Rose Avalice: Flower of the Fringe

Discussion in 'Character Information' started by Lange, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Lange

Lange Guru of Knowledge Ex-Staff Impervium Donator

[​IMG]
    General Information

Living in her own little corner of the galaxy is Rose Avalice, a 24-year old woman born in January of 3263. Born from Lange Avalice, a deranged Hyperian Android-turned-Metanoid originally thought to have created her as a weapon. A girl with a fiery attitude-turned-calm, she travels the Fringe in search of new friends to meet, and friends to treat like family. A fast, agile girl that prides herself on stealth and dominating in virtual reality games.

[​IMG]
    Theme Music: Duality - Rose Avalice

Battle Music:
    One Thing - RWBY Vol. 6 OST

[​IMG]
    Physical Appearance

Rose stands at a height of 5'11, being a female Metanoid. She has many outfits, ranging from formal wear to a fur jacket and even a casual tank top in some cases. Her eyes shine as a light purple.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Personality

Personality Type: ESFJ

Rose cares deeply about her family and close friends, and would go as far as to give her life for them. While shy to people she doesn't know, she can come out of her cold, hard shell and be social when she chooses to. Everything she faces becomes personal, driven by emotion more than logical sense. She tends to stick to her own routine, and can tolerate change but overall likes things to stay the same. Rose likes to stay in her own little world, only occasionally letting new people enter her inner circle. She hates confrontation, and people just unwilling to work with her in general. What drives her is control, people that support her and the heart-to-heart connections she can share with others. She tends to do well when she's around people, but alone with her own thoughts is extremely unhealthy. She tends to be selfless in her decisions, but in a fight she will most likely flee if she has that choice.

[​IMG]
    Political Ideology:

Rose tends to have a stone cold exterior, but once you get to know her she is very friendly and willing to do activities. Her main goal is starting a family and staking her claim on the planet she calls home, Vistriea. She tends to like things that are grounded in reality, such as music or art, but people or forms of entertainment that tend to turn her off are those of magic or unreal talents. Tarot card readers, magicians, and to an extent oracles are examples of this. She has a casual side to her, but also a professional side. She knows when she has to keep her head down and do work when needed.

[​IMG]
    Backstory

Starting nearly 24 years ago, Lange Avalice began work on a Synthetic Intelligence. It would prove to be an arduous process, but over the course of those 22 long years, He worked tirelessly on what he called "Project: Duality". Technically, Rose's SI was born during that time, but remained in a virtual, semi-physical orb-like state so it could learn from Lange's actions.

[​IMG]

That was until in recent times, when she was granted her own body. Shortly after Rose's transformation from virtual into reality, she didn't have long with her father until the fateful day that his own core was permanently corrupted. From that day forward, along with Rose's mother, the widowed Polyima Avalice, she traveled the Fringe, constantly learning about new things she never really learned about as a virtual intelligence. From there, she started training everyday, learning about her family's past and working towards her own strength. Rose realized the mistakes that her father made, and vowed to never make those same mistakes again.

[​IMG]

It wasn't until the recent Miskatonic Ruins Incident that changed her way of thinking forever. Seeing her fears and nightmares come true, and to face and defeat them along with Gnaiih itself that Rose's intelligence evolved into something more advanced than ever before. Rose began to realize that fighting to not become her father was counter-intuitive, she ditched that dream and pursued other interests. (Kudos for event: @majo )

[​IMG]

Having removed Lange's chip from her systems, she freed herself and became her own person, more than just a shadow of her father. Granted, the main core of his systems, split 50/50 with Polyima, make up Rose’s core systems so he still remains a part of her. Now it's up to her to decide what she does with that power. Lange began the Avalice story, now it's time for his daughter to become whatever she wants to be and carry on that torch.

[​IMG]

Since the long, grueling days as an Android, she has since become a Metanoid, an organic human. Seeking to get away from the struggles of battle, Rose leads a more peaceful, diplomatic life, now a chancellor of Atlas and overseeing Lapetus.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    The flower that once sprouted from Lange's own intuition and determination has blossomed into a completely different person, one that her own father could have never seen coming. Rose tends to take after her father in some regard, whether it was his sarcastic, sassy nature, or small things like his fashion sense. Except the hat.

Never the hat.
    [​IMG]

Friends & Relationships

Lover | Family | Best Friend | Friend | Liked | Neutral | Conflicted | Disliked | Hated | Enemy

Dylan Spetzer - Lover | Fast-Falling Fiance

Oh man, where do I even start with this guy...saves my life not once, but twice. Then goes all out on these big gestures once I start falling for him, and goes out of his way months down the line to just propose to me out of nowhere. What can I say? He's perfect. He's always there for me even when I don't expect him to be. I can be out doing missions and I feel like he's in my heart. This is the first time I've ever fallen this hard for anyone in my life.

Xera - Family | Future Aunt

Xera reminds me of how I used to be. Inexperienced, curious. She lives in my ship now, awaiting my daughter's birth. She wants to be an aunt for her, and she's grown really dear to my heart.

Blake - Family | Future Godmother

She's okay, if unstable. Not really someone I'd spar with considering she has a dark side. Comes by the house sometimes, good to hang out with.

Watchtower - Family (deceased) | Caretaker

Ever since Lange died, Watchtower watched over me. He cared for me when no one else did, picked me up when I fell and repaired me when I couldn’t get up. He meant so much to me, but he was taken from this world too soon. But I’ll avenge his death.

Lost Reborn - Family | Uncle

The only remaining person from Lange's years besides Polyima. He taught me combat in the early days, and he visits sometimes. He's a good guy.

Nastia - Family | Aunt

Lost's wife, but she's so sweet. She rarely ever visits, but she always tends to bring presents or really nice food when she does. It's a welcome surprise.

Polyima - Family | Distant mother, but still love her.

I can't bring myself to hate her. She hasn't done anything wrong like her husband did to us, but she's really distant as of late. I dunno.

Alera - Friend | Fringe Newcomer

Saved her from a crash landing on Vistriea, and is now one of my closest friends. Very nervous about my job, which I don't have a problem with.

Vittoria - Friend | Coming to Terms

When she became a mother, her attitude changed. She seems to like being around me now, so I'll keep an eye on her. But generally, she's very pleasant nowadays. Plus her daughter is soooooo adorable.

Seru - Friend

Pretty cool. She comes over from time to time. Kicks my ass at arcade games.

Wester Lund Jr. | Amazing Mechanic, Trustworthy

Similar to Caleb, though he's on the programming and AI side of things. I can trust him to fix me up.

Box - Friend | Polyima's Girlfriend

She's pretty much just dating my mom. Sometimes comes over to the house and crashes after a long day at work or drinking. Usually the latter.

Sophia - Friend | Vampyr with good fashion sense

She's friendly, someone I can drink with. Not all Vampyrs are bad.

David Ward - Friend | Crab Man

Though he technically killed Watchtower, I blame Caleb for that for not telling us about Sanctus's owner being that protective. I don't blame Dave for what happened. Also, his nextube is pretty funny.

Ria Tiara - Friend | New girl on the block, great impression

This girl has spunk, but she's easily spooked by things. Not that she can't stand up for herself or dive deep and steel her emotions when the situation calls for it. She's dependable, I like her.

Alexis Wright - Friend | Hard-Hitting Girl Pal

I like this one. She's feisty, throws a good punch, and she's pretty chill. Like a buddy you could have a drink with.

Lyra - Friend | Crash-landed back into my life. Literally.

Welp, I knew I'd see her again, I just didn't expect her to crash-land into my backyard. She's still as sweet and caring as ever.

Audiclann - Friend | Good doctor

Medical professional and friendly face. He's cool.

Phonecia - Friend | Sweetheart, always peppy.

Always seems to cheer me up. Also gives great gifts, like that guitar.

Vaerok/Karniss - Liked | Respected Fighter

This Ravir can fight, jesus christ. I'm glad he's on my side.

Belle - Liked | Co-Owner of Winston's, makes good drinks.

She's alright. Serves good food and drinks with the Butler worm, sometimes gives us missions to defend Garlen or go looking for creatures.

Aksa - Liked | Good Fighter

She hits like a truck and can smash through floors with Ravir strength. She's okay.

Lloyd - Liked

Work-Related to Atlas, nothing more.

Nevada - Liked

Good detective, don't know a whole lot about this guy.

Wallace - Liked

He's what's leftover after losing Calvin. He's tolerable.

Caesar - Neutral | Mind Reader?

I honestly don't know about this guy. He did a reading for me and got everything right, and gave some solid advice. But he seems reaaaaally weird. Gonna have to keep an eye on him.

Lange Avalice - Neutral | Acceptance

After all he did to me and our family, both bad and good, I think i'm ready to forgive him. He brought us all together, and the reason I'm even here now. I guess...he's not all that bad.

Lillian Skye - Neutral | Abandoned

Even after improving myself, she left me behind. She hasn’t wronged me, but she made her choice.

Caleb - Disliked | Responsible for Watchtower's Death

I used to trust him, until he lied to all of us about Sanctus. I can't even look at him anymore without feeling raw anger build-up.

Gary Noose - Disliked | Heartless Spir

What I used to respect, I now think has lost their mind. I can’t even think of him as a person anymore, just a cold machine with four eyes that attacks me if I so much as speak to him. Cannot listen to reason.

Doe - Disliked | Philosophical Asshole

If I had a pixel for each time this guy spouted some nonsense and constantly judged people without doing a damn thing in his life, I could renovate my house a thousand times over. Fuck this guy.

Araki - Disliked | Ex-cult member turned sarcastic jerk.

Araki is unsettling to be around. His cynical attitude and sarcastic tone doesn't help much on that front, either.

Markus Aleksandr - Disliked | Best decision I ever made.

He used to be sweet before he got converted to a vagobot. Since then he was nothing but distant, and robotic. Now he's just turned into a cynical asshole, judging my every move. He may be a general, but he's not my life coach.

Stagheart Cassius - Disliked

Cynicism personified. No thanks.

Frosthand - Enemy | Vengeful bastard

Even after me and Vittoria struck a deal and worked things out, he's hellbent on taking me down. I tried to reason with him. The man cheated on his wife, too. Monster.

Vivian - Enemy | Threatened me and my family.

This woman is goddamn insane. If she comes near my house, she's dead.

Rhapsody - Enemy | Occasus Member

Blew up the Solus Mineshaft and almost killed all of us. Known occasus member, she's at the top of my list.

The Song - Enemy | Occasus Member

While she hasn't done anything yet, she's associated with Rhapsody.​

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019 at 6:46 AM
  2. Roren

Roren Galactic Commoner

i like the part where my yeehaw makes a smaller yeehaw

edit: ive been written out of the canon it seems

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    TurnWall and Lange like this.
  3. Lange

Updaaaaaate time! 2/1/2019:

• New section: Friends & Relationships! This details Rose's views on almost everyone she meets that makes a lasting impression, positive or negative.
    • Flower borders/linebreakers! Looks prettier.
    • Some new art by @.:BurningFox:. !

Khaos and Pinkbat5 like this.
  4. Lange

New update again, wheeee. 2/7/19
    • Updated photos depicting Rose for her recent sprite changes.
    • New theme! Duality.
    • General cleanup.
    • Updated relationships with characters: Lyra, Blake
    • Added relationships: Lost Reborn

Khaos and Pinkbat5 like this.
  5. Lange

We back at it again. 3/2/19:
    • Personality changed to reflect character development.
    • Updated on-going story.

6. Lange

3/6/19:
    • +Act Two: Redemption has now begun.
    • +History: Fleshed out more of her backstory, including references to her letting go of the task of not being like her father to focus on other interests/tasks.
    • +Updated Character Relations:
    • Lange Avalice - Neutral
    • Stagheart Cassius - Hated

• -Plasma Blades have been removed from Rose's arsenal.
    I’ve recently received criticism that Rose is a bit too “edgy”. I’m looking for ways to combat that while retaining her combat integrity. If you have suggestions while I work on this, feel free to reach out to me on discord. Remember:

I always welcome constructive criticism.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    Roren, Pinkbat5 and Khaos like this.
  7. Lange

Update 3/23/19:

• Plasma blades are back, but rarely used.
    • This has been replaced by “Rose’s Thorn”, a decorated shortsword.
    [​IMG]
    • General cleanup and adjustments.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
    Khaos likes this.
  8. Roren

Roren Galactic Commoner

why not a cooler name like Violet Thorn

9. Cheffu

Cheffu New Arrival

Every Rose has its thorns.

Khaos and Lange like this.
  10. TurnWall

TurnWall Local Humanoid Alien Impervium Donator

Good stuff!

Lange likes this.
  11. Silver "AgGa" Gallium

Silver "AgGa" Gallium Is there a way to take off my pants? Silver Donator

12. Lange

Update 4/10/19:

• Updated the story for Act Two: Redemption. Lotta shit happened, character-development wise.

Pinkbat5 likes this.
  13. Lange

Update 4/21/19:

Relationship changes!

• Frosthand: Conflicted > Enemy
    • Vittoria: Family > Neutral
    • Lillian: Best Friend > Family
    • Added Wester Lund Jr. as Friend

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  14. Lange

Update 5/14/19:

---------CHARACTER SHEET OVERHAUL---------
    Jesus christ this was a long time coming. Rose's character sheet was far too long and detailed, revealing parts of her backstory that could be found out IC instead of reading it here. This has been changed, and radically shortened to be more in line with other character sheets on the site.

- Personality Overhaul

• I ran a survey based on responses to Rose as a character (and extending to myself and how I play her), and the general consensus was her personality did not change post-surgery and that I RP Rose impulsively. Effective 5/14, I am retconning her personality to something way more calm. She also has PTSD because of the Ravir incident.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    zirconzz and Pinkbat5 like this.
  15. Pinkbat5

Pinkbat5 pocl v3.6.3 Staff Member Moderator Diamond Donator

Very epic

Silver "AgGa" Gallium likes this.
  16. Caucasian Asian

Caucasian Asian The Great Fatsby Staff Member Community Monitor Impervium Donator

17. Lange

Updated 9/17/2019. Mostly minor changes, additions to history.

Major changes:
    • Race Shift: Hyperian Vagobot > Metanoid

We human now boys.

TurnWall and Horriblues like this.
  18. Lange

Updated 11/11/2019.

• Cosmetic changes, as well as new pictures of the various outfits she has/uses most of the time. Event outfits are not included.
    • Relationship update: Added Alera and Xera.
    • Updated the localization files

TurnWall likes this.
  19. TurnWall

TurnWall Local Humanoid Alien Impervium Donator

Rip Watchtower :(

Lange likes this.