Seymour's Shot

Discussion in 'Approved' started by Athena, Jan 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Athena

Athena ⭐Star Child Ex-Staff

Forum name: Seymour

Country/Timezone: USA, PST

Why do you want to be Staff?: I feel that I can genuinely contribute to any task I am held to, whether it be lore writing, grading, enforcement, backend; whatever it may be - I'm up for the task. I've also been here for four years now (since December 25, 2013) and feel that through my time here, I've seen much and hear a lot of what the community has said and wanted over the years and could apply it to enhance everyone's experience here.

What skills can you bring to the staff team?: I am very on task and to the point with my doings. When given a task, I like to do it both quickly and professionally, making sure it is done right while retaining speed to allow for maximum efficiency. As mentioned later, I also have much experience behind me and have a pretty detailed idea on what a staff position entails. Another helpful trait is that I always remain level-headed and fair during even the most stressful or emotional of times. I never let my emotions sway judgement and only decide based on fact.

What area(s) would you be most interested in helping assist with (if you have more than one preference, list in order of highest preference to lowest)?": I honestly don't have much preference for anything, but I would like to be able to be one to communicate between staff and users across various issues. I'd also enjoy lore the same, and from there everything else is equal.

Have you had prior experience moderating/staffing an online community?: Yep.

If so, where? What were your responsibilities?: About five years ago I ran one of the most populated MineCraft servers (at the time). I was responsible for ensuring that players would enjoy their experience, have fairness when it came to enforcement, building locations so that players had areas to meet and hang out, and even did back end plugin installment, configuration, testing, and ensuring that it was easy to comprehend and fun for users rather than a hodge-podge of useless mods. I was also head admin on a few other servers on the side, where I did pretty much the same things but did not have ultimate say on my own.

After this and more recently, I was one of the main staff and admins of the Starbound RP server Eden Fall. On there my main task was to be the head of PR, to bridge the gap between player and staff to ensure all was fun and fair. There I also did a bit of enforcement, hub building, and back end. Less important but still perhaps relevant was I ran the PayPal and paid for server costs and ensured those who helped were rewarded and that we were able to afford the costs.

As staff, it is crucial to be visible to the public; on the Forums, through the Discord, and on the Server. Though it is not mandatory to be on these three all the time, do you agree to be as active as possible through these means?: I am already active on the Discord and server, and plan to become more active on forums; so yes.

For better interaction with our users on the Galaxy Citizen Discord server and to take full part in any voice meetings we may have in the Staff Discord, it is recommended that you use a good microphone. Do you possess a microphone (If you do not have a microphone, it will NOT affect your chances for being on Staff)?: Yes I do.

What do you like about this community?: Well for one I enjoy the community itself a lot. Everyone here, staff and user, help create a much more fun and enjoyable environment than other servers offer. The setting and lore create a very enjoyable experience and one that is fun and rewarding to be a part of. No other server has this many dedicated players and staff helping to create one of the most rich roleplay experiences around. I can definitely say I'm proud of the time I've spent here and characters I've built over the years; which says a lot about this community.

What areas would you like to receive help in should you become staff?: I've long forgotten how to do back end, if I'd even have to. Aside from that I don't think I'd be much of a newbie to anything else, but would definitely need assistance in learning how Galaxy Citizen specifically goes through with their procedures.

What are your weaknesses?: One is that I vanished due to living circumstances for quite some time and am actively trying to catch up to speed with recent lore and events, so I am a bit behind there. I'd also say that I can sometimes hold a bit of a grudge and be more passive with some than others. A last note to make is that despite my time here, I am not that known due to previous lack of voicing myself actively outside the server. I'd like to be more known and respected, especially as staff; so I do feel this is a bit of a weakness.

Galaxy Citizen Character name(s): Seymour Everett, Minny Caspan, Old Blue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.