RecklessPrinny's staff application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by RecklessPrinny, Sep 30, 2019.

1. RecklessPrinny

RecklessPrinny New Arrival

Forum name:RecklessPrinny

Country/Timezone:United states/MDT

Why do you want to be Staff?:I like to be helpful in the communities I join in as many ways as possible to me

What skills can you bring to the staff team?:I can typically keep a cool head when dealing with people who are breaking rules and know what the line between to far and not is and I am usually able to see my discord at all times of day.

What area(s) would you be most interested in helping assist with (if you have more than one preference, list in order of highest preference to lowest)?": I would mostly like to help on the discord as I can almost always be on it and be there to answer questions and help people along, and deal with the more nasty situations in chats.

Have you had prior experience moderating/staffing an online community?: I was a "trial mod" and game master for a soft rp server on Unturned, and I am the senior officer (and the admin and creator of the discord) of an Elder scrolls online guild, I used to be the assistant guild master but stepped down due to time constraints.

If so, where? What were your responsibilities?:In the case of unturned I had to monitor whenever i was available to make sure no one was acting out of line and in a few cases I had to drop the respective kick and ban hammers due to said out of line behavior, and as a game master I had to write ideas for events. and in the case of Elder scrolls I have to help new guild members when they ask questions and get them accustomed to what we do, as well as monitor for bad behavior, and in the discord I have to work on recruiting moderators and keep an eye on everything that goes on and everyone that comes in and out.

As staff, it is crucial to be visible to the public; on the Forums, through the Discord, and on the Server. Though it is not mandatory to be on these three all the time, do you agree to be as active as possible through these means?:I can 100% assure you that I will be able to monitor the discord and the forums at most times of day for my time-zones, the server however may be a little bit more flaky but I will try my best.

For better interaction with our users on the Galaxy Citizen Discord server and to take full part in any voice meetings we may have in the Staff Discord, it is recommended that you use a good microphone. Do you possess a microphone (If you do not have a microphone, it will NOT affect your chances for being on Staff)?: I do but would prefer to use it minimally.

What do you like about this community?: So far it has to be the general helpfulness I have received as well as everyone seems very nice and their sense of humor is on point with mine.

What areas would you like to receive help in should you become staff?: Just getting settled in and maybe learning some of the more advanced rules and scenarios I may have to handle should I be the only staff.

What are your weaknesses?: In this case I think it would probably be my lack of desire to use a mic may make it harder to talk out problems with staff/rule offenders alike and I don't really know how to handle situations with a lot of people breaking a lot of rules

Galaxy Citizen Character name(s):
    Vincent Philander

2. PanKruk

PanKruk hi Gold Donator

You joined GC less than a week ago

crumchy and SilverGallium like this.
  3. RecklessPrinny

RecklessPrinny New Arrival

Fair enough

I will return should I prove an active member (and if im allowed to return >.>)