside, this will allow players to coordinate their actions and appear like a true collective.

The intentions for the story are for the Gondia to be a kind of antagonist to humanity, but it is also an experiment to see if we can successfully role-play a hive mind, we will build a civilization where everyone is equal and we will attempt to convert human characters to our number.

crumchy and ThatCabbage like this.
  2. 9K

9K Galactic Enforcer Staff Member Administrator Diamond Donator

Hey, I'm going to begin the grading on your species app today.

I'm going to have to give this its first denial, and I'll go over why with you. There are two main reasons.
    The first is that there is absolutely no culture on them whatsoever. I understand they're Darwinistically motivated to propagate as that's their idea of success and such, but an idea of success alone isn't culture, and saying they don't have any is a problem in that every demographic has norms and activities and the like that they enjoy, because they can't just be "spreading" 24/7. These are things that are shown through their attitude, their architecture, their artwork, their hobbies, their food, their language, and the way they view certain things from other cultures. To say they don't have a culture "in a conventional sense," when asked about culture and that the only thing it consists of is their urge to spread isn't just to say they don't have one "in a conventional sense," but to say they don't have one at all. This is something a society needs, and even as a hivemind, even the tiniest bit of individualism allows these things to shine through when they're interacting amongst themselves and have free time. What do they do in their free time?

The second is that you're making a species with the sole intention of being an antagonist, which raises several red flags in that this could easily become a "horde" scenario where despite being almost a plague upon humanity, there are millions of them and far too many millions to stop. I think the two most likely outcomes to this factor of your species either leads to them being unplayable because they'll just be shot on sight and eradicated in weeks or less as far as your species' playerbase, or it will become a slightly powergamey scenario where the above "millions" are taken into account and they just keep dying and dying with no downside because their mentality on death, which was in another document you posted, is that it does not matter to them.

In this state, I can't pass this species in good conscience. I'm going to need to see a more in-depth premise for a species beyond a parasitic hivemind that wants to spread but nothing else and for seemingly no reason and no real payoff that I can tell.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
  3. zirconzz

zirconzz da guy Staff Member Community Monitor Gold Donator

Seconded. I have nothing else to add, 9K covered just about everything.

zecon125 likes this.
  4. Mila The Dinosauroid

Mila The Dinosauroid New Arrival

in your definition do animals have culture? because under my definition they do not and thats what i was going for

there is sort of a "person" mentality that creates
    culture but animals do not and even if you made an animal as smart as a human it wouldnt think like a human

5. 9K

9K Galactic Enforcer Staff Member Administrator Diamond Donator

Even animals have more culture than what you have described. You haven't described much of anything. Bees have architecture to show for, a form of "government," and a way of interacting with one another via a hierarchy among other things. They are very social.

Some species of spiders do dances for communication and as a mating ritual.

Chimpanzees have been observed displaying some forms of a "culture," forming "tribes" and such even among the same species.

Dolphins have some surprisingly sophisticated social circles and quite frequently just do things for their own enjoyment. As do other similar animals such as Orcas.

Elephants are extremely intelligent and very social animals that likewise, have been observed showing curiosity about things and playing.

Cows are up there with Elephants in terms of intelligence and social circles, even forming cliques at times.

What you have here though, are sapient beings that while yes, they are in a hivemind, possess some individuality. They are more than just capable of forming a culture, but psychologically inclined to do so based on that.

ThatCabbage, zecon125 and Cheffy like this.