Report on Templar (ex-staff member)

Discussion in 'Completed Reports' started by 17, Jan 12, 2018.

1. 17

I'd like to report Templar (now ex-staff) for carrying out potentially biased, inaccurate (excessive), and unjustified punishment (permban) on me a few months ago.

I believe I was banned solely because of issues between me and certain people of personal nature. I do not think the provided evidence portrays me slandering GC and/or any of its specific members.

This, this and the fact that Templar left the staff team literally the day after (possibly to avoid criticism) just assures me further.

I am aware that he dislikes me personally and associates with people who do as well, who have been warned/punished in the past for their behaviour.

I believe I did not break any rules (which I also stated in my ban appeal, which was accepted). I might have used some not-so-nice words (as seen in the evidence) but I have already apologized for that in my ban appeal and I don't think that'd qualify for an immediate permban.

The least I expect is an acknowledgement of the mistake and an apology from every single staff member who agreed on the ban back then (public or private, their choice) and a change, so it does not repeat in the future.

Thank you.

2. YongZhi

YongZhi New Arrival Ex-Staff Gold Donator

Hello, we regret to inform you that you are being permanently banned from Galaxy Citizen following multiple cases of inappropriate behaviour despite warnings.

When your previous ban appeal was approved, these were the conditions stated:

[​IMG]

“Hi. While we understand your concerns, we believe that you are misinterpreting the rules. You claim that you should be unbanned because you were slandering members in the Frontier Discord server and not GC itself. I am sure you also realize that slandering other members at all is a shitty thing to do and still against our rules, especially when you are calling people worthless trash, low-minded, and insulting the members of staff (who happen to be handling your appeal too ;) ).

You will be unbanned on all media provided that you swallow your pride and acknowledge that what you did wrong, that you apologize to anyone you may have attempted to slander in the Frontier Discord, and that you absolutely do not show this behavior again.”

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Having agreed to the terms of the appeal, you gave a proper apology, which resulted in you being unbanned and allowed back into the community. However, in light of recent events, it has become clear that your actions have invalidated the terms of your appeal. This first came to our attention with your forum signature, mocking the previous decision to ban you. Which occured shortly after you acknowledged that the ban was your fault and that you would not repeat that in the future.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Secondly came your actual harassment of Templar himself. Where you proceeded to mock and attempt to get a rise out of him by bringing up the fact that he banned you after discussion with the staff team. While it is perfectly fine to dislike people, and even speak badly of them in private discords with friends, it’s considered harassment to begin calling them out to poke and prod at them.

Following these two incidents, it has become clear that you are in no way apologetic for the actions that led up to your previous ban, and have gone on to harass Templar for simply doing his job. Nomad informed you that staff would be keeping an eye on you, and you’ve been on your final chance ever since you were unbanned. You are absolutely right in saying that bad decisions should have consequences, or they will repeat. As such, you are being permanently banned from Galaxy Citizen’s forums, discord and server. Thank you, and have a nice day.

3. 17

It was a private Discord, not a DM. GC rules do not apply there.