Rope Salesman for Staff 3284

Discussion in 'Approved' started by Khaos, Jul 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khaos

Khaos Purple Man Impervium Donator

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Forum name: Khaos
    [/font]

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Age: 20
    [/font]

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Country/Timezone: (CST) Central Standard Time, I'm in the USA.
    [/font]

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Why do you want to be Staff?: Ah, the golden question is always first. The answer here is admittedly a bit complicated. You see, I have considered joining the staff team a number of different times in the past. At first, I wanted to leave a mark on the community, interact with it more, contribute. This was during the age before the discord was made official, before I really did much stuff other than server-side things. At a later stage, well, I finally began to make an impact on the community on my own (with the help of others of course) without such a thing as being staff- and this kinda caused me to put off the idea for some time. It was only until recently that I felt I could do more as staff. I've watched members of the community come and go, and I certainly have already decided I'll be having quite the stay here. And what with me dedicating so much of my time to it already, I figured I might as well chip in and involve myself to a deeper level, as a staff member.
    [/font]

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]What skills can you bring to the staff team?: Hooh, alright, time to sell myself! I enjoy writing quite a bit, I maintain a level head in the vast majority of situations I'm in, and I've got a good bit of training in a half dozen programming languages. These include languages such as C++, C#, Visual Basic, SQL, Java... etc. Unfortunately I haven't done anything with LUA yet. My, rereading this seems like a job application, but I suppose it should. To reiterate, I do enjoy writing and I feel that I am competent with it.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]What area(s) would you be most interested in helping assist with (if you have more than one preference, list in order of highest preference to lowest)?": To list what I would like to do in descending order- I would most prefer being on the org team, though this is followed by assisting in enforcement as a second option. These are then followed by assisting as a technician. I list this one as last because I would need to be trained in order to understand and work with code that the existing technician works with. I wouldn't mind assisting with it though if necessary, so I felt like pushing that idea forth now.
    [/font]

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Have you had prior experience moderating/staffing an online community?: Nope.
    [/font]

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]If yes, where? What were your responsibilities?: N/A
    [/font]

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]As staff, it is crucial to be visible to the public; on the Forums, through the Discord, and on the Server. Though it is not mandatory to be on these three all the time, do you agree to be as active as possible through these means?: Absolutely!
    [/font]

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]For better interaction with our users on the Galaxy Citizen Discord server and to take full part in any voice meetings we may have in the Staff Discord, it is recommended that you use a good microphone. Do you possess a microphone (If you do not have a microphone, it will NOT affect your chances for being on Staff)?: I have a microphone.
    [/font]

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Galaxy Citizen Character name: You all know who I play, the answer is: Too Many, and then Gary Noose.
    [/font]

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]What do you like about this community?: I could rant, I could ramble. But I'll leave this one short and straight to the point, so that I don't ramble on all day and create a mess to read. I enjoy the roleplay, I enjoy the people, I enjoy the events. I like putting together creations and watching people interact with them, watching how these interactions shape and change dynamic characters that contribute to a plot bigger than themselves. It's been great fun the entire time I've been here, despite the bumps in the road that I encounter occasionally. And there you have it.
    [/font]

2. Notanumber

Notanumber The Archivist Ex-Staff

Are we still doing +1
    ? If we're still doing +1
    , then +1
    . There are few people I could recommend higher for a position on the staff team. Enthusiastically recommended! 

3. 17

17 The Shining Wife Silver Donator

Yay!

I hope that you'll be a mature, understanding staff member /emoticons/smile.png/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

And less of a
    [​IMG]

4. Pinkbat5

Pinkbat5 pocl v3.6.7 Staff Member Administrator Diamond Donator

is it possible for staff members to give +1s

5. Khaos

Khaos Purple Man Impervium Donator

Of course. Passive aggressive statements aside, I will be upfront and say that nobody is perfect.

It would also be nice if you provided context on the issue, when I was caught between trying to multitask and tend to people while possible metagaming and powergaming attempts were underway by another individual, which later led to a report and so on. I won't linger on this, as it is in the past.

This is a single instance of a poor choice of words, something everyone has been guilty of at some point.

6. Lloyd

Lloyd Daedalus Staff Member Administrator

hooooooooooooooooooogh

7. DaTimeSmog

DaTimeSmog New Arrival

You can keep that somewhere else, you're well known for your own behaviour and this doesnt help your own reputation at all.

[​IMG]

8. Yz2

Yz2 Galactic Enforcer Staff Member Community Monitor Gold Donator

+1

Khaos would be very good on staff. He's a talented writer, level-headed and a nice person. Would be able to contribute a lot to the community.

9. krowski_nall

krowski_nall New Arrival Ex-Staff

Nay

10. Pinkbat5

Pinkbat5 pocl v3.6.7 Staff Member Administrator Diamond Donator

fuck

11. ZachChase

ZachChase Does Anyone Read These? Gold Donator

+1

I'd love to see what you could bring to staff-

I'm not sure about this or not but I think I've been here longer (by just a bit) yet he's done WAY better stuff than I could ever do.

I look up to you man.
    [size=-2]no homo tho[/size]

9K likes this.
  12. inactive account

inactive account Inactive Account Ex-Staff Impervium Donator

Considering I'm not exactly staff, I'm just the music dude, +1.

13. *Kaio*

*Kaio* Hacker Badman Gold Donator

For my fellow purble bro I give you a +1. God speed to you and best of luck to you!

14. Capslock

Capslock you're all nerds Ex-Staff Event Builder

+1 rope

The glasses gang is taking over GC

15. 17

17 The Shining Wife Silver Donator

I'm surprised over the amount of attention certain individuals are giving me. Peculiar.

But hey, glad to hear that you're good ^^

You do seem like someone who fits the role.

16. DUWANGO

DUWANGO New Arrival

+1 

I always wanted to get to know you. You seem cool, someone I could trust. Don't prove me wrong.

17. SilverGallium

SilverGallium No-Bark Noonan Impervium Donator

+1
    for sure. One of the most level-headed members I can name off the top of my head and a pretty swell guy in general from what I've seen.

18. Shiny

Shiny New Arrival

+1
     he and I served together in 'Nam.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.