Genetic Phoenix Resurrection Device (P.R.D.)

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Skid, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Skid

Skid God Incarnate Staff Member Community Monitor Diamond Donator

Name: Phoenix Resurrection Device (P.R.D.)

Description: From the outside, P.R.D. isn't invisible save for a single hardpoint located in the base of the patient's neck. Within the patient are various implants, most of which connected to vital organs.

Abilities:
    • P.R.D. effectively revives the patient after death, allowing people to come back from near death experiences and fake their own death.
    Limitations:
    • EMPs will completely disable the implants, requiring a visit to a professional to have them repaired. If the patient dies before then, or if they are hit by an EMP before they are revived, they're dead with no chance of being revived.
    • After being revived patients will be light headed, irritable, and suffer for irritable memory for a short period of time.
    • Being revived repeatedly or multiple times in a short period of time can lead to long term memory loss.
    • P.R.D. cannot remedy physical injury. If one were to die from blood loss, for example, they wouldn't be able to revive unless the injury was somehow remedied.
    • Once revived, the patient will not remember anything past the point of the most recent snapshot.
    Conditional Limitations:
    • The P.R.D. may not be able to revive the patient depending on their biology.
    How does it work: Through several surgeries the implants are put into the body, connected to vital organs within the body. At regular intervals- the default is 30 minutes but it can be changed to something else- the implants will create and save a snapshot of the patient's brain. Following this, through either external means such as a datapad or the neural link, the patient can determine a time at which they will effectively die, with all brain activity and bodily functions ceasing nigh-immediately. 30 minutes after death, regardless if it was caused by the patients or something else, such as suffocation, the implants restart the brain along with any other vital organs. The snapshot created earlier is used to correct any faults in the brain.

Flavor text: This device was created by Ashidan, a Floran engineer in Horizon after trying to find a way to make a person able to have another chance in life, as they felt cloning is only a copy of yourself, and not really you.

Referenced Technologies: Neural Links

Attainability: Open

Tags: Civilian

Category: Genetic

Khaos likes this.
  2. Khaos

Khaos Purple Man Impervium Donator

After reviewing this tech app, I will be giving it a pending.
    I have a few questions regarding the application, and concerns.
    - The line between what is revivable and what isn't should be more defined. For example, could it cleanse a body of toxins provided they aren't extremely destructive? Can it revive someone who has had cardiac arrest, organ failure, and so on? I don't need ridiculous details, simply generalizations.
    - It shouldn't be able to reverse particularly nasty diseases that have caused the death, such as the shifter virus or any disease with similar horrible effects to the body pre-death. This can be included with what I requested in the previous point.
    - In the instances of suffocation, does the P.R.D. supply the body with oxygen among its other processes? Could you describe how the device 'restarts' organs, especially after cell decay or damage?
    - The brain lasts about six minutes after the heart stops, before ceasing all functionality in what is known as Brain Death. The P.R.D. must have a very damn well way of restoring the functionality to the brain and reviving its cells, in addition to it already applying the screenshot already mentioned. Refer to the above issue regarding 'restarting' organs and tissue.

3. Skid

Skid God Incarnate Staff Member Community Monitor Diamond Donator

I'm moving my own app to denied, as interest has been lost.